Non-Sense of Macro Evolutionary Faith

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Sep 26, 2020.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Intelligent Design is simply the use of intelligence to modify or otherwise direct, purely random or natural occurring processes in order to create a desired or designed outcome that would not happen otherwise.

It uses Scientific understanding and principles to pull off, no matter Who is making these modifications.

The “Who” (not the amazing rock group) that applies the Intelligence to the creature being modified is irrelevant. Whether man, alien, angel, or God!

Intelligent Design is a verifiable Scientific Theory and has been proven over and over again. Again, thoroughly evidenced in breeding practices over thousands of years. It is merely a form of accelerated directed selection by an acting intelligent agent.

Why persecute people who acknowledge the truth of this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why do you people always lie about being persecuted?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, you're not sure God exists?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It is no more a "Scientific Theory" than an internal combustion engine is a "Scientific Theory".

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

No. An intelligent design is the use of intelligence to do a good job of designing something. Intelligent Design is a belief that natural means are incapable of directing evolution, so a supernatural force is required to (for example) allow evolution of mankind.

You are trying to conflate your religious belief with science in order to make it seem more valid.

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Christians aren't happy unless they think they are being persecuted. Christians in general are not only happy to be victims - they actively work to put themselves in that role for a great number of reasons.

(Q) likes this.
  10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Richard Sternberg was persecuted.

11. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

OK, I concede your point...

Intelligent Design is not really a Theory.

I agree!

It is actually not theoretical at all.

It is accepted, as Scientific Fact, literally by billions of people.

Thanks for the help!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Oh please. How was he persecuted? People said mean things about him when he "peer reviewed" a friend's paper by himself and published it? He couldn't volunteer any more at the Smithsonian? Boo hoo.

Giordano Bruno was persecuted by the Catholic Church; he was executed for his crimes of questioning the Bible and his heretical claims that the universe had no center, and that it contained a near-infinite number of stars which in turn had their own planets orbiting them.

Galileo Galilei was persecuted by the Catholic Church for believing the Earth revolved around the Sun. His sentence was imprisonment for life. The Church was "kind enough" to commute that to lifetime house arrest.

They were persecuted. Sternberg was a petulant child who tried to get a friend's paper published by "peer reviewing" it himself, and had a tantrum when his unethical behavior was discovered. He was not imprisoned. He was not charged. He didn't even lose his job. If that's persecution, then I have been persecuted as much as he has, with you attacking my positions incessantly.

Hipparchia likes this.
  13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It looks like we found yet another word in which it's meaning completely eludes you.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thanks, but no thanks for providing yet another example of how Creationists habitually lie.

15. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I am very sure that God exists!!!

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're very sure you "Believe" God exists. Being sure something exists requires some proof.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Which one?

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I rest my case!

My Claim is...
    Since you are perfect, Macro-Evolution is Impossible.

1) Macro-Evolution does not produce perfection.
    2) Only God can produce perfection.

My Claim is validated by your perfection!

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Flattery is my one weakness.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Case dismissed, insufficient evidence.

21. river

I myself prefer a Being Rather than a god . This Universe and the Life it enables is far from Perfect .

The Real interesting understanding is that without Plants , how do other life forms exist . Continuously . IN Sea and ON Land .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Please explain a bit more, if you don’t mind.

23. river

Sure .

If plants were completely eliminated . How would any Life form continue existing .