People from the future

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Saint, May 24, 2021.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

I read that our body can not do time travel, but our mind can.
    Or our consciousness.
    Our mind can do time traveling in the computer virtual world.
    Some twitter accounts have people from the future.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saint Valued Senior Member

Mind's time travel does not violate the laws of Physics.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Remarkably, I might tentatively go with you as far as that. But not time travelers from the future appearing on Twitter accounts.

H.G. Wells entertained the idea of consciousness (or cognition) being what actually moved in time (as the fourth dimension), which even Hermann Weyl adopted for spacetime decades later. Wells in turn got it from the mathematicians of the 19th-century who first conflated time and space before Minkowski and Einstein gave teeth to the conception.

H.G. Wells: “Clearly,” the Time Traveller proceeded, “any real body must have extension in four directions: it must have Length, Breadth, Thickness, and—Duration. But through a natural infirmity of the flesh, which I will explain to you in a moment, we incline to overlook this fact. There are really four dimensions, three which we call the three planes of Space, and a fourth, Time. There is, however, a tendency to draw an unreal distinction between the former three dimensions and the latter, because it happens that our consciousness moves intermittently in one direction along the latter from the beginning to the end of our lives.”

[...] “And you cannot move at all in Time, you cannot get away from the present moment.”

“My dear sir, that is just where you are wrong. That is just where the whole world has gone wrong. We are always getting away from the present moment. Our mental existences, which are immaterial and have no dimensions, are passing along the Time-Dimension with a uniform velocity from the cradle to the grave. Just as we should travel down if we began our existence fifty miles above the earth’s surface.”
    --The Time Machine

- - - - - -

Hermann Weyl: The objective world simply IS, it does not HAPPEN. Only to the gaze of my consciousness, crawling upward along the life line [worldline] of my body, does a certain section of this world come to life as a fleeting image in space which continuously changes in time. --Philosophy of Mathematics and Natural Science ​

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

if the future people can give prophecy which is accurate, then we can believe that it is true.