philosphy of terrorism

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by imimim, Feb 23, 2002.

1. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Why would I care about such insignificance. As long as we don't go out like punks, I'll die happy.
    Don't make me call you an idiot.
    Go ahead, bend like a reed dude.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Kind of like frankenstein against his monster. The world made the U.S. did it not?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

No you did that ALL BY YOUR SELVES so don't blaim us for THAT ONE

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ImaHamster2 Registered Senior Member

This hamster knows many Americans that do care how the world views the US and do appreciate the support of friends. Americans are taught that they should do what needs doing even when it doesn’t make them popular. THAT is not the same as not caring how others feel or listening to the advice of others. Australia has been a good friend to the US.

8. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Your right ImaHamster2, I'm sorry.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Asguard

So your saying you would side with the terrorists? Are you mad because we wouldnt run to your aid when Australia requested it earlier? But you know if we did run to your aid, you guys would start crying about us interfering. Look, if you dont like the US - dont come here. Thats all. Dont knock it. Im not knockin Australia. And you dont make much sense in your posts. It seems like your mad at the US for some reason or another and your trying to prove your point through different means. Ive been trying to stay pretty level headed while maintaining my point, but it doesnt seem to matter. I asked your alternative to war - you gave some crappy answer. I asked why do terrorist think the way they do - you say its all US's fault. Im starting to think Im going in circles in this thread. If you cant make a valid arguement - dont argue!

Groove on

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

*strgirl* i thought i was being VERY level headed but i admit i was angry when i wrote my last 2 replys but it was at Nephilim not you.

Just because you don't LIKE my idears dosen't make them "stupid". I hapen to belive they are the ONLY way to stop this situation from happening AGAIN. Next time they wont use planes they will use something else and you will all say "Oh THATS WHAT WE FORGOT". You can't stop them by war they will just fade away and apear somewhere else, while you are adding fuel to THEIR arguments and causing a few more to join there cause.

Of corse i have no intention of joing them but i do feel sorry for people who are that desprait they feel they have no choice but to do things like that. NOT BIN'LARDAN. More the poor people who are caring out his missions. THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE SURE HE CAN'T GET MORE RECUITS IS TO REMOVE HIS JUSTIFACATION.

11. Whew......it's getting pretty bitchy in here, ain't it?

First off, Strgrl- just because someone doesn't support America, it doesn't mean they're on the side of the terrorists.

Secondly, I'm hearing alot of "we don't care what the world thinks about us".

This attitude is all well and good, but it's what lands you in trouble in the first place. It's like you're saying "well, we're big and powerful, and we'll do whatever the hell we want, and if the rest of the world doesn't like it- tough, we don't care!"

It's that sort of attitude which makes people so angry that they want to hijack a plane and crash into a skyscraper.

Even though we're debating touchy subjects, I think it would be best if we didn't start with the personal insults. Everyone has the right to their opinion without being called an idiot or a child.

Io

12. Re: Asguard

For a start, no one said they were anti american.

It might be a "crappy answer" in YOUR opinion, but unfortunately, it's the only way to prevent attacks like these from happening again. Anyway, who are you to say what's crappy and what's not, you support a war, but you don't even know how it's supposed to solve the problem.
    No, it's not all Americas fault, but like it or not, your foreign policy had a lot to do with it.
    That's exactly the way I feel about your argument. You can't even explain why you support this war, so perhaps you shouldn't be arguing about something which you don't even understand.

Io

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I was begining to think i was on my own again
    Thanks Io

14. justagirl Registered Senior Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by *stRgrL*

I asked your alternative to war - you gave some crappy answer.

Originally posted by "strgrl*
    We shouldnt put people down just becuase we dont agree with each other. Disagreement is what makes this site so special.

15. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Its people like you that misinterpret or put words in peoples mouths to fit your agenda which is wrong.
    You never seem to know what I'm saying, it seems to get lost in translation somewhere.

Than stop spitting! If you have a point to make, make it. Side stepping makes you look foolish. Just because you don't come out and say it doesn't mean stRgrL is wrong. If your anti-american, say it. I would rather have someone(you) tell me that they hated me, than to pretend otherwise.
    The words I love to hear, it's usually followed by an oppion. Make sure it stays your oppion. If you need to rally support, to fend off your enemies(us), than you might be doing something wrong, isn't that what you've been telling us?

16. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Justagirl

Saying someone has a crappy answer is not the same as calling someone closedminded.

Asguard and Io

"if you cant make a valid arguement - dont argue"

Sorry, bit outta line there. But it just seems to me that you guys keep going around the topic, gettin all rowdy

I believe that you 2 have good points about "war is never good" I do not like war. I know alot of people who are active duty right now. But Im willing to put that aside and support my country. 1) Doesnt matter what we did, it does not excuse the events that took place. 2)If this is the best way to - at least - try to rid and protect the world from future threats, then I support it. And everyone that loves their freedom and enjoys the luxury of safety - should also support ANY action(s) taken to preserve these freedoms.
    Now, Im not here to fight with anyone only support my country and state my opinion. (Oh, and maybe try to persuade a few people that Im right

) Peace.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Ok bullets i will divide everyone up into 2 camps

Camp one (you and your surporters)
    You seem to want to REACT
    Bin'lardan hurt you so now you go and kill him
    WAIT a little while
    Someone else atacks you
    YOU atack them and kill them and so on

Camp two (us)
    We don't think that the war dose anything more than creates more terriests
    We think that the US (and the rest of the world) need to adress the underliying issues
    Also think that to improve US safty you need to focuse more on the Law enforcement insted of the ARMY

It seems to me that we can divide the views into REACTIVE (your side) and PROACTIVE (mine)

I wonder which sides views would work best
    Shell we ask Irland or Israil which works better

18. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Wooow, dont think Ive ever been that mad! Hence my point - terrorits are terrorist and they are going to terrorize no matter what. Its not about an attitude or a policy its about extremist terrorists(murders) who need to be stopped!

Peace

19. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Wait, didnt Laddy REACT to us?
    If we stop the terrorists - they cant come back to attack. And when we do succeed, I dont think anyone will be crazy enough to mess with us. Oh wait thats what this thread is about - crazy terrorists who hate us!

20. justagirl Registered Senior Member

The United States of America can not stop crime in their own country and for that matter most countries can't. The United States can kill as many people as they want and it will not stop anything but create more wars. Even "Total" destruction of the Middle East will not stop this . Now using war as a tool creates more terrorist waiting to fight back. Isreal and Palestine have been at war for around 4000 years off and on but the "off" was when Isreal didn't have a country. That took a real genius to Give Isreal "Palestine"...as it was sure thing for war and tension in the Middle east.

21. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Asguard, your right, the next time we'll just offer our throats for them to slash.

22. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

we were attacked first.
    when isn't there war in the middle east. Remember that we were content minding our own business, but people have to keep fucking with us. If they think we will just lay there for them to trample us, their crazy as Asguard.

23. justagirl Registered Senior Member

We were not "attacked" by a country but by a group of criminals .

Quote.... Remember that we were content minding our own business, but people have to keep fucking with us.

They have asked us to leave them alone since 1948 and we haven't because we "wanted their oil" and thats the truth.