"NEW" Religion seeking members

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Starman, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Bull shit! Prove to me there's a god!

Bull shit! Religion is whithout reason, and the only purpose thus far shown has been to force it upon ingnorant masses, and sometimes even by force or death!.

Bull shit!. The only thing taught by religion is indoctrination by fear, it teaches us to fear the other, it makes questioning religious authority blaspheme, in the good old days punishable by death!.

Bull shit! theist believe they have all the answers!. take a look in the mirror.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The only gap, is that religiousity has fought dear and hard, to maintain science stagnant!. (If in the times of Jesus, ;had we known what we know today, this guy would have been spending time in a mental institution!)

Godless

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Now that is utterly preposterous. Sperm assisting sperm to get to the egg. God's little tadpole bringing with it a host of genetically transferrable diseases, not to mention Downe's syndrome, birth defects, etc. Honestly, you're embarassing your fellow believers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

What Religion are you refering to? Judyism? I agree.

Reality is the truth or our existance.

Do you here voices often? Maby we can help.

Can you show me that quoat, because I do not rember saying this.

II take it you are a Christian, have you killed many Muslims lately?

Yes your morals may need improvement. :bugeye:

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge." AE

I can teach you to live a life based on Truth.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Hey, I just started to write my Bible, It will get better and yet I will keep it simple because I see no need to make it complex.

If you are refering to the Jewish Bible, that would be a work of fiction.

No, I think you just discribed, Judea Religions and Christianity.

Living in Reality is better. What part of my statment do you not understand?

Man created God, what part of this statment do you not understand?

Yes, but do you Christians have to Lie about it?

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or ab surd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature."
    [Albert Einstein,_The World as I See It_]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  8. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

cult
    Pronunciation: 'k&lt
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate -- more at WHEEL
    1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
    2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
    3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
    4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
    5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

9. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

That's correct just Science is allot better at it

10. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

I think what Cyperium is arguing is that religion is supposed to teach us things we don't already know. Explain the unknown, give us a perpetual "meaning of life".

Your religion is pretty much the Commen Sense religion, it teaches nothing.

11. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

They are and that is a Fact.

I see you havent read your Christian Bible, if you had you would not make this errogant statment.

In Reality the Christian Bible is complex, irrational, historical, and problematical to say the least.

It has little to do with Reality even though it includes a dysfunctional attempt to teach morals

12. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think they smell about the same.

13. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Medicine Woman, I am impressed, your art of communication, it is impeccable, your knowledge, refreshing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  14. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

15. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Life is not perpetual, What part of the Christan bible explains the unknown?
    Just because you believe a lie, will not make the lie, a truth.

If I can teach you to live in Reality, then I have tought you all you need to know.

16. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

The Christian Bible may not factually explain the unknown (see one of my previous posts about trying to argue "facts" with the Bible), but it attempts to give it's followers explainations that science has yet to uncover. It may not be factual in the slightest bit, but that isn't the point. The point is it attempts to teach and give meaning to life and gives a reason for someone to follow, your religion does not, your religion is pretty much worthless.

In fact, your religion is basically what people who don't follow organized religion already do. All you're doing is attempting to make it an organized religion, and as we all know, organized religion = BAD.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think that if I have learned anything, there are endless answers for every one question. Even science has failed to provide us with any absolutes other than, it can play with the toys of life. However, where science ends, religion goes forth.

I just revisited a movie that I haven't seen since the 70's. Ever watch Tommy?

18. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

My Goal is to offer the people who live in other Religious fantasies, Religion based on truth and in Reality.

I wish to congregate with others who believe as I do, to have fellowship and to implement our policy. We live in the United States, a free country.

There are many like myself, we will not be silent and we will not go away.

We will rock your world and you will awake from your delusion.

19. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Please, stop the preaching. You are starting to remind me of the very people you are trying to convert, disgusting.

No one will follow your religion because you offer them nothing worth following. If all you seek is to congregate with fellow atheists, than calling it a religion and writing commandments to follow is the wrong way to go about it.

And you felt it necessary to point out that the United States is a free country, why? I'm simply giving my opinion of your "religion", I don't seek to stop you from persuing, have fun!

As for awaking me from my delusion, what delusion would that be? Do you think me a Christian? Assuming makes an ass out of both you and me.

20. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

A religion based on good science.

Whe need a bible that talks about good vs bad science. Something that as to do with our survival and to keep our planet clean. I donno... but a book that support science in the good way like using wind like source of energy instead of chemical plants. (Pollution)

Something to keep us not to make us instinct of our own. If humanity is anything to go by, the sad truth may be that, like humanity, an alien race's technology would advance fastest during times of war. Most consumer goods that we take for granted (including computers and the Internet) were originally conceived by military scientists with military purposes. The military is even taking an interest in robotics... we may end up with battle droids sooner or later !

A religion without the need of a god: I believe that there is somthing out there, but i wouldn't call it a God. It's simple a natural force that causes things to happen without decision or choice, but works more like a chemical reaction. The right conditions cause a certain outcome.

21. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i would like it very much if you could provide the evidense for all the missing links which are nessasary for evolution to be true as you see it.

the fossil record shows... new species apear... without having been evolved from earlier life forms...

now.. understand.. i believe in evolution... but my version is slightly more believeable...

also these are my drawings...

-MT

22. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

STARMAN... i am prepared to discuss the evidense in detail.. literally from all the sciences...

all you have to say is my drawings are shit...

it shows just how ignorant you must be... you say my church proposal is to complicated...

thats again shows your mental capacity...

you want to run a religion but you cant study a one page document????

do you see a problem?

generally i am on your side for most of your ambitions.. but your plan sucks..

i offer you a better one.. one you could adopt and open a branch yourself.

but you dont like it.. why???

because you didnt write it..

its about your ego isnt it?

-MT

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

You need to find that thing which we all share. That would be the starting point for any new religion.