Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Varda, Jul 30, 2011.
i demand a citation that corroborates your fanciful claim
a pic would do
Log in or Sign up to hide all adverts.
1. We get to be pregnant,
2. We can cry and not get made fun of.
3. We can be emotional and blame it on that time of the month.
4. If we don't know anything about cars, it's okay.
5. We get to decorate our homes and can almost entirely ignore our other-half's input.
6. We got off the Titanic first.
7. We can scare male bosses with mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
8. Our boy friend's clothes make us look elfin and gorgeous - guys look like complete idiots in ours.
9. We can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.
10. Men die earlier, so we get to cash in on their life insurance.
11. We don't have to fart to amuse ourselves.
12. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
13. Free drinks. Free dinners. Free movies (you get the point).
14. Taxis stop for us.
15. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
16. We can hug our friends without wondering if she thinks we're gay.
17. We can hug our friends without wondering if WE'RE gay.
18. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her ass.
19, If we have a zit, we know how to conceal it.
20. If we're dumb, some people will find it cute.
21. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
22. We have an excuse to be a total b*tch at least once a month.
23. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we're aware that we look like an idiot.
24. Our friends won't think we're weird if we ask whether there's spinach in our teeth.
25. There are times when chocolate really can solve all our problems.
26. We'll never regret piercing our ears.
27. We can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
28. We know which glass was ours by the lipstick mark.
29. We have way more hair options.
30. We can carry everything we need in a purse, if we want to.
31. We have the little black dress.
32. There is no need for us to act ridiculous to "prove" that we're real women.
33. We can fix scratches on our cars with nail polish.
34. No matter what we drive, we look good in it.
35. We can close our eyes and flinch at a bloody war movie and no one will care.
36. We can borrow clothes and mix and match, from any of our girlfriends or sisters etc, instead of having to go out and buy something.
37. We can act a little childish and it seems cute.
38. We can pull over and ask for directions and get lots of help if we're lost.
39. If we have a flat tire we can get help without having to worry about seeming "unmanly."
40. We can paint my nails without seeming weird or gay.
41. We can freak out over a mouse without looking foolish.
42. We can get someone else to take the fish off the hook for us.
43. We can have long hair without looking like a 1980s metal rocker
44. We can wear pink without looking like a sissy.
45. Barbie is a doll, not an action figure
46. We can call our female friends "girlfriends" and not sound like lesbians.
47. We can wear dresses, skirts and other cute things.
48. Lipgloss, lipgloss, lipgloss.
49. We're NOT men.
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
let it be known to all and sundry that sniffy is a guy
And gustav is white.
Anyhoo it has been a ball....
Good retorts, Sniffy.
It was just a search and quick pick to amuse or diffuse Gustav, but you've doubled the mileage of it.
Made me laugh, anyway....:thumbsup::roflmao:
will you two miss me when i am gone?
Wait, sniffy is female?
James is apparently not a Groucho Marx fan.
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
I'm a card-carrying Groucho Marxist myself.
HEY! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Your interesting that is for sure . I read that post of yours were you went into the bar and seemed to have provoked a couple of gay guys , or maybe not , but you made jest of your pussy
Don't you mean "you Marx that resemblance?"
I know she was--at times (okay, maybe most of the time)--unpopular (initially with me as well), but I REALLY adored Gendanken. She cracked my shit up.
From the perspective of this thread it seems that a number of ex-members that James had removed got put forwards as being the most remembered. Perhaps James jumped the gun and added Sniffy to the list of those he's wary of and in turn has enraged her.
(There is a saying that I could be mentioned, something along the lines of "Never a woman scorn", while it might be something useful for some, I'm not sure if anyone else would see the relevance.)
The main problem is that the whole Spurious affair is all "piss and vinegar", a rather unsettling mix that doesn't allow any bygones to be passed. I guess this is greatly amplified if super-secret squirrel discussions are held on the unmentionable forum in regards to this forum and it's administration but then the same can be said the other way. Every time it's repeatedly mentioned about (not my quote) "their ilk", it tends to cause greater tension both here and there, even if the fur isn't flying.
It's a bit like a coldwar with a Mexican standoff, just waiting to see which idiot throws the first nuke at any subtle dilemma.
I can understand both points of view, online people want to be able to entertain themselves while discussing their worldly views with an absence of any empirical evidence foundation, I can also understand that there is form of Elitism that professionals strive for, I guess it stems from Academic Excellence but the problem is this forum is a "Chasm".
