PETCO allowed animals to die during the floods in Johnson City, NY

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Yellow Jacket, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

I live in Johnson City, New York. I knew that where PETCO was located that they would be flooded based on the floods of '06. Petco is now saying that there was no sign of flooding and it was the floods. It was a drainage/sewage problem. Seriously???? Due to their negligience animals died. They will not say what or how many died. The fact is, animals did die, locked in their cages with no way of escape as the flood waters slowly rose around them. I personally contacted the news earlier today and there was a report out in the evening. I have contacted NBC. Anyone who wants to help in my effort to bring down all that are responsible, please "flood" all the national news and papers, boycott PETCO until it is done.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Saturday--Petco-129586498.html

I am not sure if this is allowable on this site or the right location, but as you can see, it is an outrage! If anyone knows of links or people or organizations that can help in this effort, post them!!! On a sidenote, PETCO on Facebook is deleting comments by many locals left there. Must be nice to edit the crimes you have committed when others have tried to out you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Really? There animals. Why don't we worry about the people treated like animals first.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Frishman Registered Member

Because then you don't look like a shining example of a hero. Duh. No one cares about the two humans that the fireman saved from the burning building. All they care about is that he went back in for the cat. It showcases his "humanity" in a way that is undeniable.

Truly, though, we now have actual evidence to support the fact that we respond to animals more than we respond to humans; they think it's a throwback to when identifying friendly/predatory animals was kind of important.

But, at least this person's trying to do something about something that he feels strongly about. If you truly feel so strongly about saving people treated like animals, why don't you do something similar?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I guess you have not seen this video yet. Just happened yesterday.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1157338831001

8. desi Valued Senior Member

Animals died in a flood? Animals are killed every day because nobody adopts them from animal shelters. Of those how many have you saved?

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

well, does that mean you can share some culpability?
    or was you too busy saving your own butt.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yellow Jacket, I think you are doing a good thing. keep it up

11. siledre Registered Senior Member

When you own an animal, and it makes me sick to say that, you take on the responsibility of care for that animal. I don't have any animals living with me but if I did I would give them the same consideration of effort to save as I would a family member. I don't put a life form in a hierarchy just because they aren't human.

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

A man who goes into a burning building for a cat is a fool. I do my best every day, unfortunately humanity works against me.