Physicists take first step towards practical teleportation

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Radical, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Radical Registered Senior Member

http://www.nature.com/nsu/010927/010927-11.html

Teleportation will not involve the wholesale deconstruction and reconstruction of humans, Star Trek-style. It should allow the arrangement of one set of quantum particles to reproduce more or less instantly that of a similar collection of distant particles. In this way a message encoded in photons of light could be transmitted from one place to another without sending the photons across the intervening space. . .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The problem is that there is no perfect copy. So how many times can the original be sent before the degradition makes it unusable? I would think that sending anything live would be a matter of great consernation for this reason.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Moose Registered Member

sounds reasonable (read the piece)
    But thats a bloody huge difference in time
    now there's a useful reply.......

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I had looked into teleportation, I noted some information concerning the PSI Shadow wave (mantra) and zero-point energy having a influence over the creation or continuation of matter.

I was looking at how folding timespace and the location of such energy that supposedly eminates from (for instance) an atom, could be percieved as the reverse, namely folding the energy to the point of the atom creates the atom.

I've mentioned on on of the other topics about time travel and high speed changes from matter to frequency to matter, that you might find some of your energy quanta dispersed along the distance of transversement and a guestimate has me believing that for a person to be pulled apart and put back together will result in pain beyond their threshold.

Another point was that in the pulling apart and reconstitution of matter, there would be a great level of energy (heat etc) this would mean the only mass that could teleport would have to be FROZEN before teleportation.

Of course I haven't even mentioned the explaination of having to calculate not just quantum entanglement (the directions of atoms) but Quanta entanglement( how high an atoms energy level is) it could also be percieved as "Radiation".

I still say the only viable substances for transporting like that would be frozen pure elements that aren't metalic (Or capable of being polarised) something like Oxygen or water. Or the natural choice for high speed travel (via blackholes) Hydrogen.

8. kmguru Staff Member

Teleportation anyone like "Earth - Final Conflict" ? May be interdimensional....from point A to point B in normal space....

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Quantum teleportation

Quantum teleportation of individual photons has been demonstrated in the lab. These are not exactly copies. The original photon must be destroyed in the process, but all its properties are transferred to another photon at a distance. In this sense, it is a perfect copy, indistinguishable from the original in any way. In fact, it is fair to say that the original photon disappears from one place and reappears elsewhere, quantum state intact.

10. Mad Scientist Unknown Registered Senior Member

Re: Quantum teleportation

Yes I think this is the correct interpretation.