(If you take Crossing the Chasm and rather than look at marketing look at bridging the gap between professionals and scholars with the general population on the internet, it should be understood that sometimes peoples perspectives dip into the chasm where communication drifts away from what the posed consensus driven objective is for such place as this website.)
I guess I am saying this isn't "Elitistforums.com", while it's initial pursuit is Science, the notion is that Scienta is Knowledge and it should be understood that some people don't know things that others do. Forums are here to bridge that knowledge gap, to have a discussion (That the serious nature of this place), however it's also needs to be capable of laughing on occasion.
Some of the worlds most serious scientist, have likely made funny jokes on occasion, if they didn't then they wouldn't be able to ice break at parties or attempt to socialize at a level enough to communicate with the rest of the world, sometimes the jokes themselves might be even aimed at each others findings.
(I'm sure people will now claim this place is the "pits", but do understand I am talking about a chasm, a pit is something entirely different.)
I love this bar!! It is My new Home !! Unless I get perma banned one day . Then I will cry , kick the dust off and move on , Until that day lets party . Kissy Kissy
Mod note: Posts containing profanities (including posts that quote profanities) have been removed.
Only what you tell me. Which in this case is that spuriousmonkey's forum is more "homey" for you than this one. So.
This all started only because I dared to tell a truth that you yourself admit - that you're more comfortable at spuriousmonkey's forum than you are at this one. There's really no need to get all upset.
It goes almost without saying that I don't need to do anything to "trash" that forum. It has always been trash, right from the start. It's essentially a private boys' club where the boys muck around as if at a pub. Poo jokes seem to be a major feature, as far as I can tell.
Each to his own, I guess. The difference is not that I don't have a sense of humour. It's that I don't have the kind of puerile sense of humour you obviously admire. I got over poo jokes in primary school. But there you have a bunch of supposedly grown men who still think it's smart to say naughty words and to fixate on bodily functions.
As I said, it's just a personal preference. Not my cup of tea, but it may be yours.
That's largely irrelevant to poo jokes, as far as I can tell. You probably don't need scientific qualifications to tell those.
I have as much right to judge them (and you) as you have to judge me. Let's not have double standards, now.
Again with the vegetarian thing. Does vegetarianism intimidate you in some way? Do you have repressed guilt about meat eating? Or what?
Oh wait - maybe you think you're pushing my buttons with that stuff. Is that it?
Just stick with "arsehole" if you like. It's more honest, and it doesn't arbitrarily insult other people.
Already done back in post #41. All you have done is confirmed what I said.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you saying I'm self-obsessed? Or conceited? Or what? Try using language that actually expresses what you want to say, rather than schoolyard terms like "head so far up your own arse". How old are you?
Save your foul mouth for the other place, please. They'll think you're a sophisticate, whereas I just find you rude and immature.
That sounds almost like a threat.
I'm happy to let the matter of your internet buddies rest right here, if you like. After all, they speak for themselves, don't they?
Unlike them, I don't really think it's ok to insult people on a forum where they are not present to respond.
In the ethos of that other place, it's a sign of membership of the boys' club as to how often you can drop the c word, isn't it? It gives you a thrill. It makes you feel included and special. The more you use foul language, the higher your status over there.
Just don't assume that the same smutty standards apply here.
I really have no interest at "getting at" some losers on another forum, believe me. They can have it. I'll wager that they have mentioned me over there thousands of times more often than I've mentioned them here. You might want to step back a little and look more objectively at who has "issues".
I don't know about lately, but a couple of years ago I know sniffy was an active member of spuriousmonkey's forum. She hasn't said anything to indicate that she isn't one still.
Her name was mentioned in the same breath as some of those others, and I merely commented that she seemed to like things over there. She has subsequently confirmed that. So, I don't quite see what all the fuss is about.
Last time I looked, which was admittedly quite a while ago, I didn't see anybody over there letting the bygones go. On the contrary, I saw a lot of insulting references to sciforums members, including myself. And I mean really puerile name-calling bullshit, directed at people who were not present to respond (or even be aware of the comments). And all that on a public forum.
I've even seen them plotting to "trash" sciforums as much as they possibly can. A few of them seem to have a really deep-seated hatred, such that they feel a need to lash out in any way they can.
I should also mention that I think they tried to trash one of your other internet projects a while ago, Stryder, on the sole grounds that it had a connection to this place. With your being a moderator here, they obviously consider you a justifiable target, too.
Well-played, sir, well-played. I'll Marx that one down for you.
Are you fucking kidding me?
Separate names with a comma.