Peeping Toms In Tanning Salons

Discussion in 'World Events' started by darksidZz, Jun 27, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I read this http://www.tantoday.com/forums/news...slapped-lawsuit-not-stopping-peeping-tom.html

Oddly enough though this young man was near the same age as the female he still got thrown in juv, was basically told how bad he is, and is now living a nightmare, all for watching a natural event unfold. I wonder if it's actually as bad a crime as they claim, I mean there wasn't a completely sealed room right. He has to participate in a sex offenders program????? ummm??? He'll never get a girlfriend now cuz when he's let out he'll be so afraid to hint at sex towards a girl he won't ever get any. I feel like throwing up now so excuse me if I go, I just can't fathom what society is coming to... so if you watch girls on the beach do you deserve to be put in a sex offenders program too? Come on ppl!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

i believe this is pushing the limits.
    the guy was 16, a kid.
    i can still remember looking up my babysitters dress, does that make me a pervert? a candidate for detention? does it qualify me for psycho analysis?

a lawyer seen dollar signs and thats all.
    you can rest assured if the same lawyer seen the same guy copping a peek at the same girl skinny dipping nothing would be heard of the matter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

That's a valid point. You're right, I can't honestly say this makes me feel very good. I honestly think it's an insult to humanity and America when you can take someone who sneaks-a-peek at a girl tanning (without any form of breaking and entering mind you) then throw him in front of a judge, sue him, sue the salon... IMO this is taking advantage of womens rights to an extreme. Soon you won't be able to even look at a girl without being arrested and thrown into a sex offenders program. Let me ask you this... exactly how does watching someone constitute a sex offense???? He did NOTHING!!

Anyways I could go on and on about how this makes me feel but it scares me even more to my core.

PS It doesn't say he was 16, but it states he was also a teenager, we must assume that's like 17-18. And the other matter is how they could actually prove he watched her at all? Did the dumb ass confess??? So yea I would never say anything about what I did do, only what I didn't. I would've told them "what? I never looked at anyone I wasn't even there." and similar things... this makes me highly disturbed and I am sure more cases exist of young guys being HARASSED for catching a peak of a girl. I guess what before was normal behavior is now being outlawed, way-to-go USA scum!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But isn't this how sex offenders start? They start with 'boys will be boys' things and escalate. How is this any different that peeping though a bedroom window?
    If you're skinny dipping you can't expect to have privacy, she did expect to have privacy in the room she was in.
    If the girl had been 12, would it still be no big deal?
    If that were our daughter, I can tell you right now, my husband would beat the crap outta him.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You make valid arguements, let me ask you though what if your 17 year old kid was the one who did it? Would you still think it's that wrong he deserves to be labeled a sex offender? If you say yes I wonder what humanity is coming to... for cryin out loud.... and 12 year olds aren't cute anyway so who cares if they walk around nude?

So SEEING someone naked will justify physical violence? Come on ppl get real, this was nothing compared to real crimes. This isn't how sex offenders are made it's how they are prevented. When you go around supressing mens natural urges that's when they go out and attack women for pleasure, etc. Duh!

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

i would argue that the only place you can expect privacy is inside your own house.
    the guy was a kid, it really doesn't matter how old the female was.

like your husband never sneaked a peek at a female in a compromising position. bullshit.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why would she expect that? Was there signs making that claim? Or is it a law somewhere on the "tanning booth" salons? Why would she expect privacy?

And is it reasonable to expect such privacy in places that one doesn't own or control in some way?

Baron Max

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

More Baron more!!!

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

"She says when she went to put on her clothes, she saw a face looking down at her through the space between the wall and the ceiling"

I know I would expect some privacy. If I'm peeing in a bathroom stall and a guy looks over the stall door, does that mean I can't kick his teeth in? Its not like he accidentally opened the door and saw her naked. He was being a peeping tom which is illegal. You have no idea how many women he has watched naked. Maybe this is the first, maybe not.

I'm amazed at the good ol boy attitude on this. Do any of you have daughters?!

13. Bells Staff Member

Lets see.

The girl went to a tanning salon, was sent to a private and closed room. She came out of the tanning bed naked (hence why you go to a private and closed room to ensure your privacy) and saw a male employee of the salon watching her in a small gap between the ceiling and the wall.

Why was he up there? As an employee, he should know that invading the privacy of the clients is wrong. At his trial, he showed no remorse at having done it when he went through the Juvenile Court system on the charge of voyeurism, hence why she filed a civil suit against his employer. The sex offender program is to teach him that what he did was wrong.

You just don't get it do you?

How so?

She felt violated enough to file a suit. She was 16 at the time and a male employee intentionally spied on her in a place she felt safe enough to strip down and tan, and then showed no remorse at having done so. Was there a sign out the front saying that she could be spied on by employees? Was she aware that a male employee could be watching her tan naked at any time? My guess is no.

Could you explain this please?

How is letting someone invade another person's privacy in such a personal way preventing future sex offenders?

So women should have no right to privacy because doing so is suppressing "mens natural urges"?

