Pearl Harbor Day, WWII memorial stir sad, grim memories

Discussion in 'World Events' started by cosmictraveler, Dec 7, 2007.

1. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I have lost? Do I not get a prize then? Don't be fucking stupid Buffalo. The only thing someone could conclude from reading this thread (if they can get through the pointless bulk added by your cutting and pasting) is that you are an ignorant, stubborn, yank terrorist sympathising hypocrite.

Now you just sound like a mental case.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Mental case? really? Reduced to calling names, and you claim Victory? pitifully, just pitifully.:shrug:

Who chooses to ignore the history of the events, who is in denial of Japans murder of 26,743,900 innocent victims in a war of racial superiority, would you defend the KKK? Nazi? who continues to the endless Appeal to Emotion.

Who ignores the way Japan treats the subject of their responsibility for WWII today, on one hand Japan issues a apology and then on the other hand they are inevitably followed by statements of qualification or outright rejection by other prominent Japanese leaders.

This, raises questions about the apologies' "sincerity" - a key virtue in East Asian Confucian cultures.

Japan still as a national policy fails to recognize its aggression, it still teaches that it was out to liberate Asia from western imperialism, and that it was the Oil Embargo that was the cause of WWII, a war that had been in progress for 10 years against China.

_______________________Dennis P. Halpin___________________________
    _____Pearson Fellow, Committee on International Relations, U S House_____ _______________________ofRepresentatives_________________________

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Where have I denied this strangely precise figure of yours? Where have I praised the Japanese Military or said that they didn't kill civilians during WWII? What does that even have to do with whether or not the A-Bombings were morally correct? Why are you, even after I have told you several times (practically as if speaking to a child) that this has nothing to do with the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are you still trying to use this as some kind of counter? Does it make all those civilian deaths in Hiroshima and Nagasaki go away?

Have you noticed that you are arguing alone?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And doing dammed well! you are reduced to calling names, and endless appeals to emotion, and provide no fact.

The figure is the toll given by historians, and history is something you seem to be woefully ignorant of, and you ignore it consistently, and dismiss it as having nothing to do with Japans culpability in how the war was conducted, and Japans refusal to negotiate except under Japans terms.

It was made abundantly clear what the Terms of Surrender were to the Japanese, they were broadcasts to Japan and delivered through the Swiss to Japan, and Japan ignored them.

This is the Attitude of Japan over their responsibility;

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/08/news/japan.php

WW-II
    Another government is taking issue with Japanese revision of World War II history, but this time it’s not Korea or China, but the Okinawa Prefectural ...
    http://japundit.com/archives/category/ww-ii/

The ending of the war.

No I will try to explain it to you in the simplest terms even a child can understand,

The Population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were supporters of the Japanese government, they contributed to the war effort in Japan, there were Military Installations, War Industries, Troops, Naval Yards, War Supplies, in both these cities, not just women and children, but Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen.

What really get me is the fact that you fail to mention the civilian men in Nagasaki, and Hiroshima, that they were there to, in this you show that all you have is Appeal to Emotion and nothing else, in your child like thought process you only focus on the point that you deem will acquire the most sympathy, and ignore the rest of the mix of people in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Japan set out on a war of aggression, Japan wasn't going to surrender on August 14, 1945, and the war would have ground on, and the deaths would have continued for how long you tell me your are the one who says they know when the war would have ended with less casualties, so please provide the date the war would have ended according to you, and the number of lives saved by not dropping the bombs.

Japan ignored the Surrender Terms that were clearly stated and delivered to them by Radio, and the Swiss Legation. Since the war wouldn't end except for the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the death would have continued, and just because Russian entered the war, you can't show that act alone would have caused the Japanese to surrender, there is far more credence to the fact that the Bombing ended the war on August 14 1945 than the Russians entering the Pacific War, It was the Bombs destroying the Cities that changed the Emperor mind, that is what he referred to in the Surrender speech, not the Russians, remember the Japanese and Russian haven't signed a Treaty of Peace ending WWII yet.

As of January, 2, 2008, Japan still hasn't surrendered to Russia, and ended WWII.

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

So Japan hasn't surrendered to Russia you say? Looks like the war didn't end, right?

Errrm, apparently not....

