Opinions re electronic church.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Dinosaur, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

There are quite a few preaching religion via radio & TV. Many (most?) seem to collect large amounts of money.

I am curious about the opinions of theists relating to radio/TV preachers. I am also curious about opinions relating to those higher up in mainstream religious hierarchies.

BTW: I am an atheist who considers the local priest, minister, rabbi, et cetera (with some exceptions) to be sincere in their beliefs and motivations.

It is my opinion that those higher up in religious hierarchies are less motivated by religious beliefs & more motivated by ambition for power, prestige, and/or money.

I consider those who run large radio/TV ministries to be the equivalent of scam artists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I avoid watching mass media preachers. I believe most of them are out for riches. I believe that the Media machine is basically anti-Christian so that most of the spokesmen put forward by the Media machine will be those leading people away from true Christianity towards a fake/false/deception Christianity.

I have been doing a lot of Utube watching lately and have watched a lot of vids some from the Mass Media preachers, I find many of them to be focused on the Name it claim it prosperity doctrine of gain through God. I believe this is an end times deception.

But i have been watching a few vids from a preacher named Mike Hoggard and i have been mostly impressed by His videos. He does not have a TV show and that figures.

But i agree with you about most of them wanting power, prestige and money. Sadly they are what non-believers see all the time because they dominate the Mass Media so they end up having a very negative view of Christianity that is based on what they have been shown. It makes the job of true Christians even harder when people who come seeking already are set against you because of the already installed impression they have of you based on mass media preachers.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Televangelists (and their alternative mass-media brethren) are scam artists. They're all asking for money, all selling something.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.