People slipping through time.

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by GaiaGirl95, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

I time slipped one time

I was 15 or 16 and at a friends house playing a game on the computer, when all of a sudden, hell I cant explain the logic of this, but I was all of a sudden walking to his house again but unaware of the slip. When I got to his house, again, the same moment we both went "WOA, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" I was sketchy about telling him what I thought in case he'd just copy me and pretend like it happened, like how people think they feel something when a magician asks them if they do, so I asked him, and then we came to the same conclusion, we had somehow relived the last half hour, without knowing it, until of course when we got to the moment of the slip for the second time.

It really messed with my head.

If you look on Wikipedia there's other cases where people have slipped through time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

That's wild, if it's true. Could it be that it's just that you go play computer games at your friends house most days and you smoke a couple doobers? I'm not doubting you; just trying to figure it all out. Kurt Vonnegut Jr called such phenomenon being 'unstuck' in time. His character Billy Pilgrim though would suddenly find himself years into his own past or future life. But i think it was just Vonnegut's device for writing a non-linear story, rather than having extensive flashbacks say. But I think you ought to adopt the term, and say you got unstuck in time. Only a suggestion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

This is only a suggestion also - but I'd say the whole concept is NUTS! There's absolutely no scientific reasoning behind such an "event" - in short, it just cannot happen outside the realm of fiction! Hiss-hiss-boo!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

We know very little about our universe...we've only recently found out how particles have mass for instance...I tried to say the same thing to myself but I could only conclude there is no way I can explain my experience aside from a time slip or some sort of local glitch in time. We were both alert at the time, and we don't take medication/drugs.

Time is the 4th dimension, which means it has a backward & forward..

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No it does NOT. When it comes to time, there is only the present. Backwards and forwards are simply more fiction. The past is GONE and the future has YET to come about. Period.

9. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

You're wrong. Time is a dimension, so there is a backwards and forwards like how a line goes from left to right.

10. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Time is a cumulative thing, that it's only possible to accumulate more time. It's not possible to do anything other than add more time. There is no such animal as removing time, hence no such animal as time going backwards and forwards. Time elapses at a constant rate, period.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Time slipping as you described happens when one is smoking "funny cigarettes"or the equivalent. It just doesn't happen in the real world.
    Time travel of sorts though may one day be possible....but probably only to the future and it would be a one way trip.
    Time dilation for astronauts will occur for instance if we could achieve relativistic speeds.
    As yet though, we do not have the technology to even approach anywhere near such speeds.
    But for example, if you decide to head off into the Universe at 99.999% light speed for 12 months, 6 months to a point, and then a 6 month return trip.
    Your on board clocks have all shown that 12 months has passed, and biologically you have aged 12 months.....
    You would step out of your ship and find yourself in a time period around 230 years in the future, with all your friends and relatives long since dead and buried.
    That is a fact if we had the technology to achieve such speeds.
    But as I said, there would be no returning.
    I'm not saying 100% that time travel into the past is impossible, just that at this time, we do not understand the science behind achieving it.
    Perhaps wormholes??

12. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

Wrong. That doesn't explain how I and my friend looped through time.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

The other day I was driving home. I was listening to music. Then I found myself home without too much memory of the intervening driving time. The only possible explanation is that I was transported through time. Aliens? Probably the most reasonable explanation.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's an absurd and completely childish idea. Are you over the age of 16?? Did you attend high school??

15. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

Yes. How is it childish? Bit close-minded aren't you? So what are you saying? There is no left?

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No, not close-minded at all. While it's true that time AND space (spacetime) form a dimension, only the space part can be traveled through. As I said earlier, there is no past and no future - there is only now. It's the traveling "through" time that's childish and belongs to the realm of fiction writers. Let's put it another way: can you show solid proof of someone having traveled through time - either forward or backward? And I don't mean the way we all travel forward.

17. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

Then explain why there's many physicists who are devoting time into the concept of time travel, faster than light travel by distorting the STC (NASA), ETC.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

How silly!!! There aren't THAT many and they are simply trying to find a way, that's all. I wish them luck - even if they are beating their heads against a wall. Now... Show me what I asked for, please - or just go away.

19. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

I showed you my experience. You can't prove a negative so you cannot say a time slip cannot happen. Many theories have been proven wrong.

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Sorry, what you posted counts for absolutely nothing. And there is NO theory that provides for time travel - none.

21. GaiaGirl95 Banned Banned

That doesn't mean time travel is impossible.

The universe came from nothing. That's impossible.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Time travel IS impossible.

We simply don't know WHAT the universe came from.

And I see you are unable to provide what I asked for. It figures.

23. Huynh Phu Dat Registered Member

Agree !!!