Now is Not the Time for Profits!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

That I will a agree with, how does a executive deserve a bonus when the company loses money, any bonus should be awarded by the share holders, not the Boards.

But as you sat the demonization of profit is not called for, because it is profit that will get us out of the Recession/Depression.

Profit pays for expansion, and hiring, profit brings in new investors with more money for more expansion, and a larger work force.

What don't the Liberals and Democrats understand about that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

profit is evil when your rank and file employees have to choose between the heating bill and food for the family. Not saying that is what happening but lets be honest if a company is raking in huge profits and the rank and file are having trouble making ends meet that can hardly be called a good thing. and there are companies whose rank and file or at least a percentage of have to make choices between essentials.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Profits are what pay the rank and file their wages, grasshopper.

No profit, no wages, no jobs.

Economy 101.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Obama has cited the important roll business plays in our society. I believe this comments were taken out of context and deliberately misintrepreted by Republicans for political gain.

I believe he was trying to make the point that we should all be working to get ourselves out of this mess.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then why have they cut the Republicans out of the decision making?

Pelosi, has changed the rule in the House so that Republicans can't offer any opposing bills or amendments to any legislation presented to the floor for a vote.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/07/house-faces-early-partisan-fight-over-rules/

House rule changes squander good will
    Bipartesin package angers GOP
    David R. Sands (Contact)
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So much for Bipartisan Spirit by the Democrats.

9. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

The refiners don't want refineries built. They have their own cartel which would be illegal under anti-trust laws if we still investigated antitrust fraud and prosecuted it. The environmentalists and NIMBYism are just convenient cover for the refiners. Environmentalists are bugs that can be squashed and gotten around if the refiners wanted to. Worse case scenario for the refiners would be that they make a few compromises with the environmentalists. But the refiners make more money if new refineries are not built.

http://news.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20090109/09jan20091339.html
    http://www.questionsquestions.net/docs04/refinery.html

10. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

It was a unconscious Ponzi scheme. Fannie and Freddie and the fully private sector that bought mortgage backed securities failed to understand how inflated the housing bubble was.

The Democrats did not force Fannie or Freddie and especially the private sector to buy or insure this junk. The Republicans did not discourage Fannie and Freddie to slow down.

Limbaugh and Kudlow don't know or don't care when they do or do not speak the truth. They simply support their side.

11. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

If corporations have profits they may hire or they may just buy other companies. If you cut a rich man's taxes he may hire or he may drive up asset prices.

Why don't Republicans understand that if they pay their employees more they will spend more and consumer spending is were profits come from? The statement "paying their employees more they will spend more and consumer spending is were profits come from" is not accurate but it is the counterpart of the often stated idea "that profits leads to hiring" and it is as accurate as that statement.

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Shortest answer ever!.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well, nirakar, raise taxes on a Rich man and he moves his assets to tax protected shelters, or his business off shore to low tax areas, just look at the condition of our heavy industry.

What is left of our heavy industries? the Auto Industry, (in major trouble ) and a Fraction of our Steel Industry, Commercial Ship Building has moved over seas.

We have the highest corporate taxes in the world and our business are leaving our shores like a herd in a stampede.

No profits, no jobs, no industry, with out profits everything stops, except recession and depression.

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Personal bonuses (specially undeserved and taxpayer paid) don't equal company profits.

Now you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
  15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No you moron, we are not talking about bonus's, we are talking about profits, there is a world of differences between the two.

And from Obamas statememt, he don't know the difference either.

No profits, no Money to pay Saleries, no Money to run the Company, no Money to run the company, no Company, no Company no Job, no Money, no company, no job, = depression and recession.

Economics 101.

I think the bonus situations suck big time, and that it should be the Stock Holders who decide any bonus, not the coporate boards.

But Profits are something totally different from Bonus, Moron.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You are an idiot. You simply REPEATING what I said, then pretending to disagree with me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Obama was bitching (rightfully so) about undeserved BONUSES, not company profits....

Also, if you gonna whine about everything what Obama does, it is going to be a very long 8 years for you, sucker!

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And the rest of the statement idiot, was:

18. desi Valued Senior Member

Maybe the margin of profit needs to go down a bit. Especially for things like food and fuel. I know the Esson executives deserve their coke and hooker parties but lets keep a thought in mind for the single mothers who have to buy gas to go to work at their minimum wage plus crummy tip jobs.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Bookkeeping skills right up there with the rest of them, apparently.

20. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Just to piss off Republicans (after all it is out turn now) I don't care if Obama starts WW3 or eats babyseals for breakfast, he can do NO wrong!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I think you have taken his words out of context buffalo.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Buffalo has some reading comprehension problems. Does anyone think that Obama doesn't want corporations to make profits? The whole bail-out plan is designed to start making companies profitable again...

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

wrong. income pays employees wages not profit. wages are an expense. profit equals income minus expenses.

you failed economy 101 go directly to remedial economics. do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars.