Nickle sold for $3.7 million

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Orleander, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Possibly mistrikes or other errors or they found them offensive or politically incorrect... There are countless possibilities.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Google is your friend !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Hey, I have a penny that I've removed the face of Lincoln off of, so since there is only one of these pennies can I get a million for it as well? Why in the world would anyone pay so much for something that costs so little? Only to say they "own" it I guess. :shrug:

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

No - plus you are guilty of defacing government property.

Please turn yourself in to the proper authorities posthaste.

9. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

does anyone with $3.7 million to spend on a nickel need a better reason? it is a piece of history, and i assume holds it worth (providing all the coin collectors stay rich enough).

10. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: It is an interesting story. The liberty head nickle was supposed to end production in 1912, to be replaced by the BUFFALO HEAD NICKLE. Someone at the Philadelphia mint managed to strike some 1913 liberty head nickles.
    It`s a bit of a mystery. My guess is that it was done on purpose to create a numismatic rarity and enrich the mint worker . For more on this you can go to: http://coins.about.com/od/uscoins/fr/1913_nickels.htm . Someone wrote a book about it all. This is short article about it, NOT THE BOOK. ...TRAVELER

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

someone wrote a book about a nickel? I can't even imagine living with someone who would research and then write a book about a nickle.