On faith

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Magical Realist, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Can you give an example of such an argument?

Do you use logic to define logic?

Do you think that being without formal logic would be a psychiatric illness?

I didn't mention anything about religion.
    You need to stop paraphrasing what I say.

You say you don't see a whole lot of evidence of God being the same kind of innate thing. I would term it as the same type of relationship. But that being said, what would be regarded as evidence that God and logic are innately related to the human being, in your opinion. Remember, you are the one that claims there is currently no evidence that this is the case.

You seem obsessed with religion. No one is discussing religion.

I looked at the links, and saw no relation to the point I made.
    You already displayed a type of arogance by stating that you don't see a whole lot of evidence that God and logic are in a similar category, as far as how they relate to humans. You imply that those who do, are pretending that the lack of evidence you speak of, is there. But I'm willing to bet that you have no clue as to what that evidence is.

Yes you have argued that, and repeatedly. But you keep claiming there is no evidence, yet the the theist says there is evidence, and we explain what we mean by evidence. Just google evidence for Gods existence. By now you must believe that there is no evidence for God, so the only remaining confirmation that you will undoubtedly accept, is proof.

I'm not interesting in convincing you. I just as sooner discuss it.
    Also you shouldn't want to be convinced, you should want to find for youself, but I doubt that you really do want to.

jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Gods love is no joke.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Would God use logic, or does he believe past it, or is it just "logical."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What does that mean?

jan.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The answr you seek will only have meanin to you when you find it in you'r hart.!!!

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How would I know?

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, Jan, but what, do you want a prize? Of course it is. In truth, I'm just wondering: What is the threshold at which you accept that these people aren't actually here for an honest discussion?

wegs likes this.
  11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Jan knows to look into her hart for truth;;; you'r incorect assertion about me coud lead lessor believers astray.!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I don't know whether to remind that people really need to read the terms before signing, or invoke the Long Marble Thesis.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

......................................................................................

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Huh... no decision yet.!!!

Well i suggest that you get an take the advice of a level headed mod who dont have a dog in this thred an go by what Fraggle Rocker says.!!!

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Way to try to poison the well, Tiassa.

How about you keep your blanket suspicions of the rest of the posters' motives to yourself?

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by ''find it in your heart"?

Jan.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
    I know some atheists will use mockery as a way to bolster their atheism, or try to act in a way they think the theist believes.

I would like cluelesshusband to take this fabrication as far as he can. Because I will be able to gauge what he thinks belief in God is, and how and why he thinks people believe in God.

The atheists here will repeatedly assert there is no evidence of God, while not knowing what would be evidence. That to me, is the threshold at where they aren't here to have an honest discussion. If that is where they set the bar, then we have to proceed from that point if we wish to enjoy a discussion.

Jan.

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

But you've never been interested in discussion, only in preaching, circular logic, and avoiding questions.

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Let me guess, you don't believe in God, because you know there is no evidence for Gods existence. Right?

jan.

20. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

In the spirit of honest discussion, Jan, do you believe in God because you see evidence of God, or do you see evidence of God because you believe in God?
    Please, an honest answer?

21. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

For most it is not that they know there is no evidence, just that they don't see it (whatever the evidence may be) as evidence for God's existence.

You say that there is evidence, that one only has to Google it to find what people consider as evidence.
    Care to provide just one example for us to examine, in the spirit of honest discussion?
    I ask you to provide it so as to remove the possibility of us deliberately chosing one we could easily refute, i.e. to avoid risk of dishonesty on one side, and subsequent appeals to dishonesty on the other.

22. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Do you think Jan is here for that?

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

"Because" is irrelevant. God is all there is.
    That is without me accepting God exists or not.
    I don't accept there is zero , unless it is in relation to one.

But as you ask, I believe in God, because is all there is.

Jan.