Overpopulation of Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by duendy, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

How many of you would like to share your wealth with the poor to even out the distribution anamoly

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NACHMAN Registered Senior Member

HAHA! THAT'S A HARSH STRATEGY HAMSTER.WE JUST NEED TO CARRY OUT SOME SCIENTIFIC PROCEDURES TO REDUCE THE BIRTH RATE ANS SENSITICE THE POPULATION ON THIS ASPECT.WAT DO UTHINK?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NACHMAN Registered Senior Member

I Think It's Really Very Important To Fight Against The Overpopulation.yes Because Many People Produce Children When They're Not Able To Raise The Children.thi Leads To Famine,shortage Of Life Resources And Alwatnot.i Mean It Wil Be Better Not To Have A Child Than To Produce Large Amount More Than We're Able To Bring Up.we Need To Abolish All These Sufferings In Ths World, It's Painful To See Children Suffering.just Yesterday, A Mexican Had To Throw Her 6month Old Child In The Sea Because She Said She Was Unable To Raise The Child. Is That Fair?not Atall. We Need To Do Something About It.i Have Many Sugestions,wat Do U Think?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

I say kill em all and leave me the white women.

I dont really know, with so many people comes sooo much diversity. There is so much potential for _______ right now. Yeah were fuckin the earth, but i love to fuck. If the ships goin down, then im shootin bullets in the floorboards

8. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Not I. But I'm also opposed to excessive wealth.

9. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

This might have been mentioned already as i couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread but the population of the world needs to increase massively. If you take how big the universe is you need to have as many people as possible. We are a planet destined to go out into the stars and colonize. The universe is huge so the population needs to be huge to combat the size of the universe. Everyone who says were overpopulated is short sighted and thinking short term and is not considering the size of the universe. Get rid of the one child policy in china now.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  10. plakhapate Banned Banned

I do not think our planet is over populated.

Only the distribution of population over the earth is not uniform.

Further some people will bound to remain poor and some will be rich irrespective of total population.

Only we shoud try to maintain certain standard of living for poor people.

Serving the poor can be considered as big service to humanity.

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@rediffmail.com

11. Facial Valued Senior Member

I am in no position to say that the planet is overpopulated.

I advocate the equitable distribution of resources, but at what level? At what standard of living? If it is the US' standard of living, then yes, the planet is definitely too overpopulated. But that's a selfish standpoint, and most likely unsound.

12. firecross Scientist Registered Senior Member

It looks like people who are concerned about overpopulation won't have to worry. Within a decade or two, irreversable climate changes will kill off much of the planet and change life from a consumer-based model to a functional one. It might not fix the source of the problem, but it will at least provide a wakeup call.

13. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

If you are refering to a deep cold New Little Ice Age, then there are chances that most people will survive as they survived between 1640-1716 during the total absence of sunspots while Earth plunged into the Little ice Age when the Thames river froze up beyond London.

But if you mean a warming as predicted by Hansen and colleagues, then mankind will surely suvive in a much better condition than today. We haven't yet reached temperatures seen during the Medieval Warm Period, or the Roman Warm Period, which were about 2ยบ C higher than today.

14. protostar Registered Senior Member

That is true EDU, a warm period has preceeded ice ages.
    I wonder if climate change can "skip" the warm period and go
    right to an IA. What do you think?

15. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Climate has been changing since Earth was formed. The Earth has been in an "Icy State" for about 80% of the time, while warm periods (interglacials) have been much shorter (8000 to 15000 years).

Sometimes, climate change has been abrupt, and ice age conditions have developed in just a few decades. (Older and Younger Dryas are recent examples in our Holocen period), and cooling and warming events have been shown to be of a cyclical nature, as Dansagaard-Oeschger and Heinrich events (warm and cold ones)

Actually, it looks like we have entered into the downward slope leading to a new Little Ice Age (predicted by Theodor Landscheidt, the late solar physicist) when the sun will develop what is known as the Gleissberg Double Solar Minimum (of the same importance as the Maunder Minimum of the 15th century).

This terribly cold winter and so many Mobile Polar Highs coming down from the North Pole are simply a confirmation of such predictions. Landscheidt predicted that by 2006 we'd be seeing the cold effects of the incoming Gleissberg Minimum. He was right.

16. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

More cows and sheep and trees and stuff as weel etc

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  17. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

18. draqon Banned Banned

19. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

20. draqon Banned Banned

swiss bank moo, regular customer

21. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Duendy,
    I thought you might find this article interesting. It's about the exploitation of certain animal species by Native Americans.

22. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Dragon: Obviously a delivery by gateway computers.

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

Laika, i have never romanticised about our past. i am saying on tw whole many Indigenous poeples had more respect for Planet Earth manly because of a totally different worldview where they saw it as ALIVE, not dead as our current oppresive materialist philosophy dictates it

notice in your hand-picked article how it says 'significant [mammal] population declines'...it doesn't talk about EXTINCTION of entire species as has happened since modern man got a foot hold ad is escalatelingly happening now as i type.
    ook Laika, our shit is wayout of hand. dont look and ig to slag off some forms of Indigenous ways as a JUSTIFICATION for our rape of Earth. rather try and understand NEW ways of learning to live sustainably with the land. we HAVE to or we is dead, and/or living in more hell, and fuk knows about your kids and future generations

and also note.that artilce. weees listnn to mr white man agin aint we?