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Russia seeking acceptable solution on WW2 peace treaty with Japan ...
    Russia and Japan have so far failed to sign a peace treaty thatwould formally end World War II hostilities between them due to a long-standing dispute over ...
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2004/02/mil-040212-pla-daily02.htm

So it was the Bomb that ended the war with the Allies in the Pacific, Japan has still not surrendered to the Russians.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, the Ruskies apparently do not feel the neccessity to kill a few hundred thousand women and children, regardless.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really?

http://www.kazakhstanun.org/A look at Kazakhstan History.htm

After the 1917 revolution Soviet power was established in Kazakhstan. Kazakhs suffered greatly under Soviet control.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genocide & Ethnic Cleansing
    Stalin’s Purges and Forced Famine [1932-1938]. Estimated Death Toll: Approx. 100-200000 Jews; 5 million Ukrainians killed 1932-33, 14-15 million Soviet ...
    http://www.flashpoints.info/issue_briefings/Genocide/Genocide_main.htm

Stalin’s Purges and Forced Famine [1932-1938]

A lot of Innocent Women and Children in those figures, Huh SpAM?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No nuclear bombs?

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Its a pity that most are choosing to debate the moralities of war, when war by itself is immoral. WWII sent ripples across the entire world, changing the shape of the planet. Since no one claimed precision strike capability, no civillians were spared. Let us remember the loss, and hope that with the new atrocities in Iraq, we never forget that war is brutal and immoral. While I have no memories of WWII (obviously), I can understand where you're coming from, cosmic

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Still dead, millions, still dead, but I can understand that attitude coming from a Moslem, its OK to behead them, its OK to blow them up in a suicide bombing, its OK to murder them if they are Infidels, its OK to murder them if they are Jews, as long as it is in the Name of Allah, just don't use the A Bomb on them.

SpAM you are a major Hypocrite, but then I have come to expect nothing less from you, and I end up being disappointed, you show me even less than I have come to expect.

Do you realize just how asinine that last post was? but then I expect to much from you.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So its fine to nuclear bomb women and children (only a few hundred thousand, all Japs who cares for Japanese civilians)

17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Well, let's see, the Russians killed a bunch of innocent people, the yanks nuked children, and the yanks and Brits firebombed the shit out of German cities. Looks like us allies weren't the "good guys" either.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not to mention whats been going on since after WWII

http://thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/KillingHope_page.html

"[American leaders] are perhaps not so much immoral as they are amoral. It's not that they take pleasure in causing so much death and suffering. It's that they just don't care ... the same that could be said about a sociopath. As long as the death and suffering advance the agenda of the empire, as long as the right people and the right corporations gain wealth and power and privilege and prestige, as long as the death and suffering aren't happening to them or people close to them ... then they just don't care about it happening to other people, including the American soldiers whom they throw into wars and who come home-the ones who make it back alive-with Agent Orange or Gulf War Syndrome eating away at their bodies. American leaders would not be in the positions they hold if they were bothered by such things."
    -William Blum

^^^aka Buffy's best interest of country

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

G.F. war, war isn't pretty, the war needs to end, besides the fact is again you fail history, the deaths by Stalin were all before WWII, and again I don't see you raising hell over that fact and the fact that 50,000,000 innocents from the Allied Nations died in WWII, that is the official Allied death total from the Axis attacks and failure to recognize their defeat in WWII.

Hell the War still hasn't ended, Japan still hasn't signed the final Peace treaty with the Russians, the only reason that Japan stopped fighting the Western Allies was that we changed the parodying, we made the cost of war more than Japan could afford, they saw that they would be totaled destroyed, with out the chance to kill for the Emperor, and have a honorable death, defending the Emperor and Nihon-koku, the lands of the rising sun, they finally faced the fact that the Surrender Terms had been set, and that there was going to be no negotiations.

Since WWII Japan has refuse to negotiate a surrender with Russia, and sign a Peace Treaty, so how long would it have taken Japan to surrender with out the Bombs? and how many deaths would that delay have produced?

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Well apparently they haven't surrendered.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No G.F. they haven't surrender, no apparently about it, that is the psyche of the Japanese nation and make up, they lost the Kuril Island because they didn't surrender and allowed the Russians to enter the war,

This is the cost of Japans failure to surrender, 400,000 of their citizens deported to Russia.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2000/09/06/edbow.2.t.php