Penicillin

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by dexter, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

Anyone know of any manufacturers? I'm doing a quick homework assignment on a biologically active molecure and this is the one peice of information that I have had trouble/been kinda lazy to find.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Have you tried Google? They should be very easy to find. In fact, I'll bet all the major drug companies produce it - people like Merk, GlaxoSmithKline, Abbot Labs, Bayer, Wyeth - the list goes on and on...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Donnal Registered Member

yeah my room mates fridgerator
    bloody arse ole he is he touched my flamin steak put his dam bloody finger right in the steak
    how frigin rude is that mate i hit the flamin fucking roof parden my french

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Donnal Registered Member

him and his girl friend might be able to grow anything in their fridge bloody aweful they are mate bloody aweful

8. sreeja Registered Member

The discovery of penicillin is usually attributed to Scottish scientist Sir Alexander Fleming in 1928, though others had earlier noted the antibacterial effects of Penicillin.The development of penicillin for use as a medicine is attributed to the Australian Nobel Laureate Howard Walter Florey. In March 2000, doctors of the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose (Costa Rica) published manuscripts belonging to the Costa Rican scientist and medical doctor Clodomiro (Clorito) Picado Twight (1887-1944). The manuscripts explained Picado's experiences between 1915 and 1927 about the inhibitory actions of the fungi of genera Penic. Apparently Clorito Picado had reported his discovery to the Paris Academy of Sciences in Paris, yet did not patent it, even though his investigation had started years before Fleming's.