Open bank account in the US

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

As a tourist, can I open bank account in the US, using my home country address?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, I can't let you in. Work on your English and reapply. Next...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

legally yes if you are not a

criminal or terrorist or banned by a government or other globally affiliated bank & you have all the required legal documentation(which is highly unlikely).
    while you may not be defined legally as a criminal
    if you have been convicted of some types of financial crimes, these may exclude you from being allowed to open an account with the bank without a registered lawyer or accountant as a manager whom controls the account access as an account administrator & at this point you would need to be depositing significant funds[e.g 100k us$ cash deposit opening balance which you would need to wire directly to the bank before they opened the account] to make it worth the while of the bank to do the vast amounts of paper work and background administration to comply with legal issues)

whats your credit rating like ?
    how many loans have you defaulted on and how much have you currently borrowed & owing to banks & lenders ?

what currency do you wish to hold in the account ?
    roughly how much will you be depositing when you open it ?

is the account for transactions
    savings
    trading
    personal or business ?

those are some of the questions you will need to answer to the bank to see if you are ready & allowed to open an account
    AND assuming you have all the documentation required.

keeping in mind many banks will simply not want to open an account for someone over seas unless you intend to hold a minimal sum in it say for example $5,000.00 US$ to 10,000.00 US$

you have to keep in mind in the growing cyber world banks are continuously targeted for fraud so simply by them opening up an account for you, they create expense & risk.
    so it has to be worth their while to do so.