Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

unfortunately it is a little more sinister than that.
    by defining someone as having an illness you also disempower them and invalidate them for having a voice.

good example of how biased this level of application is look at george bush when reports came out about him suffering depression.
    in my opinion probably the mental fallout and back lash of the born again Cristian brain washing that he was subjected to.
    i have spent some years around church going Christians and born again Christians so my opinion is not coming from an anti christian perspective it is coming from a perspective of opposition to their ways of inflicting certain things on people and their topical ignorant approach to deep seated psychological issues.

why they have not been sued yet for mental abuse and unlicensed therapy is beyond me but anywho....

was george bush suddenly defined and declared as needing to step down from a job that most would freely agree should not be performed by anyone suffering from depresion ?
    no!
    why ?
    because he has soo much power and people lust after power and also fear power so give power absolute right to a dual class of law and society

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i agree that some kids need a spanking, however, spanking an ADHD child just over stimulates them and makes them worse, you need to know about the situation the kids are in, you have to step back and listen to the child, each child is differant

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You should, because here's something you apparently don't know about ADHD; if something doesn't really interest them, they will find something else to entertain them rather quickly...and put off whatever doesn't interest them for the longest time possible.
    However, if something does interest them, they can become hyperfocused on it...like video games, or anything they find fun; almost to the point where it can become an obsession.
    Like I'll put off doing laundry/dishes for as long as I possibly can, but I can ride my mtn bike for hours on end, play video games or go mow the lawn with no problem.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Some of the diagnosis I've read about say they struggle to focus even on things that interest them, and that it affects them in more than one situation, such as at work, at leisure, and in social situations. Though this may be more towards ADD tendancies not ADHD.:shrug:

8. Blender3d777 Registered Member

there's a disorder for everything...half of them are probably made up by some shrink cause they cant figure out another reason why somebody is different then they are.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: sounds like a typical person to me. Chores are yucky. Games/bikes are fun
    I don't see what it has to do with ADD

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

You sound exactly like me. I don't have ADHD though.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He sounds like me as well. I put off mopping floors as long as possible, but could spend hours reading a book or gardening.
    I don't have ADD or ADHD either

12. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

spanking a child is no different to punching a women in the face.

what ever the reasoning is for spanking the child can be applied to validate punching the women in the face.

have a go, think about the reasoning behind what you think validates hitting a child and i will show you it is just as justified using that for an excuse to punch a women in the face.

13. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Excuse me. It's very different to hit an adult in the face. You have a small child who will repeatedly hurt the family dog any chance she gets. You punish her by putting her in her crib. You tell her no in a very serious voice. She keeps pinching the family dog until you swat her two year old butt for picking on the dog and promise you'll deliver another one if she ever bothers another animal again. True story about my niece. And it absolutely worked after my mother did that. If an adult did that to a dog, she would not be welcomed back in my mother's house, but as it is, my niece is a little girl who's just learning and she's very willful. Words don't always work with her.

14. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

soo you are saying that because the child/woman refuses to understand the words and continues the behaviour and because you love them and want them to stay it is ok to punch her in the face.
    but if she was someone you did not love you would not punch her in the face but just tell her to get out and never come back...
    ok.

fair enough allot of domestic violence on women is done for the reason the man loves her soo much he needs to beat her up and make sure she is controlled properly.
    i understand that.
    allot of people think that way and the bible bashers even preach that a women should not be spared the rod if she steps out of line.

not my personal choice in how to live but millions of others seem to agree with you.

P.S i can make any child cry with just a couple of words, and i can make most adults cry with just words.
    soo maybe my universe is quiet different to most other peoples, should i beat others as they would beat their children ?
    SURELY they treat their own children the best so any adult should be treated worse than the child because children are supposedly the most important yes ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  15. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Are you daft? A smack on your butt does not hurt like a punch in the face. I've had both. It doesn't matter if I love the child or not, they're getting a smack on the butt if I've exhausted every other option. She needs to know it's not okay to hurt the dog, even if she isn't big enough to understand the moral implications of hurting an innocent animal. I have to be able to trust that she will not hurt my cat when she's visiting this weekend. She knows absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'll spank her if she intentionally hurts an animal. It's NOT okay to hurt animals. She could poke the cat's eye out and blind it. My single swat I'd deliver wouldn't risk her more than a sore rear end for ten seconds.

