One of the dopest things I've seen this week

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by ricardonest, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricardonest Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

So that's where all of the bees went?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They are old news, but I like them anyway.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I bet the military would enjoy having these but much larger and equiped with missiles and machine guns to use in fighting their wars. Imagine thousands of these things operated remotely attacking an "enemy" somewhere.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Or much smaller equipped with hypodermic needles full of blue-ringed octopus venom.

8. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I love to see the remote control unit. I'm guessing it's multiple controllers controlled by a computer and software.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Indeed,... and a small about of Co2 could launch a needle fast enough and far enough to tag someone covertly. I would imagine some sort of Sabot to launch the needle would be required, but it's simple engineering.

Or how about a nice little Polonium 210 pellet? Or Ricin?

I would imagine it would be simple to control one of these things if you have line of sight, or even spot it from another, bigger quadraprop platform that can carry a full telemetry and comms package. Fit a scanning IR laser to the big quad, and a little reflector to the mini one,... and it's position and distance can be calculated, so the computer or operator can do the rest.

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

12. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I wonder what kind of positioning technology they are using. Inertial? Time difference of arrival? What a great way to learn control systems theory. They have a barely perceptible overshoot when correcting, but then a very fast rise time, like when it settles on his hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.