phishing scams and politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sculptor, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I did hear somewhere that bad English and poor spelling was used to filter out the smart people leaving the scammers a concentrated pool of targets

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelor Registered Senior Member

...Yeah, and just a bit higher than the back of the chair. LOL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, good ole PEBKAC...

I also like the following errors:

OSI Layer 8 Error (thumbs up to anyone who gets it)

Burro
    Idiota
    OPerando
    Sistema

ID10T

Problem
    In
    Chair
    Not
    In
    Computer

and a host of others

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But, yeah... phishing attacks against the gentrifying leaders of America would, overall, be rather successful in my estimates - most of them wouldn't know to do such basic things as compare the domain against the senders name against the URL in the link and other such best practices to defend against these attacks.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

True, but you need to remember who you're dealing with. His only real point in that is to complain about Democrats. It sometimes seems a bit tougher for you or I to do something so superficial as comparative retort because when it comes to not believing how stupid Republican leaders are, it isn't because they somehow accidentally backed Trump, it's because Republicans are dangerous. It's not an accident; they want to be this way; they're daring to be stupid. They're not the kind of stupid that accidentally falls into dumbass grifts; they're the kind of stupid that attempts blatant grifts because they are pathologically incapable of basic decency. They're the kind of stupid that figures out a basic grift and instead of breaking it, decides to adopt it as if nobody else will notice. Republicans, advocates, and conservative supporters are kind of known for this thing. They are the antisocial party. To hear them talk, they should be regarded as armed and dangerous and willing to shoot anyone to death for no reason at all.

I mean, y'know, if you listen to what they say.

Because what they really want is for everyone to strap on and start shooting back because that will make their Masters happy.

But when they realize everyone is shooting back at them, Republicans are so stupid they won't understand why.

So to make their point, conservatives will arm the white children while imprisoning and torturing brown children.

I know, I know, but what happens when we start paying attention to all the dumb things Republicans and conservatives say?

It's like that bit people tried before the election, about not really supporting Trump but needing to stop Clinton; perhaps it would have been less unbelievable if it wasn't so doctrinaire that the most unbelievable part about it was the fact of trying that sleight in the first place. It's not like the rest of us haven't seen this maneuver over and over and over again, but, you know, sometimes it's enough to swindle through.

Because that's apparently how smart they are.

The only way to deal with Republicans is on their terms.

Well, or so it goes until someone does. Then Republicans cry and tell us how unfair it is that the same rules everyone else is expected to live by somehow apply to conservatives, too. This is a political market rife with consumers and advocates too stupid to comprehend the difference between being born into dark skin and making a deliberate decision to go harm someone for their having been born into dark skin.

Remember who and what we're dealing with.

On this occasion: ¿Can you believe some politicians in the Party I don't like failed to stop an international conspiracy to illegally advance the Party I support? ¡How dare they fail to stop us!

It's time to stop pretending such arguments are somehow competent or credible.

Aiding and abetting criminality? It's just because they're jealous, and envy that power to harm people.

And if that malice isn't who they are, then they should occasionally accidentally fail to bring it.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

LOL
    Thanx Tiassa