Noah's Ark

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Mickmeister, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Hey Chi missed you buddy. You know you are one of my favorites. I forget what this thread was about? Something tell Me you might be off topic.
    Noah's Ark maybe . I had an uncle Noah . He is Not with us any more.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

read it please

so start a thread to discuss the meaning of that word..
    as it stands now the majority of opinion is that it is an insult, to use that word in an environment where it is considered an insult is rude.it would be like any of us showing up at your church (the word church loosely used) wearing a cross.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

You present a good opportunity so I will contribute.

I agree with this.

About Christians they associate partners to true God and about Jews well I heard there's anthropomorphism in their scripture.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

^^lol hello, he has a nice name.

Salam

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Wearing a cross is not good. I shall read it.

Salam

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

As alam Alaikum Akhi, Shokran Mashallah ^^

Are you refering to the Torah "we created them in our image?" Or some other form because I am wellversed in the Torah scriptures and Dead Sea Scrolls. We know now from the Qur'an that allother scriptureis to be read for wisdomand philosophicalreasoning and history of the tribes etc. But to not take it as "Gospel" So The Old Canons are tainted in many way's but they still tellof the true god and his ways from his messengers een if it has been altered.

Salam

10. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

EFC,

Walaykum As-salam. ^^

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

May the most high bless you,

بارك الله فيكم

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This would be funny if it were deliberately comic, like in the Onion.

Do all Muslims have special words they use to warn each other when they are in the presence of the Unclean, or is it just the nice, polite ones on this forum?

All the Abrahamic religions have anthropomorphism in their scriptures. The God of Abraham comes with that territory.

13. markl323 Registered Senior Member

another question is who mated with Noah? if his family was the only people who survived i guess we'r all decesdants of one sick incestous family? doesn't the bible prohibit this kind of thing?

continuity error?

14. markl323 Registered Senior Member

i guess Noah forgot to save the Dinosaurs?

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no, incest in teh Bible is ok (Adam/Eve, Lot/his daughters, Noah/his intermingled family)

16. GASHOLE Registered Senior Member

Why did you spent valuable time for this religious bullshit

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Its not ok, but its not condemnable. Adams sons probably laid with neanderthals.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and where in teh bible does it say neandertals were created? Or are they the ones that were created in god's image?
    And if something isn't condemned, doesn't that make it ok?

19. markl323 Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible

"Incest in the Bible does not entirely overlap with the definition of incest in many modern nations. A few books of the Bible, particularly the early parts of the Torah, contain narratives in which certain individuals, from the same family as one another, engage in sexual intercourse together; while this could be construed as incest, endogamy is an alternative interpretation. The Bible does not, for example, forbid cousins from marrying, but it does prohibit sexual relations with several other close relatives."

so we are prohibited from having incestuous relationships but it was OK for our "ancestors" to do so? doesn't make a lot of sense to me :shrug:

20. wellwisher Banned Banned

In the story of Cain and Abel, Cain kills Abel and is sent away by God. Cain is worried and says whoever shall come upon me shall kill me. So god give him a symbol (bling) for protection.

If there were only Adam, Eve and Cain, as the first humans, with Adam and Eve not sending Cain away, who were these whomevers Cain was worried about. It was the prehumans, who were counted as the animals. They lacked the brain power that allowed free will, so they did not yet have the image of God.

I would guess that Cain wander and mated with some of the prehuman females to create half breeds. His bling, given by God, would protect him by by giving him a prestige symbol for natural selection.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong.

Unsupported supposition.

22. arauca Banned Banned

In chapter one of genesis it say God created man and woman.
    Chapter is the creation of a spiritual man Adam

23. arauca Banned Banned

Sense he is wrong you must be wright , so what is your version ?