"Natural selection" is it for real ?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by cyber_indian, Oct 28, 2005.

1. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Hummm can you point me in which chip a computer have a "logical patterns that can make decisions" or maybe you are refering to a software code that trys to EMULATE certain type of enviroment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. valich Registered Senior Member

You're deviating from my post. I didn't suggest this in animals. I was comparing compturers to humans. But yes, you are right, chimps also have "logical patterns that can make decisions." They live in a social civilized group, communicate amongst themselves, and can use tools as extensions of their limbs in a logical way just as humans can.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Is this your argument?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Valich - I'm deviating ... when did I mention something about animals or chimps ???

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

How long have you known you are dyslexic vallich? Why are you uncomfortable admitting it? We would all have a lot more sympathy for your cognition difficulties if you had explained this too us earlier.
    A computer chip is quite different from a chimp.
    (If you aren't dyslexic then the kindess take is that you are just sloppy.)

9. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite you gonna kill me man ...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Dyslexia caused by 'misspelled' genes .

11. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

Yes. ((points to the big chip labeled "Intel"))

-Dale

P.S. TTL = Transistor Transistor Logic

12. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Tell me Dale, how much do you know about computers ... except that pci card goes in the pci slot ...

Because this is your worst day claiming such things ...

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

14. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

At least enough to understand that there are lots of decisions and logic circuits that go into simply decoding the instructions in today's CISC chips. Maybe you should worry about how much you know instead.

-Dale

15. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

I've majored in "microprocessor thechnology", and believe me when you talk about computer logic it means logical operators (Boolean algebra to be exact) like AND OR NOT NAND NOR - not a chip with it's own mind. Thats the base of of every computer and it got nothing to do with making decisions.

Just what's the chances to be arguing about something like this with somebody that actualy majored in this. Usualy you would have get away with such claims, but not today.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  16. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Hey wait CISC instruction sets can not only make decisions, but also predict - why don't you ask them about your horoscope

17. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

I never said anything about a computer having "it's own mind", that was your statement entirely.

By your own admission AND OR NOT NAND and NOR all definitely count as "logical patterns that can make decisions". I think it is pretty funny that you spend half the post waving your credentials and the other half giving arguments that support my position instead of yours.

-Dale

18. valich Registered Senior Member

Probably as long as you have NOT known that you are a psychophathic irritating obstacle to progress in knowledge and education as is evident, and continuously usual, in this post of yours.

19. cyber_indian Registered Senior Member

Dale, do you even know what Boolean algebra is ?

P.S. Computers don't make decisions, they simply execute software code and that's it.
    Hey Dale maybe they read your mind too a ?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  20. valich Registered Senior Member

Oh, I am so sorry! I read it so fast that I thought you wrote "chimp" not "chip." Please except my sincere apologies.