My niece isn't property, but she's a child who doesn't understand the moral implications of hurting an animal. She'll learn that in time. Right now she understands being mean to pets has a very unpleasant consequence. Hitting someone in the face causes far more damage to someone than hitting them on the butt. That explains the real lack of erotic face punching.

When did I say hitting an adult woman was proper? They should understand moral implications or they should get out. A grown woman is not going to learn from a spanking. (Ask my boyfriend. It's done positively nothing for me when it comes to being bad.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) A smack on my ass is going to surprise me, but it doesn't really hurt.

And the point is not to make someone cry. See, I don't like making people cry, but I do like a peaceful household and helping my niece grow into a young lady who is respectful towards all, including animals. If the child's crying, you probably overdid whatever punishment.

Beating differs from spanking. Again, beating me is going to upset me. Spanking me is just going to get me to go, "What the hell are you doing?" If someone says, "Don't pet the dog that hard," I'll just cease.

Children are not little adults. They don't know the rules and regulations; they don't know things are dangerous/hurt others and sometimes don't understand the logic behind it. Sometimes, the little shock of a spank is the best deterrent until they understand.

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

soo an adult who commits the same crime as a child should know and deserve an even bigger deterrent thus size to weight ratio a damn good punch in the face of a woman should about do it.

i mean its not like i am suggesting psychological abuse by making the childs' only dependent security person a villain that inflicts pain am i.

just a short sharp shock of a good punch in the face of a woman when she seems to have not yet learnt how to behave properly.

lets face it if a woman has not learnt by the time she is 25 then you need a much bigger smack, preferably in the face and in public.

you see it doesn't matter what way you say it and how much you type out about how getting hit hurts etc...
    you probably associate sex with a smack on the bum and have all sorts of sexual issues about it.

personally i think getting off sexually by spanking children is called pedophilia..
    but then who am i to judge yes ?
    after all in some countries they sell their spare daughters into the sex industry aged 10.

17. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Where in the blue fuck are you getting that? :bugeye: Spanking is not about hurting a child.

Use punctuation. And yes, intentionally making a kid cry is terrible abuse.

Hitting someone in the face can cause damage. It's cruel and unusual punishment, and adults are capable of reason. Are you that dense?

What adult woman of sound mind is going to poke a dog in its eye?

Uh, not in the case of a child. People who like BDSM are not pedophiles.

It's not arousing to me and inferring I'm a pedophile instead of actually debating is immature strawman.

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i am not saying beat the child up or anything, if a child is repeatedly putting his fingers in the fire, and you give him/her a stern voice to stop and doesnt stop, then you slap the childs hands, not hard just hard enough for the child to know, i am in no way saying you should beat the child to a pulp,

19. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

i do understand what your saying.

i probably cant say anything without offending most people so i will just say it straight.

intellectually and emotionally most people are not yet evolved enough to be able to psychologically control a child and that is why smacking seems like the only option.

like trying to explain how the earth is round to someone 500 years back.
    just really doesn't work until you show them with an example that proves it.
    even then once it has been proven because the person does not get injured when they hit the child it means there is no critical feedback to teach them on the same base level they have been raised on.
    their mind thus needs them to be beaten/hit every time they hit the child or get angry at it and want to try and use violence.

then only once you have hit the parent and inflicted pain on the parent enough times when they finally realise they will get the bash for trying to bash the child...
    only then will the parent learn.

and then is where the education starts where all the intellectual and emotional knowledge that people like me hold can be passed on.
    until such a time it only adds weight into the boat to help it tip over(end in violence).

when you wash it all down and strip off all the baggage and childhood issues they have that burden them in their adult parenting life you are left with one simple choice.

"violence"
    or
    "non violence"

example of why most cant choose this is about everyone in the modern world every day and it is inventions of ordinary things that were soo simple that people could not even think of them.

the same goes for the mind in some things.
    this is one of them.
    and there i should best leave the subject i think.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009