No, I am not interested in you because you are black

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Alien Cockroach, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Just last night, I spent a nice evening with a very charming fellow. Now, he made fairly intelligent conversation, and he was highly attractive. Voice of an angel. Built like a god. Hung like a pony. However, he said one thing that kind of bugged me, and I don't necessarily blame him for it. In retrospect, I find myself interested in understanding why he brought this up.

I do not understand why, but somehow the guy got it into his mind that I might be interested in him because he was a black guy. Although I started to take offense, then it kind of hit me that he has probably encountered this occasionally in his own experiences with white boys. Well, I know that some white people have this fetish, but I'm not one of them. I just liked his outfit; at the time, he was wearing a medium-brown, light-weight sport-coat with a light-isabelline shirt and a regimental-striped tie. It was a shame to see it come off, but that's why I started talking to the guy, not because of his skin color. He could have been lime green if he had been reasonably color-coordinated.

However, this begs the question, why do some people have a fascination with people from other ethnic groups? Personally, I think it's a little silly if taken to excess, but I do have to admit that I sometimes fall victim to the bug myself, though on otherwise unrelated premises. Because I have an interest in human psychology and sociology, it behooves me to try to examine this.

Trying my hand at social psychology, it might be seated in a paradoxical reaction to essentially xenophobic sentiments coupled with a deeply instilled knowledge that such sentiments are wrong. That is, a person's first reaction to a person of a different skin color or representing some other out-group is to experience feelings of agitation. However, then that person's social training kicks in, and he or she comes down with feelings of guilt over having these feelings of agitation. Therefore, to correct the resulting cognitive dissonance, that person tries to escape the feelings of guilt by justifying the sense of agitation by pretending that it represents sexual attraction. So you have some people who might otherwise be racist or xenophobic, but in practice it turns into an obsession. Therefore, you get people like Strom Thurmond for example, who ended up with an illegitimate mulatto daughter even though he was arguably the most racist politician in Southern history; to his credit, he put her through college and all.

Although this surely wouldn't explain all cases of such behavior even if it were valid, what are your thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Spidergoat, that stereotype is very contrafactual. Besides, I've got the same thing going on. I just don't have any use for it. That aspect of biology can be controlled through physical exercise, by the way. Seriously, what ARE your thoughts on the op?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Personally, I find all men strange enough. They don’t necessarily have to be foreigners. I was unaware that (racialicious) was considered a fetish.

Since you were attracted to his attire maybe, your fetish was “plastic”…

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The definition proposed for “spiritual love” seems to be more about someone’s type. Even if there is a specific type of person that you are attracted to, for example (Doctors), there are still ugly and stupid ones, which I’m sure you’d want to avoid. Same with all races. Nevertheless, hung like a pony is always good...

:wtf:

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Could be that. Or it could be that whites who are used to interacting with other whites just find black people attractive because their color is different therefore striking to the senses.

9. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Well, that is a simpler explanation. The explanation with fewer interdependent parts does tend to be less prone to being faulty, and yours does make logical sense.

10. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

"Last night I went out with this beautiful girl, great personality, tight pussy...."

Yeah, I guess even straight people sound like idiots when they write things like that on a forum..

Hey, AC if youre fantasizing about him when you play with your self, is that "Race-bating"?

11. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Perhaps, but I take pleasure in antagonizing people like yourself, which is a primary motivation for many of us homos wearing our sexuality on our sleeves. Most respectable people are only slightly annoyed by it, but it gets people like yourself amusingly enraged. In fact, there are some straight people who get a kick out of laughing at you when a gay man comes along and tweaks your nose. Queers may be weird and sometimes obnoxious, but religious asshats are annoying jerks to everybody other than other religious asshats, including other religious people who don't go around being holier-than-thou assholes.

Dude, do you even realize how much it pisses off other religious people when you punks act like showing respect toward others somehow makes someone less religious? It makes them want to strangle your neck because you are making it look like religion makes people turn into assholes. I figure I'm doing the world a service by getting in your damned hair, and I figure I'm doing other religious people a service by pointing out that you're a fucking hypocrite.

12. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

This guy implied something to that effect, though, and apparently he gets it a lot.

Nah, I just think that being able to dress kind of snappy is an aspect of intellectual attractiveness. Guy's really aren't all that attractive unto themselves, but their behavior and what they have to say can affect whether or not you are drawn to one.

