Official say on sock puppets?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Athelwulf, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

vinnie? vinnie-vincent-britboy oracle of everything english??

well well! our little pastyfaced white trash is sitting all the way over there, sweating in his crusty skidmarked unionjack undercrackers and maxing it with the ladyboys of phuket....

well I never.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

MMMM< sock puppets. I say- use this:

Sunbeam: In [removed to avoid spoiler] an entire solar system is converted to an ultrawave vacuum tube, with asteroids and planets as grids and plates, to focus nearly the entire output of the sun into a beam capable of melting the surface of a planet in seconds.

From the wikipedia page, but I removed the references so as to avoid spoiling the books it comes from. You can all have a go guessing.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Any word from the administration?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Can I take ten acres?

8. Pish, never once. Why would it?

My introduction to this particular incarnation of Meanwhile wasn't good - at the time I was somewhat engaged with a good old fashioned stand up/knock down bar fight with Gustav about something or other. Like Gustav a lot, got a set of balls on him and can take a knock on the chin. More than I can ever say about Meanwhile - just sniffed the blood in the air and decided to suddenly get terribly brave. A very poor error in judgement on his part. Can't abide that sort of behaviour in a chap. Never will. If he offered any form of actual contribution to a discussion, that first impression may have been considerably altered as consequence - alas, other than to offering allusions towards effete superiority not in the slightest demonstrated in either practice or indeed actual fact - I see him, he gets the piss taken out of him. Nothing fatal nor overtly hostile or verbally abusive - just perfectly openly and to his face.

Kind of goes with the territory I suppose. After all, unlike the likes of Meanwhile, when it comes to faces I only have the one. And I never get bored...

Clear enough?

9. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

At the very least, if we dont sterilise the planet to remove any possibilities of sock puppets, they should have the politeness to reveal themselves as such. Expecting us to try and work it out only feedd their power fantasies.

10. pseud0 El Comandante Administrator

Generally, the point of multiple user accounts is mainly to abuse/insult other members or trolling.

This is my point of view and this is my statement:

“Members are not allowed to participate in discussions using multiple user accounts. Each member found using multiple accounts particularly for abuse (posting inflammatory comments, verbal attacking other members, etc) will be banned by moderators without a warning, including all troll/sock puppet accounts.”

Therefore, I think you should avoid using of sock-puppets accounts!

11. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

Once a sock puppet, always a sock puppet. Is that how it works?

12. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

mr anon:
    stay away from gustie.
    he is the devil and will eat yer soul.

13. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... Actually, other way around. But thanks for your concern, always appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

have you seen angleheart?

15. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

well, why cant i use a acc in school different for mthe one i use at home asl ong ias i keep it commen knolage, i dotn want people in my school ( liek the admins) to know what i say outside of school and get in trouble for it. ut if i would keep it commen knolage about a sock puppet could i have it?

if not then tel lme and i wont make one please psudo

16. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

don't they teach spelling at school nowadays?

17. Meanwhile Banned Banned

I suppose I should respond to hum-drum here and take this thread temporarily off topic as he has eventuated all by himself without cause from me here and my initial on-topic post.

How amazing that hum-drummymous is so able with facile dexterity to sound frightfully British that he had me fooled for a while early on. But with a little tug here and a little pull there, there sat a golly demeanour decidedly unEnglish. My advice to this stilted anonymous dude from an X-Soviet bloc is to do a lot of stretching all over—the joints, muscles, and holes and things—and loosen up a bit! It would do wonders to expel all that excess sour karma. Uch!

That type of feedback that I could only but respond to in kind to hum-drum there is the real reason my dear—everything else could only fall into place in the Pseudoscience forum where I consistently remained out-of-this-world but on-topic, i.e., if hum-drum would only but allow it... he seems to confuse Pseudoscience with the Ethics, Morality, & Justice forum. Go figure.

Am I reading morality here? For whose benefit? The majority's? Why? I mean, wouldn't it be tactless and a bit campy to confess?? But wouldn't that countermeasure the whole point of changing a different approach?

And what if they come with a single user account? it's alright then to initiate inflammatory comments, verbal attacks, etc.? huh?

18. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... I've not only seen it many, many times. I also actually dug out the original book on which it's based. Marvellous stuff. Why, does Gustav eat hardboiled eggs?

Awwww, sweety. Y'finally figured out that the British don't actually write with British accents after all - bless. xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  19. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

This may be, but what about people who don't use multiple accounts to abuse, insult, or troll?

Forbidding it to people who would conduct themselves responsibly and within the forum rules just because there are people who would abuse it&nbsp;—&nbsp;that's like banning alcohol, and is distasteful to me and my libertarian nature.

Permanently? Even if they're not using it to abuse posters?

Is this stance negotiable?

20. Meanwhile Banned Banned

Actually, Anne, it was Avatar who confirmed my suspicions.

21. Meanwhile Banned Banned

But I really don't give a damn about who you choose to portray if that is how you genuinely feel inside—we all have our facets. The fact that it was then, immediately after I first pinged you on it in the Pseudoscience forum, that you started with your condescending ad hominem against me; your dislike of me had nothing to do with my character nor with any "contributions" I gave at the forums because until then you were—and I noticed this plainly at the time—ignoring me. And I brought all of this up here again because frankly your version of events to Athelwulf left much... untouched.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

suck puppets sock.
    er. . . sick puppys suck.
    uh. . . sick puppets sing.
    fuck it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.