Palestinians---Peace---Oxymoron

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 14, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I could actually just replicate the Gaza experiment at home. You know lock up a few people in a small space without food and water and sanitation, shoot their families and bombard them for a few years, show favoritism by turns, see if that makes them more friendly to each other in general.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so now the war between them is our fault? to what an extent is israel holds responsibility for the palestinians?

the border with egypt is open, we give them aid, we gave them money, they have global support, they have everything they need to turn from the violent path they have chosen, and yet they shoot each other and blame us.

maybe if they werent encouraged by some to look at themselves as victims, theyll stop being ones. until then, nothing will change, no matter what will do.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that why the UN and WFP complain about restricted humanitarian access? And the elected government is put under sanctions with taxes held back while the favorite club is liberally supplied with money and arms?'

Is that why people are dying at the checkpoints due to inability to access medical attention?

Pull the other one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thats a laugh, coming from you, the perennial habd wringer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

No, its not. As I remember, a few months ago it was major news when Palestinian militants broke a hole through the wall to escape the humanitarian situation and the Egyptian and Israelis captured most of them and brought them back across the border. Gaza is basically prison.

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

we are not going to give money to hamas. its ridiculous to argue we should. especially after they fired on us. hamas also recieved money from the US by third party sources, as wel money from iran, which they used, guess what, for money.

the checkpoints are hamas checkpoints now, aimed to stop palestinians from reaching to the border. those who wanna leave to the west bank(surprisingly) do leave.

getting personal are we? nobody talks about the israelis who have died during this conflicts, as if speaking of it is some sort of sin. theres a difference between that, and claiming "we are shooting at each other beacuse of the israelis, we are victims here! --sound of a mortar cannon in the background--".

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the border is open, they have tunnels there, and there is no supervision across it. they basically do there what they want.

15,000 palestinians escaped to egypt by that border.

10. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Can you provide some actual proof for this? Perhaps from the Palestinian or Egyptian government sources.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think this is what he means
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/873847.html

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

nobody can provide proofs to someone who will argue its a zionist propaganda.

i find this ironic:
    :roflmao:
    source:zionist controlled site.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

As usual sam your trying to change the subject from how the Arabs have treated the Palestinians, and how the Palestinians treat their own, to America, and for a fact the Israelis have treated the peoples of Palestine better than their own Leadership, when ever possible the Israelis provide medical help, food aid, and even allow them to bring cases in Israel Courts, what have the Arabs and P.A. brought for the people of Palestine? no home land? war? famine? death? no water? no sewer? no hope? just what has the Leadership of the Arabs and Palestinians brought for the people of Palestine in 60 years

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That explains why the Palestinians are so happy.

16. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I was asking for proof of this point. I believe all the entrances and exits to Gaza are controlled by Israel. This is the first time I heard there are open tunnels.

17. aaa Registered Senior Member

You can't control anything below the ground, and the Palestinians know that - they dig tunnels under the borders and use them to smuggle money, weapons, drugs, men power... all this via the sinai desert, which is wide open. Apart from transportation, tunnels have been also used for terrorist acts.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

60 years of getting the shit kicked out of them by their fellow Arabs, I would be unhappy to.

The definition of insanity is doing the same exact same thing over and over and expecting different results, so why don't the Palestinians try a different approach? Make Peace with the Israelis and tell the Arabs to go screw them selves, enemies can make great allies.

West Rallies To Aid West Bank Palestinians, EU Sending Millions To ...
    The EU is restoring millions in aid to the emergency government that Palestinian ... Israel supplies most of the food and medicine to Palestinians in Gaza, ...
    http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/18/world/main2941776.shtml

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Do you have any actual proof from Palestinian or Egyptian government sources?

20. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

So what, people kill each other all the time. Didn't 500,000 white men butcher each other in the civil war? Didn't all the *Christians* carpet bomb *Christian* towns in WW2? I like it how you try to make this an *ethnic* matter. I miss the old days when racists would just come out and say what they really were. Instead of trying to hide behind flawed reason and logic.

21. aaa Registered Senior Member

Actually, yes, a lot of information that you can gather yourself using google.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,21371129,00.html

http://english.people.com.cn/200509/15/eng20050915_208559.html
    http://newsfromrussia.com/hotspots/2005/09/14/62878.html

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

This is what I wanted, thanks aaa.

So basically the borders aren't 'open' however some of the Palestinians dig illegal tunnels underneath to escape the humanitarian situation in Gaza.

I hope we can resolve this conflict so that Palestinian and Israeli families, who have nothing to do with the conflict, can both feed their children properly and live a full life.

23. aaa Registered Senior Member

I'm afraid it's much more complicated now. Hamas controls Gaza and the PLO holds the West Bank, so there's no partner for peace. The new Palestinian government of Fatah, led by Abbas, formally stated Hamas is an illegal force that took over the strip and would not negotiate with it, and Hamas on the other hand declared it does not recognize Fatah's authority over the WB.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/17/palestinian.cabinet/index.html
    What we have here is a '2 states' situation. Iran and Syria fund and train Hamas in Gaza while the US, Egypt and Jordan (and I think Israel too) support the PA in the WB. Eventually, those two groups will have to fight each other in order to achieve one rule, which will only increase the suffering of the Palestinian people. What solution do you suggest?