Indeed. Usually, I go for people who are a little older than myself, but that's mostly because they tend to enjoy long intellectual conversations. The guy that I am presently steady with is actually a history professor, and the advantage of it is that we can pour a couple of drinks and spend hours butting heads with each other on everything from the recent history of the Middle East to the Reconstruction Era in the US. He's also one of the few people I've ever known who understands that, "you are full of shit," behooves the response, "now look, you god damn son of a bitch, I studied this shit professionally for fucking years, and I can give you citations if you want to be a dick about it." You see, to me, that's the highest possible form of entertainment. It's hard to find people my own age who can go on like that; they're just intellectually lacking in stamina.

Hehehe.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I get along fine with all types of ethnic peoples. I do not know of anyone that is having an affair or dating anyone out of their respective ethnic groups but have met, at a sushi bar, a few married couples that were from different ethnic groups. Just a brief encounter , not enough to really get to know them. They seemed that the color of their skin had nothing to do with their lives and just took each other as they are and I guess loved them enough to marry them. Never during the conversation did ethnic differences ever arise or anything to do with ethnicity at all. They seemed like happy, well adjusted couples that were perfectly fine being who they were and treated each other well. Just like their was no color difference between them at all.

14. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Those are my sediments exactly. Foreplay is good but…
    Oh, Hell No!… :mufc:

If you are going to try your hand at social psychology, forget about fetishes. You need to focus on this. You’re really fucked up. :crazy:
    JK...

15. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

Sounds like you're saying that he often encounters "chocolate queens". And I know there's "rice queens" because I worked with one. I think there's about a dozen queens in all. This kind of strong specificity seems mostly a gay thing.

There are some straight guys who are gaga over blonde, brunette, redhead, chunky, skinny or top-heavy women. The brother of a former roommate exclusively dated non-American women and married one because, and I tend to agree with him, most American women are spoiled.

Well, I'll quit here for now because that'll get me a ration of grief ... and I'm not even married.

16. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Heh, well, it kind of goes with the rest of my personality. My physical affection is biased toward slapping people gregariously and punching them in the arm antagonistically, and I like the same stuff back. Of course, I know better than to try any of that on someone I'm not well acquainted with.

Oh, you're just joshing me. Hehehehehe, okay, it makes sense now.

17. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Trust me. It is NOT just a gay or male thing.

http://www.racialicious.com/2009/05/22/the-flip-side-of-a-fetish/

http://www.racialicious.com/2007/07/27/race-preference-or-race-fetish/

18. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Actually, I have to give you that. Most of the mixed-ethnic COUPLES I have known have been pretty much typical couples. Like, some people never learn about the idea that a person who has a different skin color is somehow essentially different. It's not that they're somehow especially liberal/egalitarian; they're just genuinely ignorant of the idea that they should give a shit, and that's fine with me. On the other hand, it's very rare for me to see some black guy in a damn Snoop Dogg shirt hanging out with a girl dressed in ultra-conservative "fuck-the-minorities" attire. Usually, their mode of dress is culturally neutral, and the black guy I swear has a Kenyan accent at least half the time.

On the other hand, people who are looking for one-night stands DO tend to go gaga over certain traits/fetishes. Like, sometimes guys ask me, "are you hairy?" and I'm like "Huh?" for half a second before I politely say, "Oh, I am sorry, my friend. I am afraid not." So I think that casual sex is really a lot different in nature from romantic affairs.

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

That actually makes some sense. I grew up in a heavily ethnic area with fewer white people and I much prefer white people. That said I like Indians and we had quite a few of those.

20. jmpet Valued Senior Member

So he showed you his cock and he was pissed off when you didn't want to have sex with him?

21. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

All sorts of people treating others as objects without wanting a long-term relationship ... so, it's mostly self-gratification.

22. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

lol, straight religious people are laughing at me?...Oh nos!

AC,we get that youre obsessed with race, sex and gender the next step is to admit it.
    Or at the very least you could write about it with little flair. My dating thread money is much better spent with Tiassa.

23. NetJaded Registered Member

Sort of related...

A few years ago I gained a lot of weight after a car accident. I was fat, not chubby, not thick, but quite fat.

I can remember a few men hitting on me and saying things like, "I love big women," etc and I felt awkward/gross; I had gone from being a woman to a fetish. I would weed people out by saying, "I'm a work in progress, if you're hanging around because of this fat ass, you may want to go hang out in front of a Lane Bryant."