Obama Drowning Business in a Sea of Red Tape

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Aug 21, 2011.

1. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Total BS.

Republicans could care less what color Obama is.
    But whenever you bringing up his race what you make clear is that you can't support your position.

Race is NOT the issue.

GET OVER IT and stick to the actual ISSUES.

Obama agrees with MAW.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Administration-moves-plan-to-apf-2771248891.html?x=0

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, at the same time Teapublicans are railing against Obama for regulation, he's actually reducing regulation? Wow, why would they lie?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Well first because it was (finally) just announced, it hasn't happened yet and second, because it's WAY too little:

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said the administration's announcement was "underwhelming." And the Chamber of Commerce said real regulatory reform should include permit streamlining and reforms that would make it easier for businesses to get environmental clearance to start projects.

and

"The administration's findings and determinations, on their own, are a worthy effort at making technical changes to the regulatory process, but the results of this look-back will not have a material impact on the real regulatory burdens facing businesses today," said Bill Kovacs, senior vice president at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of course, the Chamber of Commerce is a mouthpiece for big business.

8. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Not really, more for average businessmen.

But it's funny that you write that as if businessmen are a BAD thing.

Friggin amazing.

9. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Talking right past the obvious point: said recession(s) (and the sluggish employment associated with them) were directly caused by the gutting of federal regulatory functions by your favored political faction.

Still, kind of an impressive attempt, from a totally craven, cynical perspective...

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They do not represent the average business. 55 percent of its funding came from just 16 companies. From Florida and South Carolina to Missouri and Kansas, from Colorado and Pennsylvania to New Hampshire and Washington, dozens of local chambers have announced that the U.S. Chamber doesn’t speak for them on these issues.

Their desire to avoid any kind of regulation hurts people, that's a fact.

11. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

They don't desire to avoid ANY kind of regulation.

Again, why are you against business?

If it wasn't for business you would be walking, growing your own food and using leeches to "let blood".

This board's frequent anti-business mantra is childish at best.

Arthur

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Your quote only applies on paper. In reality, small businesses are leaving it because they are not being represented. There is a lot of small business growth in green industries. I'm not against business, I just think the long term health and vitality of communities depends on strong regulation. Those that are against it are in favor of short term profits, quarter to quarter. This isn't sustainable, it's foolish.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Its childish to have learned the lessons history teaches? than I guess you and the rest of the righties here are the most adult people in the world.

oh by the way who said I meant to hit america in the heart instead I hit them in the stomach?

14. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No, it applies in fact.
    The Chamber represents 3 million businesses, 96% of them small.

Because small businesses generally aren't public and thus don't sell stock, short term profits or quarterly results are meaningless.

And having worked in quite a few large corporations I can tell you that they are clearly NOT focused on short term profits and quarterly results, because you are right, that is foolish and I haven't met any foolish CEOs.
    In management we spent most of our time on LONG term projects and plans and not that much time dealing with short term fluctuations.

And the Chamber is not against regulation, just stupid ones.

Businesses, large and small can tell the difference.

Arthur

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  15. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

And what lesson is it that I've missed?

That virtually all the jobs in the country are the result of business and not government?

That businesses are run by people just like you and I to make things people need, both products and jobs?

Yes, people who understand that are indeed adults who work every day in a business to earn a living and also to make a difference.

You know by working at those companies that provide your housing, your food, your clothing, your transportation, your furniture, your energy, your medicines, your entertainment and also provide the things the government needs to provide for your safety and education.

Arthur

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Virtually all of them.
    Is there a point? Government is also run by people like you and I to make things people need (e.g. roadways, infrastructure, laws, commercial code, etc.).
    Again is there a point? The same can be said of government.
    Again is there a point in there somewhere? And without government, there would be no basis upon which businesses could produce those goods and services.

It is government that produces the educated work force. It is the government that produced the roadways upon which supplies and goods are moved around the country and from country to country. It is the government that provided the stable banking system allowing capital to move freely through the economy - providing business with the capital needed to invest.

To say as you and other Republicans/Tea Partiers do that all goodness comes from private industry and all evil comes from government is simply nonsense. There are important rolls for both government and private industry. A healthy economy needs both.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I guess we must specify what we mean by stupid regulation. How about regulating CO[sup]2[/sup] emissions? Is that stupid?

18. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

What do you have in mind, since the government doesn't do it today, but since CO2 is at the heart of energy production then clearly it could be done stupidly.

For instance, taxing CO2 use here but allowing imports of products from countries that don't similarly tax CO2 could really hurt the competitiveness of US companies.

Arthur

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Joe, you continue to just LIE.

I didn't say anything at all about the Government and certainly nothing to imply that it was evil.

Arthur

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The truth hurts you doesn't it Arthur. So in then, you like your Republican/Tea Party fellows have to rely on ad hominem because you certianly cannot make an arguement based on reason or evidence.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

U know that with out a check the darker human impulses take over. no arther you and yours aren't adults merely children complaining about rules designed to protect you. no virtually all the jobs in the country in their current forms are the result of THE GOVERNMENT and regulation.

you have stated something that is meaningless to the argument as if it were profound. true buisnesses provide jobs. but the reason people have money to buy those things is government regulation. hell the middle class exists as the backbone of our modern economy because of government regulation. also you never answered my question. who said

knowing this will show you actually learned from history. its actually from a very important moment in history dealing with government regulation

22. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't know the TRUTH if it came up and bit you on the ass Joe.

If you weren't lying then just QUOTE me where I said Government was evil.

23. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Where have I said that Government wasn't important?

I said JOBS came mainly from business and not from Government and in doing so I was talking about Government JOBS.

Where have I complained about reasonable rules designed to protect me?

Here's a clue for you, I haven't. So quit making this bogus shit up.