Once again the Liberal Media Has Covered Up.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by MadGreenwood, Aug 31, 2006.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2006.
  1. Does the "Liberal Media" cover up the truth in America?

75.0%
  2. Do you ever hear a follow up story when something like this happens?

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MadGreenwood Jedi Master Registered Senior Member

The Liberal media has once again covered up the fact of the San Fran Freako Amid Aziz Popal? a Muslim ran over 13 people and have you heard anything about it today on the News. No you haven’t all they said was or the excuse they made up was that he had mental problems I seriously doubt he had mental problems. Just like they made the excuse of the Muslim in Seattle shot all those Jewish women and you never hear another word about it on the news. The excuse for that Islamofaschist was "He Is Bi-Polar" and my reply is B.S. he is a terrorist just like the man in the hit and run is San Francisco. They should be Hung on the spot no more excuses and no more tolerence with these evil people.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

According to news reports, he identified himself as a terrorist.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The US media isn't liberal and hasn't been since the 1970's. The US media is Establishment. Controlled by zionists and big money capitalists. What would the extreme right do if they ever really had a liberal media to go up against!!

Once Again: Liberalism died with LBJ. Anyone in opposition to Family Values rightwingers or anyone that disagrees with the Bush mafia is a liberal. Sigh. Booooring and tired

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MadGreenwood Jedi Master Registered Senior Member

You are a typical Brainwashed Liberal.

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

No, wrong again. I'm a COMMUNIST ATHEIST HOMOSEXUAL!! Liberalism died in the late 1960's. The Democrats have been centrist ever since.

9. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

The US media is not Liberal on economic policy, is not Liberal on foreign policy, and is harder on Democrats than on Republicans on ethics issues. Bush lied us into a war and the media let that slide.

Only on the issues of Christian tradionalism/racism/cultural conservatism versus cultural liberalism/ secular humanism does the media favor the liberal positions.

MadGreenwood, you have been brainwashed.

10. MadGreenwood Jedi Master Registered Senior Member

Well then, I truly Despise you also. You equal everything I hate.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You are actually sitting there with a straight face and telling us that sociopathic fundamentalist Islamic terrorists don't have any mental problems?

You're on SciForums, dude. A significant number of people here define "religion" as one of the most serious types of mental problems.

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Amen and Praise Cheeses!

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'll wear your disdain like a badge of honor!!

14. MadGreenwood Jedi Master Registered Senior Member

No, you have. I am right

15. MadGreenwood Jedi Master Registered Senior Member

You are severely misguided.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You are just an echo chamber for Republo-Fascists. Maybe Muslims should wear a yellow crescent and live in concentration camps? I pity your lack of critical thought.

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

will you share it with me? he has yet to publicly proclaim his feelings for me yet...i feel left out.

ill wear it every third day...how does that sound?

18. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

My brain shuts off when people use phrases like "Republo-Fascists", "Pinkos", "Neo-Cons", etc... It sounds like the pseudo-intellectual jargon of the 60's from the left, and of the 80's from the right. Edit: I forgot "Islamo-Fascists". Just saw it in another thread.

//End Edit.

And anyone that thinks that either side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on the media needs to change the channel. The Left owns TV overwhelmingly. The Right has a few channels, especially Fox News, but otherwise is in the minority. The Right owns radio. The Left has NPR, and a few other programming choices, but not much. More newspapers lean Left than Right, which can be seen by looking at the number of papers that support presidential candidates from the same party year-after-year for decades now. The toughest to call would be the current-event book section. My feeling here is that the minority party owns the advantage there. It seems that the books which bash the incumbant do much better than the ones that sing his/her praise. I remember a ton of anti-Clinton (Mr. and Mrs.) books in the 90's, and now they are anti-Bush. The same process has gone back as far as I can tell.

When people say that the media has no bias, that is crazy. There is no such thing as a true center. That is a mythological reference point used for rough comparison, not something that actually exists. Everything has to be on one side or the other of this imaginary line.

The standard that comes closest would be a publication like The Economist, which only cares about governments in how they affect the economic well-being of the people. A noble stance, to say the least. Also, channels like C-SPAN, that only show you what is going on, and do not editorialize, can be considered neutral, even if their subject matter is far from it.

So, if you feel like the media is leaning too far one way... change the channel. Pick up a different book. Subscribe to another blog. Just keep in mind that all forms of media are in it for the money, and as such they have to appeal to people. And trying to appeal to the 4,591 truly neutral people on the planet is no recipe for success.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  19. Roman Banned Banned

I think the media is purposefully not reporting these incidents as Islamic terrorists running amock in America.

Imagine the fallout if they did. There'd be clamor for widespread deporation and internment camps in no time at all.

Hey, I even started a thread on this back when the Muslims in France were rioting:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=49984

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

do you mind making a poll where there is an option other than your dumbfuck opinion

21. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

I was confused about this as well.

Not quite as... angry, as you seem to be. But I have been scratching my head wondering if I should really be answering a question with another question. :bugeye:

22. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The right wingers are all over this. I heard the same complaints on Michael Medved. I guess we are all supposed to be scared of free-lance Muslim terrorists now. Maybe even discriminate against all Muslims, then? I don't know what the point is, these stories were covered, but they don't seem all that relevent.

I think they are trying to create a distraction, since a Federal judge recently declared Bush NSA spying on Americans without a warrant to be unconstitutional, punishable by jail time and a fine.