Peace Prize Winner:"Right Now I Could Kill Bush"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by sandy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Clinton lied and people died, isn't that the chant from the right about Bush?
    Clinton ordered the cruse missile strike on the only Pharmaceutical Factory in the Sudan, how many people die for lack of medicines, because he wanted to divert attention from the Monica Lewinski scandal.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I think it's pretty clear that she was speaking figuratively. Although I agree that it's a poor choice of rhetoric for a pacifist. We pacifists have to live with the burden that we can never threaten to solve problems with violence.

Nonetheless, figuratively she was speaking for a lot of people who have lost their patience with this little boy who can't even speak his native language fluently. The government that Bush has put together, the war machine he has assembled, and the actions he has taken are certainly the biggest threat to world peace in our era. Obviously not a hands-on threat since he's not killing quite as many people per day as the leader of Sudan. But he is directly responsible for the entire Muslim population of Earth--more than one billion people--steadily mobilizing against what they quite rationally perceive as The Crusades II. There will always be people like Bin Laden, but killing a few thousand Americans with some hijacked airliners, as sad as it was, would have been a footnote in history. Now that we've frightened a huge portion of the Muslim world into regarding him as their hero and sending him their sons and their money, he may become a true historical force who can do some real damage. Eight years ago scholars were suggesting that the world of Islam was poised to enter its Reformation, Renaissance and Enlightenment and become a mature religion, assimilated into civilization like most of Christianity. That is now unlikely to happen within the lifetime of anyone reading this. This is Bush's legacy.
    These are some of the stars of SciForums, a representative cross section of this organization at its most intelligent, articulate and passionate. They feel the same way about Bush. The man is a disaster for the nation and the whole planet. He may have set civilization back a hundred years. People are justified in indulging in evil thoughts about him and it was inevitable that one of us would put them in words.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

Good for Betty. A dead war criminal is better than a live one.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

And people think liberals have no sense of humor?

Consider that warmongers are sometimes nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. The reasoning is that peace is secured through warfare.

My only complaint with the sentiment is that killing Bush achieves nothing positive. After all, Cheney's next in line.

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Cleansing the Earth of Bush would also memorialize him into something he wasn't, not to mention garner sympathy beyond his namby pamby hand wringing sycophants.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

'Tis the curse of freedom. The people were not vigilant. They allowed a fox to guard the henhouse. Now we pay the price. I would apologize on behalf of my Bush-supporting American neighbors, but I think I'm having back problems. I can't stoop that low.

They knew, they knew. And they just didn't care.

I'll stand for my Constitution, though: I'm sorry; it was never supposed to be like this.

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Freedom is a curse?

Since when?

Since people are free to disagree with you?

Since when is your freedom not a curse for the rest of us? Since you don't care?

Ah, curse. Got it.
    Curse them. Got it.
    Two unequal people: "They"; "we". Got it.
    Wait for the invitation.
    Nor can you reach that high.
    Why? You don't in your own way.
    Our Constitution. No, it was never supposed to be just for your ilk.

Sorry.

Got it.

12. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear All,

i dunno about Killing MR Bush, but i would love to go out for few drinks with him, i reckon, politics aside, bush would be a great laugh.

~~~~~~~~~

Take it ez
    zak

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

If idiocy is your only contribution, you're welcome to keep it to yourself.

What I don't understand, G, is why you dedicate so much effort to appearing to think when all you can offer is the most simplistic, childish, and stupid perspective you can manage. I don't know about you, G, but I live in a world where the rich and privileged pretend to be burdened unfairly by their condition. Given that most of my neighbors seem to regard the duties of freedom (e.g. vigilance, integrity, justice) as burdens and curses. This is much akin to the "white man's burden" that came with the duty of owning slaves, and almost as easily laughable.

The "curse" of freedom, as such, is the curse perceived by many people who don't understand why we can't just vote all the homosexuals out of town, or subject Muslims to intensified scrutiny for the fact of their religion. It is the curse perceived by folks in Oregon and Colorado who rail against "activist courts" because the judges would not allow the people of the state to supersede the Constitution of the United States of America. It is the curse that leads hatemongers and other conservatives to fear elitism in an egalitarian outlook. It is the "curse" that compels a self-proclaimed superior body (e.g. Christians) to live in equal consideration under the law alongside their neighbors.

Equality has nothing to do with "them" and "us" in this case. "They"--e.g. a slender majority of participating voters--voted for someone, and now "we"--e.g. the lot of Americans, those who voted for him, voted for someone else, and didn't vote; in other words, all Americans, and by proxy the world--pay for the erroneous insistence of Bush's supporters.

If only those words were credible, G. But it's clear you're not, and it's clear you don't, so stop lying.

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Zak, Bush is a great human being. I like him. He's funny, generous, witty, obviously great fun to be with. But he's a numbskull! I think he even knows that himself.

Americans! Don't vote for people like this as President. You need someone with mental abilities which are just beyond him.

You are the supreme power in the World, don't vote people into power just because they are OK guys.

As for killing him, I don't know the context, and maybe it was just a joke. Like a Wife saying about her husband "Oh, I could just kill him".
    If it was said more seriously then the Nobel Prize has definitely gone to the wrong person.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

tiassa

Really? I think you should look in your own mirror, You love to accuse everybody else of spouting the Party Line, but you do it quite well your self, you present things in a most simplistic, childish, and stupid perspective you can manage, You spout the Democratic Party Line of ;

Bush Lied, Bush is a Criminal, Bush went AWOL, Bush is a Idiot, Bush is ------What Ever, You spout the Democratic Party Line that the Iraq War is Lost, well by historical standards it is far from lost, we haven't been driven from Iraq, we haven't been defeated on the field of Battle, we are still driving the Terrorist out of their holes, and they are fleeing and in the process revealing themselves for the vicious killers they are, they get their ass kick by the Coalition Forces, and who do they go after? the innocent civilians.

The War will be lost when the Democrats, and Moveon.org get their way and force a with drawl from Iraq, ( Just so George Soros can make some money)the War will be lost for political reason forced on us by the Democrats, (The Democrats think this will get them back in power) the War will be lost and we will see a aftermath that will dwarf the killing that took place in South East Asia after we pulled out of Vietnam, the War will be lost when the Terrorist start to bring their terror to the American Street.

So for your opining of Mr. G's posting, look to your own dedicate effort to appearing to think, when all you can offer is the most simplistic, childish, and stupid perspective you can manage.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Slap me, tease me, abuse me ... just get it right

Buff, the one nice thing I can say is that, for all your faults--and especially in comparison to G--you can, at least, string enough sentences together to form a respectable paragraph. Furthermore, you can actually communicate whatever stick is crammed in your unmentionables.

Nonetheless, you're out of your league. Specifically, this is not the league for rubber-glue games, no matter what G thinks. Apparently, you need a manifesto in order to know who you're dealing with, but that might be a bad idea, anyway, since manifestoes are something folkes generally fear. Nonetheless, to consider your list:

• Bush lied. (Is this somehow false?)
    • Bush is a criminal. (A bogus justification for war combined with open scheming to evade human rights considerations ... if it wasn't an American president, we'd be chastising the world community for allowing such criminal behavior to continue.)
    • Bush went AWOL. (This really would be irrelevant if conservatives didn't repeatedly make an issue of exaggerating Bush's service when he wasn't even there.)
