Operating system

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by nizamgph, Jul 13, 2014.

1. nizamgph Registered Member

I have recently installed windows 8 on my Samsung laptop. I am new in windows 8 and having some problem. So I want to install windows xp on my laptop in addition to windows 8. Is it possible to install 2 operating system parallel in one laptop?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The problems you can have with a windows dual boot is windows likes to be on Drive C. It is possible to do, however I personally wouldn't bother since XP is no longer officially supported and would likely make the Win 8 installation prone to attacks that otherwise it wouldn't be prone to.

Somebody might know how to fix your problems with your OS, however if you could state the model of the Samsung Laptop (and any modifications you might have made, extra ram etc) it would be easy to see if Win8 can run on there properly. We'd also assume your using legitimate copies of the software since illegal ones can sometimes be the cause of the problems.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

nizamgph, if the laptop in question doesn't have a touch-screen, I would highly recommend wiping it and installing Windows 7 instead - windows 8 without a touch screen is... well, like trying to have a romantic dinner by yourself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Win 8.1 can be used without a Touchscreen, I'm using it right now and have no real problems now I've got use to it. (Initially it was a pain in the ass, but I've grown use to it). Admittedly win 7 wouldn't have the "extra" OS interface that was meant for the touchscreens, which could reduce overheads. However if your someone that uses if for the DirectX library then you have to live with it, or be stuck with an older verison.