Does that mean that men should be allowed to do whatever they wished because stopping them is somehow suppressing their urge? Lets just say that I had a female urge to castrate you. Should I be stopped from doing so?

She was not lying naked on a beach for all to see. She went to a tanning salon, to a private room where she could take off her clothes to use the tanning bed, thereby showing her intent to get a tan without having anyone watching. He then decided to watch her, without her permission. Don't you think she should be accorded some privacy? So why does this male employee think or feel that he somehow has the right to watch her without her consent?

Would you be saying the same thing if he was outside her bathroom window, peering in a crack in the blinds?

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Then every single hetro male is a sex offender...seriously. Humans are really becoming pathetic.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No liberals are the ones becoming pathetic.

16. Bells Staff Member

I think what it comes down to is this.

Should she have expected privacy in the room she was in? Did she have a right to privacy?

The law seems to agree, since the offender was charged and put through the juvenile system.

But not "every single hetro male" goes peeping at naked girls now do they?

This girl was not lying naked on a beach or in a public open area for all to see. She was in a closed room in a tanning salon. She was paying for the privilege of being able to tan naked in a salon. She did not consent to have a male employee peeping at her.

Lets just change the scenario a little bit. Lets say she went to an underwear store and was trying on underwear in the fitting rooms. Should she be afforded the privacy to do so without being watched in a gap between the wall and the ceiling by a male employee of the store? Should she expect privacy in the fitting rooms? Would you? Would your wife or girlfriend?

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

i really feel sorry for todays youth.

it's the best way to destroy a country clandestinely.

18. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Zing!

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I'm talking about the difference between a sex offender and a horny teen that can't control his hormones. You(and orlander - any other WOMEN?) seem to see no difference.

Sure he should be punished - he should get fired and charged with some kind of indecency law if applicable. SEX OFFENSE? comon. Also the company that hired him should not be sued if they rightfully fired him. Pretty soon people will sue each other over the trauma of smelling a stinky fart.

and YES damn near every healthy 16 year old boy will WANT to look at a naked girl. No fucking doubt about it in my mind...you wouldn't know - you are a woman. Not all of em would take advantage of a crack in the wall(or at least not be dumb enough to get caught), for various moral reasons...yes one of them being a genuine empathy for how she would feel if she knew she'd been "seen". Oh my god a 16 year old boy saw a 16 year old girl naked, the fucking world is going to end unless he is locked up with some real kiddie fingering priests.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

He should be fired and embarrassed,

and particular attention paid to "remorse", meaning that the kid should not be allowed to pretend he was not doing something wrong and something he should be ashamed of (sneaking and peeking is unmanly, for starters, and discourtesy is childish)

and the owner of the tanning salon reminded of the nature of teenage boys in such situations, and the level of precaution that needs to be observed if one is going to hire them to monitor nude tanning salons with nubile young female clients unsupervised.

and anyone not actually there who makes a big hairy deal out of it otherwise, say by throwing around crap like "register as a sex offender", should be made to wear a hat like the Killer Bees from the old Saturday Night LIve skits, with the antennae balls on springs, when they are talking like that.

But also, it sounds like the boy's reactions were somehow disturbing to the adults involved - we can assume they are being silly, with the lawsuits and all, but we could also keep in mind that this kid might be impressing people as someone who bears watching, and his parents not alert or something. The law is a blunt tool, but there may be a need for something in this particular case.

21. Dark520 Rebuilt Registered Senior Member

I can agree with him getting punished, etc. but I still think it was a little bit harsh. WTF did the kid do, shoot someone? Don't tell me that seeing you naked is going to make you go into PTSD and become suicidal... are you kidding me? What actual harm does that cause? I could argue that it causes none. I can see him being put into a program to teach him how wrong what he did was, etc. But being a registered sex offender for the rest of your life for that? Now people are getting crazy. No harm done at all and he winds up with that? C'mon people.

Also, the girl said that she didn't recognize any remorse since she filed a civil suit? First of all, who is she to judge whether someones remorseful or not? Second of all, you want to punish the kid more... so you file a suit against the company? Real solid logic there.

Seriously people, things today are getting the point where you can sue for someone sneezing on you, and it's just fucking ridiculous.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hell in my day, some one would have told my dad, He would have had a Father, Son talk with me, I would have had a problem sitting down for a while, I would have been made to make a full and complete apology, and I would have been more careful next time so as to not get caught, Hell that was a still is a natural sport for all red blooded boys in the world, you have to find out the differences some time, and from some discussions with my female cousins it would seem that they want and managed to see the full Monty too.

ps: and more than a couple offered to show me theirs if I showed them mine.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I agree, this is no "sex crime". Hell, when I worked at a grocery store as a teenager I was working in the dairy cooler when an attractive and buxom female approached the milk display. As she bent down to pick up a gallon of milk, I was afforded a beautiful view down her shirt. While enjoying the view, the assistent manager came rushing into the cooler. I figured I was busted.

What did he say? "Hey, move over so I can get a look too! That chick is hot!"