Neutron Star

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by RajeshTrivedi, Apr 7, 2015.

1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

brucep, don't hold back so much, say what you really think.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

paddoboy likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I've just stopped reading his posts. They're not even fun in the 'I misunderstood everything, yet I have the answers to everything' sorta way.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. brucep Valued Senior Member

The bullshit is relentless. I doubt whether it originates from a living being. Doesn't really matter the cranks, spammers, and auto bots take over in the end. Look at physforum. When I signed on there were some really interesting posters discussing many interesting topics. Now it's an intellectual wasteland. When I signed on here there were three PHD moderators in physics and math. Maybe I should quit signing on?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...a rhetorical question?

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As I have often said, forums like this are the only outlet they have. Seems all we can do is grin and bare it, and keep refuting all of the nonsensical stuff like BNS.
    The first forum I ever signed on to was one run by the ABC [Australian Broadcasting Corporation] whose patron was Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, and we had a young GR theorist and a professional Astronomer.
    That forum is now defunct otherwise I would still be there.

The thing to realise is they are making no difference to the greater scheme of things, and as long as the members here keep refuting them, asking for evidence, reminding them that peer review via the scientific method is paramount, I'm sure most visitors will in the end, recognise them for what they are.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

The first forum I joined was called the Hawking Forum. It was basically a fun group who all were non expert. It's been dead for 15 years. It should have been dead 20 years ago.

10. brucep Valued Senior Member

If that means 'are you talking to yourself' the answer is yes.