No evidence of second Earth

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

And that would leave the planet to ... the sharks, killer whales, hawks and cheetahs - all of which are known for their conscientious husbandry of the prey animal population?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You missed out the cute and cuddly Meerkat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meerkat

What a delight they are to mimic

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

And this is known how?

And in my opinion if it is so he stuffed up Bigley

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

With up to 350 billion Suns in our galllaxy and many planets discovered it is reasonable to think planets are somewhat common place throught our gallaxy and presumably in all gallaxies...the billions of them... and certainly there have been observations of planets that may be Earthlike.

I dont think the good book says anywhere that Earth was the only planet created in fact the description fits the creation of just this planet at that time...maybe all the other planets were not created by God, maybe each planet gets its own God.
    Who knows so feel free to make up whatever fits your hopes and dreams.

The wonderful thing about the good book is you can make up anything you like and find a passage that supports your notion.

I did find that JC said one should not call anyone a fool but he calls folk fools...clear inconsistency.

I would guess there are trillions of planets and many of these may host life even more advanced than ourselves.

Certainly to dismiss such a proposition would be backing the wrong horse.

What I find annoying is folk try and find faults with scientific theories which are esssentially flaw less and then quote the good book as an authority and yet it is so full of flaws and mistakes I wonder how anyone can pick what is correct or not.

Now JC promised to return in the life time of those assembled and he did not do so and the clock has been ticking for 2000 years so you could say that promise remains unfulfilled...now where is the mistake? JC did not say that? Or did the writers inspired by God get it wrong...and why did God just let the mistake slip through?

There is one obvious answer a theist will always miss and they never can work out what the answer to all these questions could be...

Well for me I become rather sceptical that the good book can be relied upon and certainly as far as another Earth like planet being out there I think science will shortly find one and offer evidence in support but no doubt believers wont believe the science and continue lieing to themselves that the old good book should govern the observations of science.
    Their loss so let them wallow in their ignorance.
    God invented science so we can understand his works...why not say that you good book supporters.
    Alex

8. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Are you seriously implying that a book based on tales told by goat-herders around a camel dung campfire isn't scientifically accurate?