    • Bush is an idiot. (At some point, I have sympathy for idiots. Believing Bush is stupid is giving him better credit than believing him Hitler.)​

The war is lost. One need not be a Democrat to believe that. Our primary purpose, weapons of mass destruction, was bogus. Our secondary purpose--regime change--was the easiest part of the mission and thus far its only remotely successful phase. Our paradigmatic purpose--to bring democracy to the middle east--has utterly failed. We've planted the seeds, sure, but we're pinching the water and beating the hands to keep them out of the fields. Our conduct as noble aggressor has made forfeit any pretense of nobility. The credibility needed to pull off this job is lost. It bled before we even set foot in Iraq, wounded by the slings and arrows of a dishonest Bush administration. It has bled to death on the field. Whatever problems Iraqi democracy faces in the coming years, the solution is most definitely not American.

The only winning cause in the war is the unspoken: that of the Cold War mentality. The idea that we can be healthy and happy only as long as we're scared shitless is hardly new. The American twentieth century is dominated by a silly process whereby we do everything we can to create enemies and then everything we can to destroy them. This cause lives on a steady diet of myth and destruction. In other words, it is the cause of myopic, greedy apathy.

Rubber and glue, again? Surely you can come up with something better.

Or should I presume this is actually the best you can come up with?

In the meantime, is the whole Democratic Party bit really as imaginative as you get? Because most telling of all is that you need to rope me back to the right before you can get around to excoriating my beliefs and political positions.

More effective, Buffalo Roam, than redefining me to fit your understanding, would be to actually augment the scope and scale of your comprehension. Keep beating on the Democratic Party and you'll find the Tiassa you thought you were bashing is nothing more than the straw you would stuff your children with to make them into effigies worth burning. (Take that, Harry Reid! And you, too, Pelosi!)

In the meantime, I'll be hanging out in the ideological company of Goldman, Pankhurst, and Chaplin, among others. We're left of the Democrats, to be sure. Left of the Commies, too.

The only thing I ask, Buffalo Roam, and yes, I realize that it is, in fact, too much to ask, is that when you pause in your day to gratify our anti-Democratic lusts, you at least get off to a real concept. Really, were I the object of your lusts, I would only be able to respond, "Well, that's fine, but why do you have to imagine me as a green-skinned Martian with wings extending from my ass?" In other words, at some point, your fantasy is simply that--your fantasy. If this object is unsuitable to gratify your desires, find someone or something else closer to your idyll.

Try the gutter, for instance. It's always on the right side of the street. If not, just turn around and face the other direction.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Buffalo Roam: "...Bush Lied, Bush is a Criminal, Bush went AWOL, Bush is a Idiot..."

It's cause for hope that curmudgeons can now reel off this "party line" (or multipartisan majority viewpoint) with little apparent conscious effort. Understanding isn't so far away. Our perceptions and knowledge may not be nearly so different as the variations on posturing and pigeonholing.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes personnel attacks all dressed up in nice pretty words, but still a personnel attack, and sorry you are not the arbiter of truth and justice, it is all your opinion, and as such your definition of the truth sucks, it is still nothing but party line, Democratic Party Line.

As for this I don't imagine you as a

Your personnel self image of your self is your problem, those are your word describing your self image, not mine.

ps: are you a green skined martin with wings out your ass?

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Hey! It's democracy! Of course Iraqui people chose all that!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

See, Buff, it's stuff like that which destroys your credibility. Now, here are the options:

(1) You really do take things so literally
    (2) You're simply dodging the issue​

Thus, to clarify: If you would like to criticize me, by all means do so. But, for once, please actually criticize me, and not some faery-fantasy image you've pulled from Uncle O'Reilly's Big Book of Bedtime Stories. Ye gads, Buff, is it really so difficult to pay attention? I'm sure that, if you give it even minimal effort, you'll be able to come up with something other than coming after me in order to puff your chest at the big, bad Democrats.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The one who is puffing up his chest is you, your self, you have declared that you have the sole vision of the Truth, indicates self delusional visions of grandeur, you claim that thing are self evident, to you maybe, but again that is your opinion of your delusion of the self perceived righteous truth, again your opinion, you fail to provide any thing other than your delusional truth in support of your self aggrandized arguments.

So now how about some factual support for your version of the so called truth on any of the subject that you pontificate on with such little thought and skill.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The irony escapes thee.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!