New Star Trek Movie

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by JimmyJames, Jul 30, 2002.

1. JimmyJames Master Jedi Registered Senior Member

Anyone heard of it yet?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes,its called Nemesis. It looks very Matrixy and Mad Maxy

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Any new, non-spoiler links? I heard it has a car race in it with picard, and also that it will be the last star trek movie, at least with the next gen crew.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

It does have a car race in it. Sort of Mad Max style. Its supposed to appeal to all audiences now. BOOOOOO.
    The trailer is on a big screen at work, so I've seen it quite a lot. Don't know where they got it. I'll try to find out

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Arrr!! Didn't even know they had a trailer!

Voyager and Enterprise are supposed to appeal to everyone. Voyager could never compare to NextGen and I hear that Enterprise sucks. Is Riker directing, like he did with Insurrection? He did a pretty damn good job last time, not extraordinary, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he was the one in charge.

9. EvelinaAnville Registered Senior Member

I noticed that Tom Paris (I forget his real name) has been directing episodes of Enterprise. I think that Captain Archer isn't tough enough. If he predates Kirk, he should be a lot more, I don't know, masculine? Kirk was full of testosterone, but Archer just seems to let everyone ride all over him. The fault with Voyager and Enterprise, I think, lies mostly in the fact that they were/are so scared to explore character like they did in TNG. That was the real strength of that show, and the fact that they had damn good actors and were willing to follow a storyline through to its possibilities. Enterprise and Voyager just seem to peter out when it comes to characterization and stories...The creators of those shows just aren't as brave as Rodenberry was.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Voyager is ok, not great. Enterprise, WTF is that about.

11. Emfuser Registered Senior Member

I caught up with a copy of the script for nemesis and I wasn't impressed. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not even a big fan. I just clicked on a few links one day and there it was. :bugeye:

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The last Star Trek movie was kinda crap. Where the hell did that new race come from?
    I'm only seeing this as it is Star Trek.
    A Voyager or DS9 film would be cool

13. kmguru Staff Member

DS9 is more adult looking than Voyager...and hence could be better at the movies....