Nukes flown over the US.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by desi, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Progress on de-alerting
    Apart from the UK and France, which reduced their nuclear readiness in 1998, little progress has been made. In mid 1991 the US unilaterally de-alerted its nuclear bombers by removing all nuclear weapons from planes - a first-step in de-alerting. Russia followed suit soon after. However, the warheads continue to be stored at airbases in a combat operational mode with the capability of being loaded onto planes within minutes. The US also de-alerted 450 Minuteman-2 strategic missiles and Poseidon SLBMs on 10 submarine missile carriers. Russia followed by de-alerting over 150 ICBMs in silos and 6 missile-carrying submarines

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why? I have as much right to state fats as I see them just as the media does. My facts, most of the time, are valid for it happened to me, not what I heard or thought. Just as there are thousands of Atomic warheds all over this country and you don't believe it is true. Like I said, I saw them just 50 miles out of a major California city. How about the nuclear submarines, them come into port with all their missiles and no one says anything, I wonder why not seeing as how those subs also have nuclear reactors which could create big problems as well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I would love to know how you know that there were Nuclear Weapons stored on the Base? You were in the Military at the time? You had a Crypto Clearance? you were cleared for access to the Site, if not then you are just blowing smoke, the Military never releases or confirms the storage sites, or their locations, the only people who know for sure are in the Military, and if you want to lose your clearance and career in one fell swoop, just make a statement that confirms the existence of Nuclear Weapons at a Specific Site, you will be out of a job so fast your ass will never catch up to your head, The fact is that any time anyone ever quizzed me about my knowledge of the existence of nuclear weapons at any of the bases that I worked at I would report the incident immanently to Base Security, one of two reasons,

First, It just be a foreign power looking for a weak link in the security and access to a weapon.

Second, It might be security checking about my ability to keep my mouth closed, and that I would report the incident so they could be on top of the situation, and take the proper security actions to protect the security of the weapons and systems to guard these weapons.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They are at March AFB , Riverside California. The subs come into many ports of call that carry nuclear warheads on their missiles so they too pose as much if not more of a threat to any cities they enter. Why doesn't the media raise this to the public, don't they want to scare everyone even more so they can sell their crap they call news and I call shit.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Again what proof do you have to offer beyond your speculation? when were you at March? did you serve in the military, were you assigned to those storage sites? did you actually see these weapons? The military doesn't acknowledge were nuclear weapons are at any given time, and even those assigned to the security of those weapons don't know if they are guarding the egg, of just a empty basket.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was there. That is enough for me to know what I saw so if you don't believe me that's your right.

10. draqon Banned Banned

ok than let me fill in my notebook here of secret operatives and those serving in military

ok found it...

user: cosmictraveler
    action: serving in the military of USA

And Kremlin KGB agents...here you go, "sent"

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

On your say so? I was there? Bull Sh!t, tell me when you were there, your a liar,and I know it.

12. draqon Banned Banned

thank you Buffalo Roam...I need that extra information...

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Excuse me, but how can you know anything about March AFB and its nukes? Were you there as I was? So why not enlighten us to what exactly they have there if I'm lying.

14. draqon Banned Banned

cosmic...so were exactly is this place? what people were involved? their names...please...the engine specs (cad files if you got them) of the engines as well as technology...

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Your the one who claims to have been there, so when were you there? and what were you doing there.

Surprisingly yes I was at March, and I have been assigned to security of Nuclear Materials, it was part of the mission assigned to my Squadron, and Troop, I am exactingly aware of the protocols involved in the security of Nuclear weapons, and the fact that the military never confirms the location of such weapons, and to do so violates national security, so if you were there, when?, and what was your clearance level that you know that Nuclear Weapons were on site, and were located there.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Top Secret. Why did the military let the media know that an airplane carrying nukes was flying around if the military isn't supposed to disclose that sort of thing as you have stated then?

17. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

I thought March AFB was handed over to the Reserves in the mid-1990s? As I'm aware, only transports operate out of there today.

Also, I'd like to hear how a SSBN's nuclear warheads on nuclear reactors pose a threat to the cities that they enter.

That is unless you're just trying to show how alarmist the spin on this news story is, in which case we are in full agreement.

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Some low-level jerk leaked the issue to the press ...probably for a payment of some kind.

Baron Max

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Crypto.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hay Romeo, you have the same Idea that I have, March hasn't been Nuclear since 93.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

UPDATE:

WASHINGTON — The Air Force said Friday it has punished 70 airmen involved in the accidental, cross-country flight of a nuclear-armed B-52 bomber following an investigation that found widespread disregard for the rules on handling such munitions.

"There has been an erosion of adherence to weapons-handling standards at Minot Air Force Base and Barksdale Air Force Base," said Maj. Gen. Richard Newton, the Air Force deputy chief of staff for operations.

Newton was announcing the results of a six-week probe into the Aug. 29-30 incident in which the B-52 was inadvertently armed with six nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and flown from Minot in North Dakota to Barksdale in Louisiana without anyone noticing the mistake for more than a day.

The missiles were supposed to be taken to Louisiana, but the warheads were supposed to have been removed beforehand.

A main reason for the error was that crews had decided not to follow a complex schedule under which the status of the missiles is tracked while they are disarmed, loaded, moved and so on, one official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record.

The airmen replaced the schedule with their own "informal" system, he said, though he didn't say why they did that nor how long they had been doing it their own way...

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Too extreme to be acceptable

To put the update in context:

The Minot episode is, hopefully, the most prominent manifestation of what an investigative board sees as a broader problem:

The problem is that, apparently people didn't know where the warheads were. And, according to the DSB investigation, it would seem this problem is a symptom of a growing disregard for our nuclear arsenal in the post-Cold War era.

According to the DSB, management of the nuclear programs has been pushed down the ladder some. Where senior flag officers and senior civilians managed the programs in past years, those duties are now falling to colonels in the Air Force and captains in the Navy, as well as "mid-level civilians". The panel has recommended the appointment of an Assistant Secretary of Defense whose sole duty is to oversee the nuclear programs, as well as flag officers similarly tasked within each of the services.

Notes:

Pincus, Walter. "Panel Cites Drop in U.S. Attention to Nuclear Aresenal". Washington Post. February 13, 2008; page A02. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/12/AR2008021202498.html