Neuromancer The Film?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Stryder, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Is it me, or has someone in the entire film making industry said "Cut!", and placed a hold upon the creation of the film?

Supposedly the script has been in the pipeline for years, but there is seemingly no movement. Perhaps Mr W. Gibson is not happy with something.. the actors.. .the directors... the re-write of his story to the play format.

Perhaps he's doing like George Lucas did with Starwars... waiting for the special effects to get where he wants them, or perhaps he's waiting for the worlds technological aspirations to spiral towards his own.

Personally I think it would look good with the Realtime stuff being filmed with actors and special effected backdrops like "Bladerunner", and the scenes of accessing the matrix could stem into a world similar to that of "Final Fantasy" which the grid being a three dimensional world, and people being portrayed as virtual characters.

Who knows though??? Well other than Mr W. Gibson.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't blame Mr. Gibson for pulling the plug on another movie version of one of his stories. Johnny Mnemonic the movie did no justice to the story. This is a common problem with movies made from books. Stephen King didn't want tto see The Stand made into a movie because he thought there would be too many vital parts left out. He was right.

The big problem is that writers don't have to worry about a special effects budget. Writer like Gibson, who have created such vivid worlds through an entire series of books, don't need to worry about too much background information, either, because their loyal fans already know most of the story.

Enter the producer. He puts up the money and so thinks he has final say. Things get tweaked, the writer is under some shady contract, and has the joy of watching his or her work of art usually torn to shreds for the sake of merchandising.

I could go on, but Junkyard Wars is on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Junkyard Wars

Hey, man. Out here in Mo-Town West (Modesto, also known as Moo-Town for all the friggin' cows) we take what we can get on the TV. And if it's old runs of Junkyard Wars, well, it beats watching cows stand around and poop.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In some ways I miss living in Silicon Valley, but in other ways I wouldn't go back there to live for all the tea in China. Way too expensive. That's why I'm out here in cow country to begin with. Hey, how do I put an avatar under my name? I want to find a picture of a cow to use.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Seems I missed you post here, mentioning of wanting to place an avatar. You can find it in the Control Panel under Edit Options, near the bottom is an option called AVATAR.

The avatar has to be 60x60 pixels or less and in GIF (.gif) format.

simple really.

As for cow country.... I remember some guys once talking about cow pushing... (creeping up on cattle when they are alseep because they sleep standing up and pushing them over)

Just don't do it unless:
    You can run fast.
    You know what a Bull looks like.
    You have nothing better to do with your time than push sleeping cattle over.

I would of loved to have visited Japan for their Technological blackmarket (Although it seems a little naughty)

8. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I've never been cow-tipping. I wouldn't dare. Some of those beasts look downright mean. I'd rather sneak up my sleeping dog and muss up the blankets as he's sleeping under them. It really ticks him off and he comes tearing out ready for a fight. Eh, he's a chihuahua. What do you expect?

Thanks for the avatar info. Now to find a suitable avatar. I am the cow-god! Moo!

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You can also edit your title with the control panel under Edit profile ("Cow God" would be a fun title)

when I think of a chihuahua, I think of a dog that can fit in your pocket... especially useful when your in the way of a big cat (Like a lion) you can either get your dog to frighten it off, or just feed the dog to it so you have a chance to run

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(Just joking... poor litlle snack.... erm I mean pet!)

10. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Moo-ha-ha-ha! Now I am the Cow-God!

You know what I wish? I wish they'd do a video series based on Gibson's short stories. I'd love to see a filmed version of "Dogfight", one of my favorites. Of course, I also wish I had a gazillion dollars, tax-free.

The biggest reason I really like "Dogfight" is because of what the protagonist does to the game's champion. He doesn't care that the old guy is in a wheelchair, that the game is all he has left in the world. He came to play, and to win. I really identify with that kind of ruthless competitiveness.