Nuclear Response to 9/11?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Yes, that would have been a great move. That would have provoked China into sending a massive ground force, just as they did in Korea. Nuke them? Then we would have been looking at a nuclear exchange with Russia.

It really is a shame the Joint Chiefs and the Secretary of Defense never consulted you Baron; you could have solved everything!

The relatively sane policies that have been followed have seen fission bombs used in anger only twice, and no use of fusion bombs yet. Only fanatics find this in any way upsetting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. radicand Registered Senior Member

Just posturing, not advocating.

But.... I wonder if you would still claim that we (the United States) went into Afghanistan for oil, if we had simply nuked them? I mean how on earth could still make that claim?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. radicand Registered Senior Member

As to your thoughts, if you will, on Iraq. The manner in which we are fighting this portion of the war seems to contradict your point on why we are there. If we were really there for the oil, we would have it already. That's not American bias, its fact.

Most nations whether they admit it or not are scared out of their wits about us. They know that if we truly wanted to fight and conquer we could and would succeed. Yet, we fight now like we're afraid to. Seemingly, based on Blair's response, why Britain wanted in the battle. Blair knows the strength of America. Can you imagine how much better the world would be, if more simply followed us? If more nations modeled themselves after us, we would achieve the peace all the pacifist wish for.

Look I am not fan of war, but I am less a fan of those who hate America and blame us first.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Euros to dollars:: Mission accomplished.

8. radicand Registered Senior Member

What was the mission, and in what manner was it achieved?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Iraq/Iraq_dollar_vs_euro.html

http://petrodollar.info/iraq.html
    More:
    http://www.amazon.com/Petrodollar-Warfare-Iraq-Future-Dollar/dp/0865715149

10. radicand Registered Senior Member

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I provided the main points and the references. You can do the research and make up your own mind. :shrug:

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

When Sam begins to lose an argument or discussion, she/he resorts to posting the opinions of others as if those opinions are factual and valid.

I personally think Sam is a professional propagandist. Does that answer your questions?

Baron Max

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're just too lazy to read a lot of stuff by yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

See this?

Guess who joined the Axis of Evil? And has American warships up its backside?

14. radicand Registered Senior Member

Sam, I did not ask you to give me links and have me make up my own mind. I asked you to answer the question "What was the mission, and in what manner was it achieved?"

This was a direct response to your stating: "Euros to dollars:: Mission accomplished."

Can you or can you not answer the question?

BTW- Currency exchange is not static. Also, I doubt the next time anyone is seeking help of any kind, they will say "hmm, the euro is stronger than the dollar at this moment, maybe we should such countries for help!" Not happening, they will jump, as they always do, on the good ole USA bandwagon. Then later, after helping, complain about all the things we supposively did not do to help.

15. radicand Registered Senior Member

And, I am reading the links. Even though that isn't what I asked you.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you know why oil is sold in dollars? How the dollar became the international currency?

And why do you think the US would be concerned with euros replacing dollars as oil currency?

Look up these answers and all will be revealed.

Hint: what does the US get in exchange for these dollars? And where do these dollars come from?

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You don't really understand how world currency rates are determined, do you, Sam?

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If the oil was not priced in dollars but euros, what would determine the strength of the dollar Baron?

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oil prices being set by a particular currency does NOT determine the value of that currency relative to other currencies, Sam!

Your question shows that you don't know how the values of currencies are determined ......just as I thought.

Baron Max

20. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Any country that uses a nuclear bomb will be hated by everyone on the planet. The Political fallout would be much worst then the acutal atrocity we were trying to amend. Could you imagine all the negative press we would get if we nuked an entire country? News reporters walking the streets, telecasting the ghoulish results of this crime against humanity? Childern by the thousands burnt to a crisp. Everyone would boycott any and everything American if were to do that. And if France were to do that, I'd boycott their asses too. Collective punishment has never worked.

No country, can get away with

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, if you listen to the news, and you read the sciforums, everyone on Earth hates the US now as it is .....so how could it be any worse?

We've already "gotten away with it" twice, what's the big deal of doin' it again?

Boycott? Ha, Ha! That would be like cutting off your nose to boycott your face!

Y'all still make such a big deal about something like a big bomb. It's just a big bomb, that's all .....and bombs kill people and destroy property ...that's what bombs do. Is it better to drop a gazillion little bombs or one big one? What the fuck is the difference?

Baron Max

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

There's "fallout/consequences" with any and all bombs, so what?

Baron Max