Now is Not the Time for Profits!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I think that was pretty obvious. how could anyone with any common sense to think that???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Try and pay wages with out profit? income is profit, and again try and run a company with out profit, and you end up like American Motor Corporation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are called "non-for-profit" companies, there are many of them, like Goodwill. They can pay their employees and CEO, but they don't make a profit. Profit is what's left after paying all your expenses.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

This is a direct quote, Obamas own words,

"There will be time for them to make profits, and there will be time for them to get bonuses," Obama said. "Now is not that time."

No, now is exactly the time for profits, the reason that Wall Street is crashing, and everybody is losing money is because there are no profits and that is leading giving us the recession and will eventually lead to a depression.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

They don't pay taxes either.

9. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yes but you took what was actually mentioned into something that it is not.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really, and you have comprehension, and word deffinition problems.

Words have meaning, and the meaning of the quote is clear.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He is linking the idea of profits and bonuses. If they aren't making a profit (even asking for government hand-outs), then they shouldn't be paying bonuses. When the profits return, and they pay off their debts, then they can give away bonuses without controversy.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Translation: If there is any possible connotation of a sentence that makes Democrats look bad, you will find it and beat it into the ground regardless of how stupid it makes you look.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

pjdude, I guided my son through his finances, and by the time he was 25, he had $250,000 in the bank, where are you? Huh?

He has already purchased his first home, were are you at?

I never had a job that paid 30k a year, yet I have over a 1/2 mill in the bank, and still on my way to a full mill, and where are you at?

Still with your feet under mamas table complaining because you don't have a job, a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.

Yes tell me about your economic acumen and genius.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Spin all you want, his statement was no where near to what you wish to spin it to.

Obamas own words and follow the puncuation if you can:

"There will be time for them to make profits,

and there will be time for them to get bonuses, " Obama said.

"Now is not that time."

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Right, because of the Recession that is leading to little or no profits...

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

reported for flaming. and it doesn't require economic acumen to know what the basic terms mean.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I don't think buffalo understands the concept of filling in the blanks himself. It kinda of obvious to me at least that the true meaning of what was said requires inference.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, now provide that reference, and show us exactly what Obama meant, not what you wish to spin it into, grasshopper.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

For you that is obvious, you don't have the basic terms down so you don't have the acumen.

You don't even have a basic investment program, and I doubt that you will.

You will just continue to blame everything else for your failures, as you have done all your life.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Your not going to get a rise out of me. I'm not going to react to you insulting my knowledge in areas when your own is so clearly lacking.

And I will ask you again please quit making baseless assumuntions on my life based on your biases.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Your playing the chicken or the egg game, but the cure for the recession is business profits, and those come from allowing business to operate freely.

For all the money thrown at the Recession so far what has been accomplished?

For all the strings attached to the money what has change about our slide into recession, on our way to a depression?

For all the money thrown at the recession where has it gone?

Everything done so far has restricted the ability of business to operate in it's own economic best interest, corporations that should have been let to fail, and now are on government life support, are still sucking the life out of the market, and depressing the economy.

Profits are what pays for jobs, expansions, dividends to investors, yes investors, ....people on retirement, people building retirement, banks who make money from investments to have more money to lend out to make more money to pay investors and lend out so others can build business's and build lives and retirements, and make life better for their children.

Yes, people who have 401k's Kehos, Roth, and just plain pass book savings accounts, just where do you think that money comes from?

PROFITS, and it should always be a time to make PROFITS.

So now lets look at the context of Wall Street:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/01/30/network-news-embraces-obamas-wall-street-bashing

I have now found Obams full statement, and in Context:

OBAMA: At a time when most of these institutions were teetering on collapse and they are asking for taxpayers to help sustain them, and when taxpayers find themselves in the difficult position that if they don't provide help that the entire system could come down on top of our heads, that is the height of irresponsibility. It is shameful. There will be time for them to make profits, and there will be time for them to get bonuses. Now is not that time.

At a time when institutions are tettering on collapse, profits are what will keep them from collapsing.

And if they can't make a profit they should be allowed to fail, and remove the drain on the economy.

If they don't make any profit now, it doesn't matter how much money the government throws at the problem, it will not do any good for the economy or the Tax Payer.

Now just exactly how much attention has the Government paid to the Vaunted Tax Payer? How much attention did Bush, and now Obama pay to the wishes of the Tax Payer? None, Bush and Obama were worried about the Tax Payer and our wishes, the Bail Out Money from the first bail out would not have been spent.

The tax payer was not in favor of the First Bail Out, and they are not in Favor of any more Bail Outs.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...upport_for_economic_recovery_plan_slips_to_42

Hell even the French are smart enough to see that Government bail outs aren't the answer.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,582072,00.html

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, someone who is still living with his feet under Mama's tale, and sleeping in a bed and room provided for by Mama, is lecturing me, on knowledge of economics, and business, :roflmao:

If your knowledge is so great, why are you still living at home? why don't your have a real job, if you have a job at all, and supporting your Mother instead of her supporting you?

You claim to be going back to school, yet, I see you on the forum at all hours of the day and night.

You are a Hour ahead of me in time zones, so on what should be school nights I have seen you on the forum a 2:00 o'clock my time and later.

One other question?, from all I know, the start of schools, and colleges, for January were right after the New Year, and by the 15th, the Colleges were back in session, so I have questions about your statement and commitment to going to school as you have claimed?

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Please keep running your mouth off buffalo show us all your true colors. A man willing judge that which he has zero knowledge or understanding of.
    well when you can't even get the shit that you learn in econ 101 right pretty much anyone who has some college experience has the right to lecture you on it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009