Opposites attract, only if you're single

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Plazma Inferno!, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

New study found that if we are in a relationship we are more likely to be attracted to faces resembling our own, but for single people, opposites attract.
    Team of scientists from Charles University in the Czech Republic showed a series of photographs of faces to university students and asked them to rate their attractiveness. The photographs were digitally manipulated so that the resemblance to the student was modified.
    Images were of an individual of the opposite sex, whose face had been manipulated to look either more or less similar to the student. They were also presented with images of a same-sex individual manipulated in the same way.
    Scientists found that single participants, those not in relationships, rate dissimilar faces as more attractive and sexy than self-resembling faces.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-07-opposites-attractunless-youre-relationship.html

Study: http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00869/full

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Is this true for gay and lesbian people too?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wellwisher Banned Banned

When I was going, I used to prefer the opposites. My philosophy, as a young man, was my strong suits came easily to me but I was not complete. An opposite would be useful since they could help me develop my weaker suit, so I could approach completeness.

Opposite means you will need to go places you don't normally go, therefore places that are less development in your personality, will gets some exercise and data. If you are a home body and meet a daredevil get ready to leave your comfort zone, to learn a whole new side of you.

As you get older and get more set in your ways, then the same becomes more preferential since it allows you to leave the school of life, and apply what you have learned, with someone with similar needs and limitations. This leaves more energy left over, for the routine tasks of life and family.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.