New World Order

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Asexperia, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

1 - Don't leave home.
    2 - More use of technology.
    3 - Population control.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Dogs to wear pants.
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No food name shall simultaneously contain the words 'nut' and 'butter'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Nihilism and Christianity must simultaneously destroy one another.

8. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

The last shall be first.
    Devil take the hindmost.
    The meek shall inherit what's left over.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  9. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

This year we won't have Summer vacation, Thanksgiving nor Christmas.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Lots of people never ever see that sort of luxury and they manage...so you miss two days stuffing yourself with food..no big deal.
    How long is Summer vacation?
    Alex

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

approximately 2 to 3 months

In the United States, summer break is approximately 2 to 3 months, with students typically finishing the school year between late-May and mid-June and starting the new year between late-August and early-September.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Su...
    Summer vacation - Wikipedia

Is that correct????

Heck just skip it and the economy will make up it's losses in no time...

How much time off work do you have each year?

Alex

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

around 10 days

The number of days varies from employer to employer, but on average, US workers receive around 10 days of paidholiday each year. In addition, this holiday time is often accrued, which means that US staff will need to be working in their job for 12 months before they're entitled to 10 days of holiday.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

https://www.footholdamerica.com › ...
    How many days of paid holiday is my US worker entitled to? - Foothold America

What is the difference? Are anual holidays in the Summer vacation additional ?.

Alex

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There shall come the day when a man will lose the thing that his aunt gave him that he didn't know what it was, which he thought he put down on the side table just a few days before, around teatime.

And the man will say "Whither fliest the aunt's thing?"

And the People will answer "We know it not. Have you looked under the bed?"

And the man shall look and be amazed.

Here endeth the lesson.

14. foghorn Valued Senior Member

The holly bears the crown... ...You shall be Queen dilly, dilly.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Dogs will lie down with cats. The fabric of the universe will have a large stain; perhaps ketchup. The Lord of the Castle shall lose his slipper, and the people shall wail; nay, rend their garments.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Dude, this whole spring will be one long summer vacation.

17. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

This "summer break" only applies to students attending K-12. I'd say it typically lasts 2 1/2 months, depending on the state. Generally, there is a minimum number of days to a "school year". *
    I'm not exactly sure why you think skipping this would have that large an impact on the economy. The majority of the workers this would effect would be the teachers (who are paid on a yearly contract and not hourly anyway)
    The actual number of hourly wage workers that do not work during the summer isn't that large. Custodians work through the Summer (they use the time to get the building ready for the next school year)**
    The average American worker gets that 10 days. If they have kids, they will likely use it during the Summer when the kids are out of school. So "Summer vacation" has two meanings. It can mean the break kids get from School between school years, or it can mean the couple of weeks workers get off (generally taken in the Summer).

* I've heard many parents complain that "kids are always out of school", refering to the days during the school year that school is out for various reason (teacher planning days etc.). The implication is that kids have fewer school days than they used to. This just isn't the case. The number of school days hasn't changed. Every one of those days is added on to the end of the year. It used to be that schools regularly let out for the summer early in June, now mid June is more typical. The same goes for "snow days". Typically, a certain number of days beyond the minimum are scheduled in order to account for closures due to inclement weather. However, if a particularly bad Winter causes enough of these events, they will start adding days onto the end of the school year.
    ** Some people seem to think that custodians, like teachers get the whole summer off. In fact, this is when they do some of their hardest work. I've also seen "letters to the Editor", complaining, when Schools close because of bad weather, about all those teachers, custodians etc, getting paid for not working. This is wrong in a couple of ways: Custodians are considered "essential personnel". They are expected to report to work even if the School is closed due to weather. They are also hourly wage employees. If they don't, or can't come in, they will either not get paid for that day or will have to use up one of their paid leave days.
    I'm sure this holds even now. With many states closing schools, I'm pretty sure that the custodians are still reporting to work.

Asexperia and Xelasnave.1947 like this.
  18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Because I had no understanding thinking it was across the whole community.
    Thank you for taking your time to explain things I do appreciate you doing so.
    Alex