Obama or Mccain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goose, Oct 16, 2008.

?

Who would you choose as your president?

1. Obama

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Mccain

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. goose Registered Senior Member

Who would you choose?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

President Enmos, Vice-president SAM. Obama and McCain are morons.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. White Rhyno Registered Member

McCain, obviously. Yeah, let's vote Obama, everyone, and watch the country go to hell!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

Obama, obviously. Yeah, let's vote McCain and watch him not be able to accomplish anything because he always bailed on his party when they needed him the most, so they'll be sure to return the favor once he's elected.

Talk about an impotent president...wow.

Oh, and we can watch him make sure anyone making less than 250 grand a year gets even more poor. If you're a millionaire, he plans on not only cutting your taxes, but cutting your capital gains tax, so good for you!

8. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Obama's smart and not conservative, McCain's stupid and not conservative. I'm not sure which is worse. My vote will be going to Barr.

9. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Alas, I cannot vote... but I would certainly be voting for McCain if I could. All of his policies, to me, seem to make a lot more sense.

Like his energy policy: drilling for domestic oili sources while simultaneously researhcing alternate energy sources and builiding nuclear power plants. Obama doesn't want to drill for oil here in America. But why on earth wouldn't you??? This whole economic crisis we're in was caused, largely, byhigh gas prices. So if we drill for more of our own oil, the prices will drop until we make the transition to different fuels.

And foreign policy... Obama doesn't support a missile defense system, despite the fact that Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea all possess atomic weapons and pose a threat to our national security. And conducting high-level negotiations with hostile nations? That ought to work just as well as the Munich Conference. And he's far too lenient with untrustworthy countries - like saying that the Russian invasion of Georgia was just as much the Georgians' fault as anyone elses'.

And economic policies - Obama opposes free trade. Free trade is important to maintaining friendly relations with our allies. After all, getting rid of free trade agreements was the first thing President Hoover did to alleviate the Great Depression, and he ended up making it worse. McCain wants to increase spending on education, because it will prepare more people for specialized jobs that aren't being shipped overseas; Obama wants to bring back the cruddy jobs that are tedious and low-paying.

10. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Those "cruddy jobs" are the lifeblood of a successful economy. There's a reason why the US is going to lose it's status of economic superpower and China is going to gain it.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd say vote Obama in as president but really piss him off and vote a Republican controlled Congress, that way one can't do much without the other.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. kmguru Staff Member

If you vote for democract President, vote republican governors and may be senate ...to keep it in balance

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Not true.

Also not ture.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

All indications are that it will be a clean sweep.

15. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Caused by high gas prices...? I'm sure the banking system has played a part, no?

Iran has nuclear weapons and is a threat to the US...that's news to me!

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you are a little behind the times Rhyno. The country has gone to hell in a hand basket under Republican rule. Where have you been?

I cannot understand why Republican supporters continue to support the party when the party has done just about everything they say they are against...and not just done those things, but done them in spades! They continue to support this party and say the Dems are worse when all emperical evidence says the opposite. It is just amazing to me to watch.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  17. kmguru Staff Member

18. kmguru Staff Member

Looks that way. Watch Nancy Pelosi on Charlie Rose Show...very interesting...

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I kind of like the way he laughs at his own jokes.

20. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Online bookmaker PaddyPower have announced that they are already paying out about 1 Million Euros to people that have bet on Obama winning the election.
    Do they know something we don't?

21. kmguru Staff Member

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Released: October 17, 2008

Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll: Obama 49%, McCain 44%

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I just came across this picture. This is what I call bipartisanship!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They do make an attractive pair. Don't forget, an electoral college tie could result in an Obama/Palin administration. Perhaps, rather than a photoshop, this is a picture from the future of the inaugural ball!