Off-topic posts from the "Evidence that God is real" thread

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Goldtop, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capracus Valued Senior Member

The truth about God isn't worth a measly thirteen minutes of your life? Remember, eternity hangs in the balance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Why? What if you look back far enough and it's unceasing nirvana including safety as far back as you look.

If the universe never began it can't expand, it's just endless space out there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily true.
    If I multiply 1 by 10, and then by 10, and then by 10, each time I do so the number expands (exponentially so, but that is beside the point).
    Now consider that each multiplication is a set period of time.
    If I start at 100 and want to see what happened in the past, I divide by 10, again each division a set period of time.
    So I get 10, 1, 1/10, 1/100 etc.
    All the way to asymptotically to zero (i.e. it never quite reaches, no matter how long I keep dividing).

With that principle you could thus get a universe that has always existed and expands.
    Not saying it is what we have, only that what you said isn't necessarily true.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Still, I think space should be endless in any which way it can go. It can't expand if space occupies everywhere already.

8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If you are too lazy to open a link, I don't own that.

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So, Musika concedes his case, by being too lazy to actually bring it to the table for comment.

10. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Well I did find 4 links that are representative or at least coming from the four most influential schools of religious thought in our world.
    At a certain point, even to function as the devil's advocate in a discussion, its simply not possible to maintain willful ignorance and contribute meaningfully.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

You had a chance to answer. You couldn't do it. You have forfeited; live with it.
    You didn't provide a link to a single example.

So now that you've failed to provide even a single example, you are trying to lie your way out of it.

No wonder theists are in severe decline.

12. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Um.
    I provided a link to 4 different categories of examples .... and here you still are, pumping away at your keyboard as testimony of your stubborness.
    Do you think christians never spend time looking at issues of what it means to be a good/effective christian?
    Or buddhists, muslims or hindus?

13. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If you would rather talk about your ideas than click on links, that's your perogative.

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Long long long time atheist here

But TODAY I viewed a tele evangelist

Now I believe in God

So please you two posters (you know who you are) can you please point me to the scriptures which explain HOW I now KNOW God?

The evangelist was a bit hazy on that

You will have to give your reply to another poster as I have you both on Iggy

I am sure I can rely on any poster you choose to forward the information to for forwarding to me will not peek at the info

Goody Goody good it's great to be a believer
    Not a doubt in my mind

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Guess you missed it repeatedly due to your fixation on identity politics.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Nope. There is no such post on this thread.

17. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

On the plus side, we at least have your decision to temporarily lay off the "abrahamic" BS for a few posts at least.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There is no such thing as time.
    *boom*

(Sorry all, couldn't resist. Carry on.)

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Damn

Conversion has knocked all science out of me

20. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

You are already proved wrong.

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

You couldn't do it, could you. You couldn't even post a single piece of Scripture to validate your claim. Sad!

I see this pretty often. The guy on the corner telling you about how you are going to go to Hell? He's probably never even opened a Bible. The right winger on TV lecturing about how society has abandoned God? Likely doesn't even know the details of the God he wants everyone to follow. I once saw a fat guy carrying a sign at an Earth Day event listing all the deadly sins, and claiming that the people there exhibited them - namely pride, envy, lust, anger and greed. The more strident someone is about Christianity, the less they know about it.

I'm also always amused by all the theists who post here trying to prove their beliefs are superior - and then act like complete douches in doing so. No wonder theism is in serious decline - no one wants to be like you.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

You're wasting your time. He's a typical theist; he'd rather play games with you and dance around the issues than engage in any meaningful discussion. He knows he can't really argue cogently on this.

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I made the comment earlier about pigeons playing chess

I'm sorry

I'm sorry I insulted pigeons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.