oops, im an extreme paranoid nihilist

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Bohemian Nightmare, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Bohemian Nightmare I am better than you Registered Senior Member

so im thinking that everything is subjective including our sences so we cant really be sure anything is real. things only exist because we think they exist, so if i stop thinking i exist i just might explode? (spontaniously combust for the nerds)
    doncha think?
    probably best not to think about it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hoth Registered Senior Member

We only experience things through the subjective, but an objective reality is very useful to explain the origins of the things you're subjectively experiencing.

Without an objective reality, you don't seem to have any explanation for sickness or brain damage affecting your mental abilities, or for death. Also there's the fact that you seem to have very little control. Thus, it's very reasonable to assume that there are external physical causes for many, or in my opinion absolutely all, of your subjective experiences.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ssivakami Registered Senior Member

I agree that objective reality is an assumption science makes. But it is the minimum required assumption required in order to forumlate a working model of the universe, which, all said and done, works.

- Sivakami.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bohemian Nightmare I am better than you Registered Senior Member

without objective reality we are fucked really!!
    hahaha
    subjectivity is seductive to me though because it makes sence right to the definition. i do think the world is objectivly there, but im not sure if we all interpret it the same. or if we see the same things; because you see with yr mind, not your eyes. do you know what a blind man sees when he is able to see for the first time in his life? - nothing. he sees strange colours and shapes that have no registry. he has to LEARN to see. someone has to tell him something is orange or red or a square or a 7 or whatever. so seeing is certianly subjective. just HOW subjective is the fun thing to muse about.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

If i said this before sorry but i heard that (i could have got it wrong) 90% of our memories never happend.
    Also it is said that if 10 people see an event you will get 10 different versions of what happened

9. Bohemian Nightmare I am better than you Registered Senior Member

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

*Also it is said that if 10 people see an event you will get 10 different versions of what happened*

Asguard is right here. Try it out. Do a little experiment with a few people. You will 'see' that the 'views' are different.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Every one has another view and does even see the colors in a different kind Blue or Purple or any color you like, than you do.

11. esp Registered Senior Member

12. Bohemian Nightmare I am better than you Registered Senior Member

as if bitch.

youre just a figment of my imagination