NSA data mining of phone records

Discussion in 'World Events' started by milkweed, Jun 7, 2013.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Define deviancy in context to phone tapping. What are we on the lookout for?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Did we? En masse, as they're doing it now?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Another reason why US tapping the President of Brazil's phone was a bad idea. Not only was visit to DC cancled, but more than 5 billion in sales was lost (with more in follow-up support deals):
    Armed for air to air:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

For air to ground:

18 December 2013, Saab Press Release:

As I know a little how the US's Aegis Ship Radars work to send narrow beam with no physical motion, I think this is also a set of horizontally motionless electronic elements with dynamic phase to rapidly scan right / left but with slower vertical physical tilting for the vertical scan. I.e. It "paints" an angle (and range) picture much like your TV does - rapid horizontal scans repeated while the "lines" stack one above the other as radar physically tilts vertically. (But I could be wrong.)

This is another example of the huge economic return of educating all your population well and at tax payer's cost. It is hard to believe the range of High Tech products this tiny nation with no oil etc. sells to the world! Keeping its debt to GDP ratio about half that of the US, and with great social equality (Top or 2nd best GINI vs. the US with the worst of ALL modern developed nations!)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The lack of legitimate benefits from this NSA blanket surveillance has been illustrated recently - when Target use credit card info was revealed to have been stolen, which theft among other possibilities provided the thieves with means of anonymously financing terrorist activity, we were also told that there is little chance of identifying and prosecuting the guilty parties.

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

NSA = Not Save Anymore