OK. So who can describe d6?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by esp, Apr 9, 2002.

1. IggDawg Registered Senior Member

c'est,

you do realize that in order for something to become hard science it first has to passs through the stages of myth and metaphysics? Science starts off as a wacky idea explaining an unknown. Then we bounce what we know off of it trying to get a better feel for it. Then we go through more rigorous testing and try to get reproducible results. right now string theory is in the stages of metaphysics. of course its out therre and "whack." it will continue to be "whack" until we have the means to see things that are much smaller than they are now.

Why do I believe in string theory and SuSy? 2 reasons. The well known fact that, with the current Standard Model, General relativity and Quantum Physics can't both be right. Secondly, we need something to close the gap between the quantum scale and the planck scale. String theory and SuSy seem to be the best ways to describe that. If you have a better explaination, I would in all honesty love to hear it cause string theory is, as I mentioned, pretty "whack."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Elmo Registered Senior Member

Indeed, but invisible elephants can bridge the gap between GR and QM. There's no need for invisible elephants, I can see your point of view but can you see mine?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Elmo Registered Senior Member

D'OH!!!

meant to say "invisible elephants CAN'T bridge the gap between GR and QM"!!

oops!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.