Nothing really matters..

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Enmos, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Ha, haha. Yeah. He's pretty wrong. Subjective mental concepts and his royal asskicking are nothing. He is entirely reversed: Mental concepts are objective in that their reality is OBJECTIVE; there exists in mental concepts an objectivity common to all people. You cannot dismiss the fact that objective concepts are not objective. I do not see how this is possible. Just as objective modes of existence.

In my opinion they are objective.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Also, your use of the word part in the above is describing an objective existence in which objective is common. Common denoting the fact that everyone can be seperated or dead to another individual.

There exists in my opinion no common ground to dismiss any of that... Except to say that he is royally wrong.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Myles Registered Senior Member

I can see my problem now. Unlike you, I do not know what it's like to be a rock. I believe a rock is an object but my understanding of it is a pure mental construct which, of necessity, is subjective,

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

Thanks, dude.
    I welcome your cricism!!!

Thankfully I am beginning to understand, what a rock is like.
    Perhaps in my stupidity I will find the source of my own ego.

8. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

I am interested in how acts and philosophies mix. If one's actions indicate that you believe something other than the content you are asserting I like to point it out. I do feel some people are cagey. They know the right answer to remain consistant. If we were in person I could pursue that and really see.

I am not being coy here. I couldn't tell. I think some other people just identify with their thoughts, see the trap, and live the contradictions somewhere else, out of my sight, which is easy to do on the internet.

I can only hope that writing from my curiousity will lead to something interesting. Let me take a read on how you interact with others here and see what I find.

Oh, you can pick up that gauntlet, you selfish man. If it happens it happens.

9. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

I don't think most people who share some of your ideas would be willing to go so far in consistancy. In an odd way I am satisfied.

I hope you can see what I was pressing you to make a choice around and how that choice is important.

Thanks for following along and for the semi self deprecating irony. Or something
    deprecating anyway.

10. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

What if we are looking in and not out?