Online Health Community

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Nickelodeon, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Roman Banned Banned

He wants control of the Truth.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum from a fascist, a Rightist ideology. I'm on the authoritarian Left. Woodrow isn't one of my heroes.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

As for change: How about a search button on the mainpage that allows to search the whole damn site, all threads? I know it is buried in the software and I was told to freaking MEMORIZE the URL. In the 21st century....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Sooooo... back to the topic...

I was just going to start a new thread about this...
    So, what's up with this "Online Health Community" up there!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Ohhhhh! So THAT'S where it went...!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If you read the posts.. they are the people that bought this forum. Or at least the same people own both forums.

10. Roman Banned Banned

But I like you!

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

What does 'online health community' mean anyway? It's fucking nonsense. The website's covered in Google ads too.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

A taste of things to come?

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Maybe, but what could they possibly advertise here, bearing in mind that Google ads are targetted fairly precisely at the captive audience. So what could they sell to this bunch of weirdos successfully? Only books, spectacles, Star Trek paraphernalia and miracle penis growth pills come to mind.

14. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

where are the google ads?

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

perhaps this is a taste of things to come, i hope the layout isnt switched

thats copyrighted to jelsoft who we are also copyrighted to

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Ugh.... just like every other forum on the web.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Why does every forum use the same look?

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Jelsoft is the company that makes vBulletin software. Porf kinda broke the rules by not placing the Jelsoft copyright on the page. Bad boy.

Because most forum admins are too lazy to do much to the basic themes preinstalled with vBulletin software (or whatever software they use.)
    Porfiry spent some considerable amount of time creating the look of Sciforums. I wasn't around before the switch and so don't know what it was like before (although I do seem to recall some images from the Wayback Machine that indicated its prior existence was still one with a unique look.

Zox said he's going to try to maintain the look as much as he can. Hopefully he'll succeed in this more than he fails. I'm sure that it shouldn't be too difficult.

And. Yeah. That health forum looks like a way crappy design. Everything's all crowded in with news links over on the side and the thread links are all weird. I don't know anything about google ads as my browser automatically removes them from my presence.

I hope that by 'added content' he doesn't mean he plans on doing anything like that to the index page. If any added content should be tacked in, give it it's own page. Unobtrusive.

Personally, I'm more leery about content rather than form.
    Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit: By the way. The placement of the Online Health Community link is annoying as hell. It actually looks like it's trying to call THIS SITE an online health community. It should go at the bottom of the page with the rest of the links.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What does the weird sign next to the blue Sf on the top left of the page mean?

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It is karambees for 'spuriousmonkey rulez'!

22. Vulvarse Banned Banned

You misunderstand. My associate doesn't seem to have the heart to break it to you.
    We WILL be changing sciforums into an online health community.
    All old posts and threads will be deleted, and memberships terminated, although you will be able to reregister with the online health community (for a small fee).

However, this forum will be dedicated to health issues and topics in the future, I would like to make that clear, and we would like to discourage the unhealthy people currently using sciforums from registering with the online health community.
    We suggest those of you who are not particularly healthy/health conscious look abroad for an online community more suited to your needs.
    This won't be a place to continue old discussions from sciforums, we certainly don't want science-minded people hanging about and figuring all of their friends are here anyway "so why not stay?" despite having no interest in health issues, hence the termination of current memberships, and the small fee which will only apply to ex-sciforums members. The forums will be free for all those whose ip address isn't recognised as a former member of the old sciforums.

Sorry I just realised...
    Unfortunately, Invert Nexus, you happen to be one of a handfull of the members of sciforums which have been "flagged" by the research team of the online health community as a particularly undesirable individual.
    It simply means evidence from your online discussions has been acquired which indicates you are either unhealthy or of a lower/undesirable class, please don't take this personally just understand the online health community (especially in it's formative years) would like to project a specific image to the public.
    You may still reregister but understand you will be paying considerably more than other sciforums members and we will also need proof that you are trying to change. Receipts from health clubs/gyms and health food stores will need to be sent in with your weekly fee of $125, you will also be restricted from posting on the forums but you will be able to view 5 of the 9 subforums which will be available.
    You will be able to participate in one activity of the online health community and that is by making donations to our paypal account. With each donation a member may leave a small (admin-approved) message in a fine font, even the otherwise restricted undesirable members!
    Please note this donation is seperate from your compulsory weekly fee of $125.

23. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Wow. Amazing.

Weekly fee of $125?

This is a joke?

Invert is an undesirable?