New moderators for Free Thoughts and Art & Culture

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by James R, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

What are we going to do with it? Bribing each other ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

as it is reaching the time for a decision I feel the need to preempt some of the arguments against me.

1. that I want to be a mod to have protection against mods I disagree with. while I'll admit that does strike me a plus it is more in the way of a perk than a reason in my eye. I want to be a moderator because I believe I would do a good job and also I feel I could be a good bridge between the mods and the normal member which at times the corporation and agreement between is sorely lacking at times in my opinion.

2. that I would use moderator powers to get revenge on those who I feel wronged me. Yes I can be a vindictive son of a bitch at times using power to go after those weaker than me is not really my cup of tea. I prefer to as a means of revenge counter arguments and making them look foolish because of that is how I prefer to operate. Rather than getting rid of them I find them staying around continuing their efforts while being afforded some measure of respect from others who I respect is a far more satisfying form of revenge to me.

3. That I would let my emotions cloud my judgments as a moderator. Yes I am an emotional person. I am a passionate person and sometimes I go overboard. I do however recognize the differences between normal poster and mod. I wouldn't allow my personality to effect my performance in the job.

thank you and if however I am selected you will find me to be an asset to the community

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Thanks for your response PJDude. I would like to add,

The Sciforums People have my vote.

S&D
    Hope.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

i would vote for you pj. preferably for art and culture first though.

i would like to be a super mod. the super mod now can get promoted and i would take the position as provisional, if that is acceptable.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Silly pretenders.

Anyway, pj raises a good point. I'm hardly the most self-effacing person here, but I suppose I should say for the record that I would be a good mod, always eating my porridge and never using my godlike powers to enact chaos or revenge. There will be those that scoff - if so, please cite my infairitude wheresoever it might be found. Nor would I let my emotions cloud my moderator judgement. I think my "Report" frequency is lower than most others'. I'm usually fairly willing to let an argument run its natural course to the Cesspool. I hardly even ever ridicule people any more.

A vote for Geoff is a vote for emotional stability.

9. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I didn't understand half of what pjdude said in #262. It's like..yes, he agrees with what people think of him, but at the same time doesn't. And well..the syntax got me confused there.

And oh yes, I think that Enmos would be a good mod, albeit it's true that I don't know him much on a personal basis, but judging from his posts he seems to be fair, and not exaggeratedly prejudiced. Good luck Enmos!

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What nonsense, of course he's prejudiced!
    He thinks he should be mod and not me.

11. mike47 Banned Banned

Seeking titles and powers.........a dream or a nightmare or both...?!!!.

12. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

"..not exaggeratedly prejudiced.."

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm pleased to see that at least someone is as horrified as I at the thought of Enmos in a position of real power.

14. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

It's not like he's Austrian. I can live with a Dutch guy in charge, before you know it we'll have strippers and bongs everywhere. He gets my vote.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thanks to the people who have volunteered. We'll get back to you shortly about the next step in the process. Please give us a couple of days.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The following people are under consideration for appointment as moderator(s):

Anti-Flag (FT)
    Cheskichips (FT)
    cluelusshusbund (FT)
    draqon
    Dywyddyr (FT)
    Enmos (FT)
    EntropyAlwaysWins (FT)
    GeoffP (FT)
    leopold99 (FT)
    pjdude1919
    shichimenshyo (FT)

17. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

First I have to apologize to all nominees because results haven't been posted earlier.
    There were some really outstanding members on the list, but we had to decide who would be the most suitable. I was thinking even about few candidates as co-mods, which was the reason behind this delay. The election process wasn't over yet.

Anyway, since sniffy and few other members demand response, I'll announce this as an end of nominations. We unfortunately won't install other moderators, since we needed more time to decide which members would be ideal for the positions.

We received 11 nominations, and after analyzing each candidate carefully, the decision has been made.

Enmos has been chosen to moderate Free Thoughts forum.
    Art & Culture: Since no one declared interest, Fraggle Rocker has been appointed as a member with great knowledge on the matter.

Billy T is also appointed for moderator of Business and Economics without nomination.

I had few names in mind, but since community wanted answers immediately, there won't be new promotions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.