Nickelback booed of stage

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by sargentlard, Jun 8, 2004.

1. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

oh, thank you very much!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

muhahahaha die you bourgeois vultures ! I hope you starve forever in oblivion where not the faintest memory of your very existence remains. I throw rocks at thee ! I stone thy propaganda " Remote viewing training "...hmmpfff ! I boo thee off the stage !

P.S. Make sure you try this guy too

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

This has me thinking of the scene in Life of Brian...

"Yes, two points, ah, two flats, and a packet of gravel..."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Hah, some of the ads are funny... "Atheist logo"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

"Atheis Logo"? You mean the invisible pink unicorn?

8. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Yes, the pink unicorn lol, pink unicorn, come and get me!

9. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

the good news is, I just heard on the radio that Nickelback is coming to a nearby town, and of course maybe I could gather some friends and we could go throw shit at 'em too...trouble is that concert security in the US is significantly higher than in Portugal ( Portugal's concert security may be too low judging by the video

) so if we went into the concert area we are not even allowed to bring loose change or even writing pens. We might throw our shoes at the band but I'm not quite sure that'll suffice, anyone got some ideas on some throwable objects that security won't take away from you at the entrance? Help is much appreciated

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Just don't crap for a few days before the concert. Then, crap into your hands and fling away. Of course, you'd have to have real dedication to sink so low.

11. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Is it an open air concert?

You could possibly stuff some stones into the tops of your socks (if you wear long pants), I doubt that the security will find them

Otherwise, stuff something hard into your crack.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Me and my little brother went down to a free concert at Seattle Center a couple years back. There was this chick there that was giving away condoms, so we had a pocket full. The band sucked really bad, so my little bro started chuckin rubbers at them. I didn't like the music, but I have to say that they were consumate musicians. He hit the guitar player right on the nose and she just kinda flinched back a little but kept playing, didn't even skip a beat.

13. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

Well, literally throwing shit at them would be in bad taste. However, I could stuff a compact slingshot into my shoes and bring hard candy to the concert ( or buy it there for that matter

). In the event that I can't use hard candy, then I could go for more precision and bring medicine pills. Dear god, all the choices

14. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Thanks, but third party popup blockers are completely useless to me.

15. Undecided Banned Banned

Good I hate that fucker...

16. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

17. Roman Banned Banned

Wow.
    Really, wow.
    That was incredible.

18. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I wonder if it could be considered plagiarism

19. StepOnMe Registered Senior Member

I agree, it is extremely disrespectful to boo someone off the stage but ... since we have rights we're allowed to do it and no one can say otherwise. Really, should we CARE about Nickelback's feelings? Not really, especially considering their income is far greater than mine. But apart from that - if people want to stoop that low, let them. You said it's rude and not "Rock like"?... Well, last time I checked Nickelback wasn't rock like either.

Yes, it's rude; yes, it's annoying... but what can you do?

20. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

They are talentless mass produced "rock" acceptable to be played on every radio station around the country and shoved down our throats. All while they collect a check that most real musicians could only dream of.

They are lucky I wasn't at the concert.
    I would have thrown knives.
    At their faces.

21. StepOnMe Registered Senior Member

Well, you have a right to hate them but to impose violence on them is another story - I mean violence like knives... to say throwing water bottles is a violent act is just downright rediculous. Especially if they are supposed to be "tough" like rock stars.
    Anyway, we can opt out of listening to that garbage... we shouldn't have anyone shove anything anywhere on us if we don't want them to. We don't have to boo them we just have to ignore it all. And if Nickelback has fans (which I didn't know existed) then just let them be happy.

One problem I DO have though is when opening acts don't match the genre of music that the audience is there to watch. Example, Justin Timberlake at the SARStock in Toronto last year. I mean, COME ON... the majority of those people were middle aged Stones fans and then this Pop ass comes out. Of COURSE he'd get booed. That was inevitable. But why do they do that at some concerts? It is quite annoying that it makes me want to leave before the band I want to see even goes up. Grr

22. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Heh, I know many people that went to that concert. I watched it on CBC. It was a benefit concert though, they had acts from many styles of mysic. They had the Flaming Lips with giant stuffed animals onstage! What the hell was all that about?

If I say Timberlake at Lollapalooza 2005 then I would boo him offstage but not throw rocks. It's disrespect. If I don't like someone, we may exchange a vew verbal insults but they would have to strike me first for me to strike them. So, the band might suck in the audience's eyes. It's better to boo them and heckle (sp?) them but not throw stuff at them.