Non - linear time beginning from 2001 in Quito, Ecuador?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Dennis Tate, Apr 14, 2021.

?

If the Creator is ultimately a Scientist would the Creator tend to be Universalist?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. That is a rather intriguing idea I have to admit?????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No it doesn't. Pretending that global warming is slowing down, by citing false causalities, is like sticking your head in the sand.
    These are the people who establish the official scientific record. They have the budget and the opportunity to make large scale measurements over long periods of time, ok?

Climate Change: Global Temperature

Author: Rebecca Lindsey and LuAnn Dahlman
    March 15, 2021
    History of global surface temperature since 1880

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Explore this interactive graph: Click and drag to display different parts of the graph. To squeeze or stretch the graph in either direction, hold your Shift key down, then click and drag. The graph shows average annual global temperatures since 1880 (source data) compared to the long-term average (1901-2000). The zero line represents the long-term average temperature for the whole planet; blue and red bars show the difference above or below average for each year. (Goto site to engage the variable graph)

Conditions in 2020
    https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

All that I know is that the theory looked good to me........

... but it leads to some very serious cognitive dissonance.......

it leads to the conclusion that President Bush and P. M. Stephen Harper by essentially ignoring climate change........

and continuing to allow lots of ash and soot and dust to be put out from industry in North America........

may have kept the Global Dimming Effect going strong.......

... which in theory might tend to slow down a general Global Warming trend????????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, I think the opposite is true.
    Global warming is not from the sun striking the surface at day, its from heat being trapped and prevented from escaping from the surface at night when the sun is gone.

Causes | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet
    https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/#

So, the more particulate matter in the air, the denser the cover preventing warm air from escaping.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

To some degree would you basically agree with the idea that a significant percentage of atmospheric heat goes into the atmosphere from the world's deserts?

I ask this due to the sand on much of the Sahara Desert being well over a hundred degrees from two pm to four pm every afternoon but........

.. that same sand is rather cool or even cold by the next morning.

I assume that those details indicate that the heat from the surface of the world's desert goes into the atmosphere making the world's deserts somewhat like a furnace....... for the atmosphere?

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Right, the heat radiates back into the atmosphere but due to the "greenhouse" effect it cannot radiate out to space and remains trapped in the atmosphere where it heats that particulate matter.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  9. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you for that.......

... I asked the question due to a theory put forward by a New Mexico biologist who got me thinking in a new way about stabilization of the climate back around 2005.

I quoted Mr. Carl Cantrell in my 2008 campaign for Municipal Councilor which led to my giving an apology to Green Party Leader Ms. Elizabeth May that year........ and I also ended up voting for her in that election, (because she campaigned in my area, Central Nova , N. S., Canada in 2008).

www.BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

"Ignorance shown in my 2008 campaign, my apology to Ms. Elizabeth May!"

What I specifically apologized to Ms. May for was my total ignorance of the fact that atmospheric CO2 seems to be causing the world's oceans to become significantly more acidic.

If I had known about that fact I would have worded my 2008 campaign writing very differently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_acidification

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

CO2 appears to have an impact on ocean acidification which itself is devastating to marine life. And I'm sure that it also has an effect on ocean temperature, which in turn also contributes to Global warming.

Ocean acidification
    https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/ocean-coasts/ocean-acidification

It is clear that warmer ocean waters contribute to strength of hurricanes and that is evident by the increase in numbers and damage from hurricanes in the recent past.

Fuel for the Storm | Ocean Today
    https://oceantoday.noaa.gov/fuelforthestorm/#

CO2 poses a terrible danger in so many ways. To view it's harmful impact piecemeal does not present the full picture of what we are dealing with.

The more we learn about CO2, the more we can appreciate the role our worlds forests play in converting CO2 into Oxygen, which has so many beneficial properties to animal life on earth.

Our wanton disregard for maintaining balance in Natural environmental powers which we are so casually ignoring is shameful and criminal, not only to our own species, but also to all other mammals which are totally dependent on our behavior and actions in respect to the natural balance.

The term is "criminal negligence", and if it is practiced locally, it is subject to criminal prosecution. I find it inexcusable that there are no penalties for Global "criminal negligence".

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I find this film and this alternative theory on stabilization of the climate truly encouraging.

KISS THE GROUND WORLD PREMIERE: LIVE WATCH PARTY
    •Streamed live on Sep 22, 2020

This is a logical way to take huge quantities of carbon out of the atmosphere and store it in the soil and the results can be healthier animals, people and planet.

GFE 2016 - Ray Archuletta "It Starts With the Soil"

•Aug 18, 2016

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There is one primary CO2 scrubbing industrial crop with hundreds of commercial properties and that is HEMP.

1 acre of Hemp scrubs and sequesters as much CO2 as 20 acres of trees .

The advantages of growing Hemp is almost completely unknown in the US.

candy and Dennis Tate like this.
  13. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Very interesting indeed!

An online friend of mine named Sigmund Ivarsson had a plan to drill a nine meter wide tunnel near Tel Aviv that would go down and down and down over one thousand feet to somewhere in the Jordan River Valley.

He felt that it should be shaped like an upside down menorah with seven branches going into the Jordan Valley and that there should be at least seven hydro electric generation plants along the tunnel.

Once the salt water would come out the other end it could be desalinated and hemp could certainly be a major crop that could be grown in that area with all the extra desalinated sea water.

All that has to be done with a very basic idea like this is postulate this idea being put forward in the past...... and voila...... "art" can be used to address a number of modern world problems.

14. river

Time is based on , what form of movement , heat or cold ?

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Neither. It is based on the duration of existence or change of anything, including heat and cold.

The heatwave lasted 3 days. The cold spell lasted 3 weeks. The temperature drop from hot to cold occurred in just a few hours.

Measurement of duration!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021