Near death experiences

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Dennis Tate, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Do you think that Black Holes are involved in recycling of energy and matter?

1. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Perhaps????

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

That's just an approximation to π, though, isn't it?

And he was making a joke.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seattle and Dennis Tate like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

It 'rounds off' the end of the equation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

That is one way of looking at all this.....
    but... let's look at "God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land" that was given to near death experiencer Robert Mendelson in 1992. He refuses to take any credit for his two or three books dedicated to bringing peace to the nations of Israel and the Palestinian territories...... He refuses to take any money for his books even though they are actually quite publishable??????

If he did not take his 1992 near death experience seriously.....
    why would he behave in that way???????

"God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land, Hebrew and Arabic."

http://godspeaceplan.org/books-download-page/
    The Way of Holiness and the Sacred Hoop by Mendelson is very much on the same theme as:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/mellen-thomas-benedict.html#a09

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

That is an excellent way to put it......
    Randy is biased.... and his bias is more obvious in many ways than my own.....
    and I plead guilty to having a number of biases based on the books and articles that I did read since 1973 when I was fourteen vs... the books and articles that I DID NOT read in those years!!!!!

8. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Well.... I am no scientist but I do remember an explanation for Black Holes by a near death experiencer that rather impressed me.

All that I personally can state is that I personally am in no position to say that the following explanation is silly......
    it sounded pretty good to me.... but I am no expert in such matters at all!

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/mellen-thomas-benedict.html#a05

9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It doesn't matter what he (or anyone else) believes. What someone believes doesn't change reality.

I might believe that there is no blind spot because I don't normally detect it. It still exists however and the brain still fills in the missing data.

10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I admit that the background that each near death experiencer has had previous to their NDE has at least some effect on how they perceive what they experienced!

I am kind of impressed that Atheists... seem to have some of the more complete and interesting brushes with death.....
    and they tend to do a very good job of describing what happened to them as well.

https://www.near-death.com/philosophy/atheism-and-ndes.html

For example... I did read My Descent Into Death by former Atheist Howard Storm and I remember him writing that he thought that Jesus was one of the beings of light taking him through his Life Review but......
    he would not be dogmatic about it having been Jesus!!!!

11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Wow!!!!!!

I do believe that we are living in a Multiverse but....
    not the Agnostic or Atheistic Model of the Multiverse.....
    the Multiverse that we live in ...... (or more accurately however many variations on Multiverse that we have already live in.... or do live in now.... or will live in in the future.)...... these examples of Applied Multiverse Theory ... by
    Beings of astonishing vibrational level and energy......
    will ... I believe be better and better and better and better.... than the previous examples of Applied Multiverse Theory........
    in at least some important ways?!

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html#a03

Based on that final question by Dannion Brinkley that I just quoted.... Dicart..... what do you think that we humans are?

12. Dicart Registered Senior Member

We are God's childs on the path that God's Angels have determined (we have free will but the path is fixed, letting us evolve freely on this path) for us, and our evolution will lead us to become some Angels (or some kind of).
    Jesus the lamb, the ruler (King) of the world, like an Archangel (Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega), or not if time is not acurate depending on God's will, demonstrate God that Mankind have value.
    This fact is acted.
    Mankind has value, and is saved.
    Jesus is the one who showed God that mankind have value if no sin is initialy present in his body (Jesus was created without sin).

Concerning the ability we have to change the futur (because of our free will), it is true, and we can also change the past (Quantum mecanic show us that the possibility is real).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeler's_delayed-choice_experiment

Past and futur are not fixed, they are linked with coherence instantenously from one place (Alpha) to another (Omega) in the entire Univers by the "logos".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

Dennis Tate likes this.
  13. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

One near death experiencer stated that he had gotten the impression that all of us seem to have what he termed an "oversoul" because he did not know what else to call it.

Mellen Benedict got the impression that this over soul of ours existed from even before our conception. What do you think of the impression that he got about this?

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

When you consider how crazy or normal or just slightly off some of our dreams are why should it be any different when we just had an experience as dramatic as almost dying including the low oxygen levels that probably entailed?

Afterall the whole concept of Jesus or God is just something that man came up with. I'm sure "Jesus" or "God" doesn't appear in the near death experience of some person (if there is such a person) who has never heard of these concepts or conjured them up him/her self.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  15. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'll give you another example of what I'm talking about. I had been stuck inside for several days due to a snowstorm years ago. When the roads finally appeared to be OK to drive on we went out for a quick trip.

The road I was on had a speed limit of about 55 mph so due to conditions I was going about 45 mph and then I hit a patch of black ice. The car started to do a 360. I remembered to turn into the spin and I stayed on the road, in the same lane and luckily the black ice ended just as I was headed straight again and I continued on at 45 mph as if nothing had happened.

If this had happened 10 times, I would have spun off the road in 8-9 of those times. This time I didn't.

I have a friend who is very religious who lives in the mountains of N.C. He was driving his truck on curvy roads in the mountains when something similar happened to him. He managed to stay on the road and continued driving straight ahead after the 360 as well.

He says he knows he doesn't have race car driver skills and that the only reason nothing happened is that God must have been looking out for him that day.

It's the same with "near death" experiences.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  16. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I personally had a really, really, really strange experience back in 1990..... or was it early in 1991......
    but you know this forum better than I do so I may send you a personal message to see if you know where I should explain about this.......
    because maybe there is no forum here where this would be appropriate?????????

17. Seattle Valued Senior Member

If it's crazy, it seems that any forum here will do but there is a whole supernatural/pseudo science section and nothing is too crazy for that it seems.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Religious people, in general, don't seem to believe in coincidences, statistics, the law of large numbers and how probability works in general.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  19. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

So you mean that this forum that we are in right now may be one of the best ones for an unusual experience that we had ourselves?

http://www.sciforums.com/forums/pseudoscience.27/

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's certainly appropriate as far as I'm concerned.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  21. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your advice.....
    I would usually just have guessed and done my best and not been too worried if I had gotten banned....
    but the calibre of the discussions that I am finding here are at a level that I never experienced before.....
    so I plan to be on my best behaviour!

sculptor likes this.
  22. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I am rather religious.... and I had a really strange experience back in late 1990 or perhaps it was late 1991....
    that I have difficulty imagining was merely coincidence.... considering the circumstances?????

Here is the background.....

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/is-faith-a-reliable-path-to-knowledge.152142/page-40#post-3667553

To my thinking......
    what I experienced is kind of hilarious.... but many people may tend to see the whole thing very differently?????
    This pretty much takes the cake for being one of the most off the scale STUPID IDEAS that I have ever had in my entire life......!!!!!!

In some ways... there were a few of the elements of a near death experience in all of that?????? Sort of??????

23. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Dennis Tate likes this.