Novel methods for propelling a rocket

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Rocket Paul, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Rocket Paul Registered Member

Okay the broken down rocket is platform 1 the moving rocket is platform 2 put the working rocket inside the broken down rocket but the tail pipe outside then you can move the broken down rocket there is action applied to the broken rocket and reaction to the working rocket, there is reaction to the entire thing as I just said but no reaction to the broken down rocket only the working rocket gets reaction.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rocket Paul Registered Member

As I thought another clever dodge....... does a smaller rocket inside the larger rocket not move both rockets the smaller rocket that is working receives both action and reaction but the broken down rocket only gets action.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong again.

And wrong again. There MUST be a reaction on the ENTIRE thing.

I have no idea what you mean by "the broken down rocket only gets action" but obviously you have no clue as to the physics.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

So you are committing what is referred to a the pendulum rocket fallacy. Fair enough. At least you now know the name for your error.
    The magnet system you have to make it "free moving" is no more free moving (and probably far less so) than a standard gimballed engine.

You continue to ignore everything people try to explain to you.
    Tell you what, go away and do the maths.
    Come back with numbers, or even simple equations, to show why you think it works, and how it is superior to what currently exists.

If all you're going to do is repeatedly bleat on about how they are separate platforms as if that somehow answers anything, then you're basically wasting everyone's time here. Not to mention your own.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your inability to understand his points does not mean he is dodging anything. You are starting to sound like a troll....
    Yes.
    That language is too sloppy to convey a clear meaning.
    It is like this:
    The rocket engine has a thrust or force which is transferred to the small rocket, the small rocket transfers that force to the larger rocket whether it is through magnets or solid attachment. They both move as on unit.

It is analogous to a car pulling a trailer. The thrust from the car wheels is transferred to the car and the thrust is transferred through the trailer hitch to the trailer. Calling the trailer and the car 2 different platforms is not useful, the car trailer combination is better treated as a unit

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Rocket Paul, I'm sorry but the only person dodging here is you. It is apparent that you don't have the requisite fundamental grasp of basic physics to understand rocketry.

Please, for the love of yourself, listen to these people trying to explain this to you - it will save you no end of embarrassment and wasted time.

As for myself... I can't really bear to watch this anymore. This is a circular discussion at this point, and the physics has been sufficiently explained multiple times.

DaveC426913 and origin like this.
  10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I say, you don't think this is Motor Daddy reincarnated, do you? Remember the "motor boat" thread?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Great googly moogly, banish the thought....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Well, they both have a means of propulsion at the start of the name....
    Isn't it coincidental that coincidences like that coincide when they do?

13. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This calls to mind Blofeld's dictum from the James Bond books: "Once is chance. Twice is coincidence. The third time, it is enemy action."

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

... the posting style is vaguely similar...

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? No. You can go as slow as you like. You can even hover. It doesn't "topple over." (See link below for a rocket hovering when "all the propelling force is at the back.")

Or much understanding of rocketry. You have to go 17,500 miles an hour to get to orbit (not to "escape Earth's gravity") no matter what you do. There are no tricks to get around that.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

RocketPaul; explaining the physics involved has gotten pretty much nowhere. Frankly, I'm not even sure any longer if you're looking for thrust, or merely stability.

It might help get your thoughts in order if you if you drew a diagram of your idea and posted it here.
    We can then show you, right on the diagram, how the forces are applied, and what your rocket does.

exchemist likes this.